main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Post a Pic of your Pet(s) v5.0

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Dec 22, 2012.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    PUPPEH!!!

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Fluffy little stuffed animal. I need to steal her.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Gaaah my parents keep torturing me with pictures. My dad says he said my name to Minnie and this is the look he got:

[​IMG]

Okay, I'm sorry. I will stop before I turn this into the "post pictures of Minnie" thread :p

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    In some pictures Minnie doesn't look real. It freaks me out.

5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Look at that nose! I want to push it! *BEEP*

DarthIntegral likes this.
  6. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    not gonna stop spamming this thread. i'm like those facebook mothers.

dog is back from her easter holiday. mother says she's ridden(?) a snowmobile, got a new haircut and played with my aunt's new puppy.

ready to drive back home with me.
    [​IMG]

can't stop laughing at that stupid face.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

This is what'll happen when you finally get her a haircut

[​IMG]

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Had to say goodbye to our lovely Leonberger Asha (see previous posts of mine in the thread) yesterday. Cancer had got to her, but being 10 years old, had beaten the breed's life expectancy by 3 or so years. A long happy life, and a huge part of our family.

[​IMG]

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    :(

Sorry, JayPee.

jp-30 likes this.
  10. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Asha RIP beautiful doggie!

jp-30 likes this.
  11. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    She's was a beautiful (and happy looking) dog jp-30.

Cancer sucks.

@};-

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It sucks so much that dogs and cats live much shorter lives than humans.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Sorry for the loss to your family. But a beautiful dog, and I'm certain fantastic memories for the family.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Damn jp that sucks. Sorry for the loss.

15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm so sorry.

16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    My condolences, jp, to you and your family. Having a dog in the family is an incredibly enriching experience and it also feels like one of the purest goods a person can do, caring for and giving an animal a safe home in a world that's so often vicious and cruel to them. May you remember the joyous moments you had. :)

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Thanks everyone. Very quiet house here.

18. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Sorry to hear it, jp. Pet's lives are heartbreakingly short in comparison to ours. And their deaths are a mystery, because how can you relate? You can't talk about it with them.
    And yet, they can be as close to you as your best friend.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    A few weeks ago I had to put my puppy of 17 years to rest as she had degenerative spinal nerve damage leaving her without control of her legs and bowel movements. Even with the prescribe pain medications from her vet, she was in pain as she would often whimper.

This pic was taken on the first day we brought her home from the animal shelter. My niece gave her a huge welcome hug.
    [​IMG]

Like an senior citizen, Max would find the winters cold and we had to put her in a sweater.
    [​IMG]

She would sleep at the foot of our bed with one of our cats.
    [​IMG]

This was one of the last nights with our puppy, Max. Her stomach was getting bloated because she couldn't use the bathroom due to the spinal nerve damage. Our oldest cat, Yoda, spent the last nights sleeping with Max.
    [​IMG]

It was so hard to say goodbye to a member of the family. I've been crying off and on the past couple of weeks. I will always shed a tear when I think of this mutt. My wife and I loved our puppy so much and she'll be deeply missed.

[​IMG]

I decided to post these pictures as it's therapeutic and because of this post that my wife sent me on FB. It totally shedding more tears after reading it.

[​IMG]

cookeycat and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Sith_Sensei__Prime My deepest condolences. That was a beautiful story and yours was a wonderful dog, by all accounts. 17 years is a long life.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  21. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    So sorry for your loss Sith_Sensei__Prime

That was a beautiful post about your Max, it brought me to tears. She looks like she was such a sweet girl.

22. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Sorry for you loss of a great friend and family member.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Adding my condolences.

24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, yeah, beautiful post. People who haven't lived with animals don't get it; they really are members of the family. I don't even want to think about the day my dog goes. Serious condolences. And that cartoon is incredible. Not to make this about me, but it does kind of follow on that cartoon. I remember when my first dog died; he got so sick really fast, but I'll still remember sitting there with him, with my hand on his head. The way he looked into my eyes was unbelievably profound; we just looked into each others eyes and it was like we both wished we could really, truly speak to the other in a way that would be totally understood. But we understood each other there at the end as best as we could, I think. God, now I'm crying. Anyway, thank you for giving a shelter dog a good home and a good life. I know she loved you & the family very much.

xblackout and Ewok Poet like this.
  25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I have a very heavy heart today. I lost one of my loyal pets that I have had for long time. He was almost 15 years old. Today has been brutal to say the least. I was there with him in the end so at least he knew I was there. [​IMG]

Drats, can't get the photo to load.