main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Post Canoe Trip

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediScout, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Well, I had an awesome time today. Wished it would have ended about an hour earlier, but hey it was a great time. Im glad so many people showed up. I dont think it would have been so much fun if only a few showed up. I fell asleep in the car on the way home and as soon as I walked in my front door, I hit the floor. I was totally exhausted. Im just now waking up. Looking forward to the next outting (sky diving). We need to look up some info and do this probably after Star Wars Weekends.

Dale

2. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Alex and I had a great time too. It was really great meeting all of you. We are exhausted after all that rowing!

3. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Yawn, Stretch... yeah:
    Tipping, personal injuries, swimming with alligators- I had so much fun I wouldn't trade it for the world! Seriously I had a blast!! I loved hanging out with all of you, meeting the newbies, helping stranded canoers with that tree but mostly listening to the birds (& gator) calls, seeing nature in true form- the wind in the trees and watching sun light stream through the leaves. Yes, it was long and we're exhausted but it's a really good feeling. I took an hour nap and feel awesome (well, except for my knee). Well, where's that other PB & J I'm hungry, oh yeah, the dog ate it. Can't wait to see the pictures! Yawn, maybe one more nap before sleep :D
    Melanie

4. JediRecon

JediRecon Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    I had a great time as well. It was nice meeting most of you for the first time and seeing a few of you that I've met before. I have some interesting shots. I'm sending some to Brandon and almost all of them to Ia. So I'm sure everyone will get to see them. I look forward to the next outing (but not skydiving ;) ).

5. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I had a great time too. I'm a little sore, but it's the good after-exercise type, and a bit sunburned, but really enjoyed the day. Hope to see you, Susan and Spencer, again soon. And Susan, Alex is a pretty cool kid.

Skydiving is go for me, but since I'm sure it'll be on a weekend, I hope it won't be too close on the heels of the Weekends. (days off) Maybe early July? -Campbell

6. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    That's cool you guys had fun!

If any of you want your pics up on the site, send them my way! starwarsgeek1138@hotpop.com

7. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    I love canoeing! Oh, sorry again to all you who got stuck in our booby trap. Next time remember to bring your "trolling motor of speed +2". lol! OK, have to go work so I can afford to sky dive sometime! :)

Aaron

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    A good trap it was. For the record, I'm always up for canoeing Rock Springs in a group of at least 2 canoes. Heck, Dale, that's better than most trips to the gym, eh?

9. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    That was just like going to the gym. I got a whole upper body workout. Made me sleep real good that night.

10. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    We got a mention on the Holonet news here on TF.n about our canoe trip. Minacia likes us, she really likes us. But she doesn't usually remove outdated Forum Announcements- so Ia, when you get a chance you might ask her to remove that. Maybe a Star Wars Weekends note? or nothing? Whatever you think. -Campbell

11. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    actually she likes me... i asked her to put that up there so I will ask her to take it down. hmm ill give her new info to replace it with.

12. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Are the pics from this event going to be up on the new site also?

13. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Most of them are up at Stefanie's original Orlando Fan Force site. I have them all on my hard drive, so if you want copies of all of them, at least the ones I took, I'll bring you a CD to the next meeting. Anyway, for now, go here (note that they are lower resolution than the actual ones I took in order to save space).

orlandofanforce.tripod.com/gallery/canoe.htm

Brandon

14. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I hope when Ia digitally remasters these photos at age 60 she makes me look a lot better.

15. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I'd never gone to check them till today. With the exception of Sabacc, that's a nice little scrapbook of the day. I hope this content will make it into the new version of the site. -Campbell

16. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I loved our canoe trip so much I joined a canoe race/competition in a few months. I'll be on a team of 8-10 people and I find out my competition date in a few days. In the meantime, we'll be practicing (yes, yes, I know I need it). Anyhoo... I can't wait and think it's going to be a BLAST!
    Melanie

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Canoe's rock. Maybe it's because I didn't go to camp, but I can't get enough of it. I've got a midweek trip to King's Landing in a few weeks that I'm anxious for.

Also, there's talk that Melanie and Campbell are taking Scuba lessons very soon. Any one else interested/licensed? And yes, I'm the one that started the talk- here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.