main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Post-CIV Chat and Detox Center

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Bith_Lord, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Hey all, just got back from the wacky weekend that was C4: ear blasting jet packs, IHOP dinners, much laughter, t-shirts being swung over the head, and so much more.

Let's use this thread for everyone to post their experiences and also for any people who stopped by our table who want to say hi.

2. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I thought what happend at CIV stayed at CIV?
    *puts shirt back on*

I had sooo much fun, and going over the pictures I have they don't nearly cover the experiance.

3. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Rogue 5 & 26 reporting back to home base safe and sound. Leia was right behind us so should be arriving home shortly and Jedidoria beat us all with her 9:00 departure time. CaeliRose will be home tomorrow. so will have to keep and eye out. Hawkie is still out there somewhere and we are waiting to hear that she has landed safely. :)

That is okay, Marric. We don't need pictures to remember our fun times. Guess Bith missed the disclaimer of what happens there stays there. :) But you do know you will eventually have to do an instant replay of the shirt incident to bring everyone up to speed. :) Glad you made it back okay.

4. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    All in all, I had a good time, but I chalk it up to you guys being along for the ride.

Going as a group was probably the best thing about it for me. That and Max getting tons of photo ops.

I don't think that C4 had the excitment that C3 did. Obviously C3 had the extra oomph due to the impending Episode 3, but 30 years of Star Wars isn't anything to sneeze at, and I just felt that this time there seemed a lot of going through the motions. The opening ceremonies pretty much summed up this lack of goodwill with bizarre speeches by a bunch of bureaucrats who wouldn't know a landspeeder from landfill, commercials for products, the parade of stars with an announcer who couldn't get people's names right, the George fandango puppet etc. etc. etc.

I got more fun out of going out to meals and working the booth with you guys. That to me was the real celebration.

5. R2-Tattoo

R2-Tattoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    It was sweet. All I can say is wowwwwwww. I enjoyed getting to know all of you better. Star Wars is a fantastic sextuplet of celluloid, however it is the constant intertwining of lives that I am thankful to George for.
    I can honestly say that I would not have changed one thing about C4, except for the jetpack incident.

6. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Ugh...my flight was way late, and I didn't get in until after 11:30 last night. With the ride home, it was about 1am when I finally climbed into my own bed. To say I had a good time would be an understatement. You are the neatest group of people, and I'm so glad I got to share the CIV experience with you. Now we are all deaf together!

Once I'm functioning at a little higher level, I'll post again...:)

On a side note...Gerri's car broke down and they are stuck there for another day...

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Rogue 3 landed safe and sound last night at about 8 pm. I did get hit by another car as I was trying to get onto the 110 in LA. Nothing major, I and my vehicle are okay, but the stupid girl was trying to turn the wrong way onto a one-way street and then decided to back up and hit me before I could reverse. *sigh*

More stories from the Hawk later! It's good to be home.

8. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah, it's sort of a sense I've been having about the franchise in general. I mean, we've "filled in the map" as it were - there isn't much else to explore in the Star Wars universe that's going to have amazing, enormous stakes. We know what has to happen in the current I-VI era. I don't know how much the OLD "Old Republic" era might do for you guys, but while it's interesting it hasn't created an overwhelming emotional investment for me. As for the future Legacy series, while the novels dealing with the Skywalker clan have been good, the actually Dark Horse comics series dealing with the 140 years post-ROTJ universe haven't been too compelling. I saw the trailer for the CG clone wars. I really like the art direction, but nothing has gotten my blood pumping. Nothing really has piqued my interest. Oh well. I guess that's what you guys are for! :) (EDIT: to pique my interest!)

-TJ

9. CaeliRose

CaeliRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2005
    I'm home! Yay! so...tir..ed...must...find bed...blehhhhhhhhhhh8-}

*snores* You know you will miss my wall shaking snoring Tara!!!
    [face_laugh]

10. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    You know, dear Roomie, there will be a lot of things from CIV I will miss...A LOT...but your room rattling death-noise will not be one of them. Tell your hubby that the secret C3PO cure may help him tune you out. I certainly know it helped me from hearing you on a couple of nights...;)

11. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    I'll be getting my photos printed this week, so if anyone wants a CD let me know. I'll keep off all of my personal cheesy photos of me standing in front of the Mustafar backdrops and the such, and just print the group photos and the other stuff going on at the con. Shoot me a PM...I'll probably get them tomorrow or Thursday.

12. CaeliRose

Sep 5, 2005
    I love that! I think that is what I will refer to it from now on! I-)

13. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I woke up this morning and thought, it's so quiet...and so boring...nothing to look forward to! It is good to get back home and rest my feet. I had a fun time (except for the infamous jet-pack incident) and it was great to spend it with a fabulous group of people! :)

I look forward to seeing everyone's pictures and I'll try to get some of mine posted.

Has Boba gotten in to all his toys yet? I haven't even started. I still have a big mess on my floor.

It's always fun to check e-bay for Celebration stuff. Those collecting panel medallions are already going for a lot of money.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It was great meeting those of you that I saw!! [:D]

Thanks for the Ewok print!! I really love it!

When you guys get the Last Supper shirt orders going, let me know. I have a ton of people who want one. :D

I stole a stack of your guyses flyers to keep with me for Comic Con International in July. No point in me asking you guys to ship them to me when I can just carry them. ;)

Rock on guys! :D

15. CaeliRose

Sep 5, 2005

Not that I would sell it but I wonder what the offer would be for a 'Crew' badge! ha ha ha...I can't believe people are selling AND buying the FREE program and Official pix catalouges! ha ha ha

16. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Rogues 12, 13 & 25 have just reported in. They have arrived safe and sound after emergency car repairs that delayed their return to homebase. Sounds like they had quite an adventure but that the force was working for them even in the circumstances they found themselves. According to Aunt Beru, if they had to be in a bad situation, at least it was with the most right things that could happen. It happened prior to getting on the freeway or grapevine, close to a hotel, a great tow company, and a hotel that worked with them hour by hour on the check out. She sounded exhausted and was heading straight for bed but wanted all to know they arrived.

We have now all rogues accounted for. What a successful mission.

Great job, everyone, we couldn't have such a success without everyone's help,input and support. Even from you guys at home. :) What a group. I am so proud to be a part of the SVRF.

17. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I'm glad everyone is home safe now. I've added a few pics to photobucket.

18. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Well I'm glad you got home safe, Hawkie!

Getting hit by dumb/arrogant drivers on Los Angeles freeways, well that's Los Angeles for you. A little like Sac isn't it? LOL Now you know why I don't drive to/in either of the two! But L.A.'s a neat place anyway, especially for us film/sci fi geeks. :-B

I'm sorry I missed the event (C-IV) but I'm glad that you all had a great time!

--Jedi Dark Night

19. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    Now, now! Let's not make too much of a funeral out of the Star Wars franchise. They said the same thing about Star Trek back when the original series went off the air in the late '60s, but look where it's been up through today! And you definitely have a point, TJ about the group piquing your interests; that's what fandom is for, to keep a series such as Star Wars alive even if the films have stopped being produced. We just really don't know what the future may hold for Star Wars; besides a television series, someone may, perhaps even Uncle George himself, make a whole new set of films. I'm actually looking forward to the future of Star Wars. For all we know, it may only be the beginning. :)

--Jedi Dark Night

20. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    Sounds like Aunt Beru's clan got a little stranded somewhere near Calinga. That was precisely where I and my clan--consisting of my parents, my kid brother, and two of my mom's brothers--got stranded one hot simmering summer after noon when I was only a wee 5 years old, just three years prior to the release of the first Star Wars; so we definitely weren't going to a Star Wars event back then; we were actually going to Uncle Walt's rather than Uncle George's; in other words, we were on our way to Disneyland, when the car got stranded in that semidesert land. (I think that ground be cursed![face_skull] Be hoo hoo hoo ha haaaa!

But seriously, great to hear that Aunt Beru and her family got back safely.

--Jedi Dark Night

21. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    I posted some more pics in the CIV file of our past events. They make me smile real big -- like this: :D!

22. CaeliRose

Sep 5, 2005
    And where is it that these pictures may be viewed? :confused:

23. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    in the past events section on the main page.

In the R2 mailbox pic my head looks like Yoda. I'm hoping all of your pics are better than mine, for some reason mine came out blurry at their natural sizes but look fine mini on the camera. My boss printed out all my pics for me, so I will bring them to the meeting.

24. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Oh, come on, Marric, there are no Yoda's here. We are the finest looking SW group around!:cool:

Are ALL of your pictures blurry? Even the Amy Allen one? I'm sure you can still see your big grin, blurry or not!

I hope everyone brings along their pics to the meeting. I'm interested in seeing them all.

25. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006

It is probably because the eyes were blurry then also. :) I have some like that from the party night. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.