Phx Post Con! Pictures...stories...adventures!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    So here we go!

I have got the disk of our shots. I am going to have Moe put them in his web-space so we can link them to share with everyone...

I hope everyone had a GREAT time!!

edit: too darn tired to formulate sentences
  2. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Well, ComicCon got mentioned several times during the Diamondbacks games over the weekend, so you guys made quite an impression over there :).
  3. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    I think we made an impression on a lot of people. Driving to Con Saturday... 2001 Silver Celica...full of all kinds of Sith!!!!

The scary part... FYI...Next year that stadium will be complete downtown...I hope the schedulers get together with Con. Can you imagine the nightmare of a baseball game and the convention going on at the same time... shudders to think about the parking
  4. DarkSiderSteve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Con was freakin awesome! I didnt get a whole lotta pics but I'll post what I have tomorrow. Cant wait to see everyone elses.

Thanks for puttin me up for a few nights Sistine. You and Cyrstal made excellent Emp's hands. [face_devil]
  5. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    con was very, very cool. i have lots of video footage (not very good, though) of stan lee, rob zombie, the mark hamill panel, haunted mansion, lotr, kevin smith, etc, but i don't really know how to get it on my computer. :\ i'll try to figure it out tonight, because i'm convinced i have everything i need to do it.

i have six rolls of film that i'll take to be developed probably tomorrow. not all of it is con though (blast disneyland for looking so cool), and most of it is from inside the panels and not around con. but i'll link to it once it's online. whenever that'll be. :)
  6. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    Had lots o fun.. you guys all rock!
    umm.. my cam ERASED ALL the pics i took.. grrr...
    but was still awesome!
    :)
  7. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    heres a good story.. im sure if i dont post it.. someone else will.

On the way home a few hours ago. i was gettin out of voids car to get a drink at a gas station around yuma..
    the seat belt decided to eat me... i got STUCK in the damn seat belt.. i had put the shoulder strap part behind me.. and then tried to undo the latchy part.. but it then tightened and trapped my head and arms behind it.. i was stuck for about 2 min.. scary!!!
  8. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    MMMMMmmmmmmmmm Tasty Feldman!

Shame on Void's Car!

Glad you guys made it home safe!
  10. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    OMG CON ROCKED!!!! I can't wait to put my pictures up (well all but one) ;) I had sooooo much fun meeting the rest of you. Too cool. Why does Phoenix have to be so far away?!?! :( Excellent costumes! Wish I could have seen all of them though, I missed a few of you. I definately want to see pics of Kristy, Brandy, Mo, Jess & Sarah, & Christian from Sat. That and somebody better dig up some Halloween pics after I heard how great the Spike costume was. Huge Buffy fan that I am, I have to see that.

Jess and Sarah- you were SOOO right. I spent the last half of con running around to every booth I had missed and getting it all on tape, etc. It was soooo fun! It's much easier to do it when you can pick where you want to go. ;) I even managed to snag a few LOTR things that they were "out of" before. I got a Two Towers mini poster, a pin, bookmarks, that wizard wanted shirt, etc. I did manage to make one of the LOTR fan club staffers feel bad for me for missing that packet of stuff at the panel. She gave me the magazine and her pin. Such a sweetheart! Oh and the view askew booth ROCKED! I'm so glad we hit that before you left. You have no idea how jealous my brother was of the Jay & Silent Bob blueprints from Mallrats and the "Yes, I assure you we're open" sign! But he did like the Buddy Jesus card I got him :p OOH and I forgot, I found the BEST Legolas poster in the LOTR section. Full body shot in his cute little outfit. :p Maybe if you ever come visit me you can see my LOTR shrine. (I have both his dolls, and yes I opened them to play with them). And let me know when you develop the Disney pics!

Feldman-Looked for Luke, but sorry, didn't see him :( I did finally make it to his booth though and I snagged a pin. Couldn't find the Star Wars poster I missed or the Angel poster though. :( I did snag some cool DC comics ones and a cool Smallville one. Guess I'll have to hit ebay for the Luke Lightsaber poster. Next year, I'm hitting the booths everyday. I missed a lot of crap this time.

And remember: what happens at Con, stays at Con. Or is that what happens at Mo's and Brandy's, stays at Mo's & Brandy's. ;)

11. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    Or is that what happens at Mo's and Brandy's, stays at Mo's & Brandy's.

Um sir....I have a concern... :confused:
  12. Palies Jedi Padawan

Another Successful Comic-con!!!

It was awesome seeing everyone who came to visit 'sunny' San Diego. Getting to know Blackfeather was a treat. He's a good drinking buddy too.

Comic-con is like having an annual family reunion! Hope to see everyone again next year and hopefully in between as well.
  13. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    It was fun.. except for getting cut off 6 people in front of me in the Mark Hamill auto line...grr...
    damn amgelina jolie.. her little fan riot ruined my meeting of luke

sadness.. :(
  14. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So, did you or didn't you get him to sign your anatomy?
  15. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    hmmm.. anatomy huh? did i ever say he was gonna sign my anatomy?
    hmm....
  16. mrbunny666 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I had such a fantastic time!

I almost wish I had a crappy time.
    At least then I wouldnt feel so bad today returning to work.
    Hehehehe

Thanks to everybody!
    Especially BalckFeather!
  17. DarkSiderSteve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here's a quick page I threw together with some SDCC pics. There's some good ones. I didnt get any of Feldman's Luke,IA's Thrawn, or me and Moe which ticks me off. So if you have some (or any pics at all) please post 'em! Also wanted those 501st pics too. Void: I seem to recall you seeing you there for that... [face_plain]

Enjoy
    Con pics
  18. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I got to hug him. And get a picture with him :p I got Luke's sweat rubbed off on my face. :D But no signing of the Star Wars. :( Oh well, next time Feldman. We'll wrangle him. We'll hold him down and FORCE him to sign stuff. ;) :p
  19. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    Im with ya your worshipfullness
  20. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh and nice pics steve!

way cool! love the ones of you fightin wolvie
  21. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Damn! I can't believe I missed that Wolverine! Grrr!
  22. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    FELDMAN

At Void's party you said you were going to have Mark Hamill sign your arm and then have tatooed.
  23. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  24. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Awesome Pix! And even better costume!! :D
  25. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok.. i remember.. i woulda but never got him to sign anything :(
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.