main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Post Galactica Depression

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Edric-The-White, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    Gang,

I am sooooooo sad that Galactica is over. It was nice watching the finale among pals, but it is still sad.

What was nice about this show was that, like Babylon 5, it never had the number of fans as Star Wars or Trek. But it had a good "famlily" feel to it. Dysfunctional, yes, but we were a family.

Now, the big question, what will be the next sci fi show with a small but loyal following that creates such a mistique. The new Trek movie will be big, but it is a franchise so that does not count. I want to know what the next little show that could will be that creates such an aura that even the pizza delivery guy knows what is going on.

Thoughts,

Steve

PS to counteract my depression, I've been doing 4-6 miles of cardio several times a week and doing Karate. What is everyone else doing?

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Reading the latest Acts of Caine book that I bought in October and never got round to reading because I wanted to read the first two again.

Generally reading :p

3. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    I'm just moping. And rewatching the entire series.

4. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Beyond B-star-G...

Well folks the darkly revised version of B-star-G (2003-2009) has come to a close in televised format. But I strongly believe that Dynamite Entetainment Publishing will be allowed to do comic book stories that follow-up the events seen in Daybreak Part 2.

But what about the next big sci-fi show? Is it out there already or is it still yet to be discovered?

Current crop of shows hoping to take the empty throne...

1. Kings
    2. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    3. Dollhouse
    4. Lost
    5. Heroes
    6. The Clone Wars
    7. Fringe

(am I forgetting anybody?)

Future hopefuls...

1. Virtaulity
    2. Caprica
    3. Revolution
    4. Stargate:Universe
    5. V

(am I forgetting anybody?)

Personal suggestions...

1. Space:1999 (reboot like the new version of BSG)
    2. The Last Starfighter (reboot for a TV series)
    3. Logan's Run (no not based on the 70s version - complete reboot)

I think the new version of V has the most potential. If it is a complete reboot that takes itself seriously and plays heavy on social-political subtext then it could be the next B-star-G. The classic V used the rise of the Nazi regime as a model. Revolution is my next pick. Revolution is described as 'HBO/Sowtime's John Adams meets Babylon 5 meets Dune'. Essentially it is a story about colonial terraformers that unite against a tyranical Earth. It models itself on both the American and French Revolutions. So my money is on V and Revolution.

5. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
  6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    [face_laugh] I LOVED that one!

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I was doing pretty well, and I'm still very satisfied, but then I had this dream where Anders and Kara were still around so now I want to see more but there ISN'T ANY AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHH

8. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I am watching Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles and loving it.

When I heard that Brian Austin Green was in it I lmao that the guy from 90210
    was playing a resistance member but I have to say this show has COMPLETELY changed
    my perception of him. He def adds a lot to the show.

This show def is for Terminator fans.

9. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    :mad::mad::mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.