main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Post Grape & Wine Parade Thank-You and wrap-up

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Just wanted to say, ?thank-you? to everyone that came out today.

Deb and I took the rest of the food and $260 over to the shelter after we closed up the hall. The donation came at a very good time too. When Deb went into the shelter there was a new resident that was just checking in and the food was a warming gift for her first night. The Shelter Nurse was shocked to see the amount of the donation and was happy to see the meat donation due to them being without any at that time.

I?d also like to thank Bryce and his family for joining us this year (Bryce was the young Jawa). We hope you will join us for future events and we were sorry that you could not stay longer for some of the games we played later in the afternoon.

Regardless of how the Parade Official react to us this year, I just wanted to let everyone know how pleased I was with this year?s entry. We could not have been better, and I am proud of our efforts and outcome.

I hope that everyone made it home alright, hope everyone sleeps well and the blisters heal.

2. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Thank you for posting this Chris, reading that definately made my day :)

3. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    How absolutely amazing is that?!?! Wow!

Thanks Chris and Debby for all of the organization and work that the two of you put into this event! I definitely had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed seeing everyone, and it was fun to have Debby and Sam in the same room again. You two are hilarious!

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I was so glad to read that the food and donation was so well received. That's just great!

~Doc_Bev

5. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    and thankyou everyone for hosting this wonderful event this year.

the trip is always worth it.

6. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Thank you Chris and Debbie... I know it is a lot of hard work and planning to do this... and it is SO appreciated... my family had an amazing time... and we always love to come out for it...

Everyone looked great... there can't possibly be a reason to not let us march again... however, I have my doubts about that stupid train that kept making us stop... lol

7. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Hey... this was the first year I noticed TV camera's... did anything make it to the screen?

8. TC-5986

TC-5986 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    There are cameras every year, I dunno if we made it on the local channel, some years they've cleverly lingered on the units ahead or behind us.

9. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    you guys were on channel 10

10. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    ooooo....I can die peacefully now. lol

11. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    it's be cool if someone could perhaps tape it, or get a copy of it... perhaps post it up... (at least out part)... I know the Brampton Ch10 plays the parades over and over and over...

12. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    I take it no one could tape it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.