main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC post itt if u ignore the instructions on the laundry detergent & use way too much of it in the wash

Discussion in 'Community' started by hudzu, Nov 15, 2016.

1. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    i do. obviously. since i started the thread and all.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I think it's been about 25 years since I've done laundry. I don't really remember how.

3. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Don't worry, fellah, that's what all guys do. Reading instructions - like asking for directions - is defeatist.

Master_Lok and Ender Sai like this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Does it count if I wish I did, and mostly just want to encourage these threads because they offend Wocky's sensibilities?

Though to be fair, Wocky boasted of victimising the working class, so his morality is a terrible and fluid thing.

5. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    so why did you post in this thread. the instructions were clear. this isn't vietnam (or a laundry detergent bottle). there are rules, dammit.

and i'm still waiting to find out if wocky has ever purposely misgendered me.

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The fact he won't admit his failing is the very picture of dishonour.

Bed-sleeping, bottled-water-drinking dishonour.

slightly_unhinged likes this.
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i definitely ignore instructions, but i think i actually use too little. i am frugal.

8. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    tom if you use too much your laundry will smell like laundry detergent, which is a plus if you like the smell of laundry detergent. but if you don't you should probably keep using too little.

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't like it. i always get the unscented kind.

CT-867-5309 and Ender Sai like this.
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The other day I put washing on, and had to leave before it was gone. I was out for longer than intended and by the time I got back it had that awful damp smell so I had to re-wash it.

11. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    this is a fantastic, important discussion. with all thats happened lately, this sort of discourse is more important than ever

CT-867-5309, tom and Ender Sai like this.
  12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I also had to wash a pair of jeans so they'd dry overnight and I could wear them to work on the Friday (it's a casual Friday thing).

As they spun through the cycle, I'd periodically hear the button atop the fly pinging into the sidewall of the machine.

No more accurate and fitting a metaphor for this time and place exists, in all of recorded human history. That solitary "plink, plink, plink..." - the pathos was so real.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    As cheap as detergents are getting (quality wise), I'm surprised too much can still be a thing.

Sauntaero likes this.
  14. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Too much detergent will ruin your clothing. You don't need that much anyway. The recommended amount is way over what is necessary to clean the clothing, they only recommend that much so they can sell more detergent. You should be using as little as half of the recommended amount.

15. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    ender you remind me of the time i went to put a load in the dryer. i was looking forward to pulling them out, fresh and still warm. putting the sheets back on my bed and falling into their melting embrace. i was so sure of myself. so ready to be there in my bed that i had overlooked one important detail. the unknown pen. it had crept in and made its presence overwhelmingly known, ruining my chance to revel in the womb of my serta. instead i found myself set back. my sheets were forever tainted. all i could do was go purchase new ones and resolve that next time i would pay more attention when beginning the cycle. it was the only way to change. the only way to make a future where i could sleep in warmth and comfort.

16. thestartrader

thestartrader Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    *raises hand*

I just eyeball it and I'm pretty darn sure I always use too much. =/

17. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    You bought all new sheets because of a pen stain?

18. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I have an interval timer that's been through about 12 wash cycles (I have a habit of just throwing gym kit from bag to washing machine without paying due care and attention to interval timer extraction). It's needed a new battery each time but the tough little bugger's still working.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hudzu over compensates, Tom stinks, a star war is cynical and stinks, Leona is a grumpy old lady, Ken is Trump Lite, Ender bedazzles his jeans and is forgetful, Wocky is a disgrace and slightly unhinged smells like a chemist's lab, with a dash of Lilac.

This may be the most informative thread on here.

20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I read the instructions once - they were pretty racist

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    tbf the only way any of us could really be sure we used too much is if our washer overflowed and soap bubbles engulfed our house mr. mom style.

22. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    #lifegoals

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    When I was new to the dishwasher, I did put dish soap into it. Chaos ensued.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The physical damage might be minor, but the emotional damage is everlasting.

Or, if the house was engulfed in Michael Keatons, Multiplicity style?

25. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003

i've heard the same said about being friends with you

CT-867-5309 and Ender Sai like this.