main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post JK: JA Story in Pre-Production--desiring Editor!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JediMasterBranondias, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterBranondias

JediMasterBranondias Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2003
    Okay, I have a few questions to throw out and would greatly appreciate everyone's comments, ideas, and/or support--then I'll get on with my request.

First of all, ever since completing JK: JA following the dark path and seeing the ending I have wanted to make a story following from there. I also wanted to spice things up by giving the reader's an active involvment in the story progression. So I wanted to have it follow a sort-of "Choose Your Own Adventure" styling like a one "ScoobyDooku" did with an Ep.3 scriptment. You know, where I write a segment and then finish w/ 3 possible choices that would direct the storyline in various directions. Would this be possible? If it is what would be your opinion on how I should go about that process (I was thinking of creating a corresponding thread here where the voting would take place.)

I was also wondering if such a story had already been done in the fanfiction threads. If not, what would be a good title for such a fic (I was thinking...JK: Jedi Traitor.}

Now for my request: The writing process is a ardous and timely process. With work and other responsibilities it is not always easy for me to find time to spend on critiquing my writing in-depthly. Therefore I am looking for an editor of sorts that will commit to reading of over and editing as they see need (whether it be grammar or pacing and the like) before it is posted on the forums.

Also a writer that knows well the storyline of JK: JA and has proven themselves respectable authors to help w/ the writing load would be terrific!

If you feel you meet such standards and would be willing and like to be involved I would be most grateful.

I cannot wait to hear your comments on these matters. Writing is my passion and I look forward to start work on my first fic in the forums.

-JMB-

2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Welcome, JMB. What you're looking for is a "beta reader," which is what we call editors around here. If you look in the sticky thread marked "Forum Index" at the top of this page, there are a bunch of links to threads where you can request beta readers. Also, if you're planning to stick around, you might want to go into "Adopt a Newbie" thread. That's where newcomers and oldtimers connect. You should tell people what types of stories you like to write (action, romance, humor), and what time frame it's set in (Prequel era, NJO, etc.) so that people know what kind of a beta you're looking for.

I think there have been a few people who tried the "Choose your own adventure" format. It's actually pretty hard to write, so it's not widespread. Good luck.

I'll lock, since I think you'll get more response in one of those forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.