Post like ben_ethus

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by greencat336, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Greeting blokes,

Fluke suggested, in another thread, that it would be amusing to start a post like ben_ethus thread. After all, ben_ethus has a most unique posting style. I was intrigued by the idea and asked ben_ethus if he would mind if we started such a thread.

ben_ethus gave his permission, and thus, this thread was born.

Subject of discussion is open, however, it must be done in the posting style of our own ben_ethus.

Starting the posting,
    Yours truly,

Greencat336
  2. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Greetings blokes,

I've always been impressed by ben_ethus' singular posting style - it's quite original.

Nifty thread idea,
    Yours Truly

~Doc_Bev

3. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Greetings blokes,

This should be a fun thread.

Thinks this thread will be fun.
    Yours Truly,

Fluke
  4. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes

I, too think this is a fun idea. I'm glad ben_ethus is OK with it. Perhaps it can be another random thought thread.

Likes random thoughts
    Yours truly
  5. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

How could I not be OK with it, it's like the ultimate form of flattery! Or something.

Yeah.

I, too, believe this thread will be amusing.

Hoping the thread doesn't wither away into abandon (because he's a raging narcissist),
    Yours Truly
  6. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Found this link that ben_ethus might like.

LINK

Hopes you enjoy the link, if it is what I think it is,
    Yours Truly
  7. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

So Brian, why ben_ehus? How did you choose that name?

Always wanted to ask you that,
    Yours truly
  8. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Fluke... Trust me, I've been counting down the days until that thing gets released. I revile the idea of GameTap, so I'm waiting until TellTale releases it to the masses on November 1st. As soon as that day arrives, I'll be pre-ordering all the episodes in advance. :D

Bonnie... ben_ethus = Ben + Ethus, which are names for fictional characters that I created many moons ago who generally pop up in any creative endeavor I embark upon. (The link in my signature goes to an example of such.) It was the very first handle I created when first getting an email account, and I've just held on to it all these years because the play on words amuses me. :)

Posting like myself,
    Yours Truly
  9. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Greetings blokes,

The Forfeit Zero comic is most amusing and I can strongly recommend it. As ben_ethus mentioned, the link to it is in his very own signature.

As my DVD and VCR both died an untimely death with a few weeks of each other (sweet, really, that they were so devoted to each other that one could not stand to exist without the other) I finally ventured out to get a replacement. Although there had been disparaging comments made about DVD-VCR combos, that is what I purchased. Further, it has the added bonus feature of being able to record DVDs.

I also purchased three new DVDs, to play on my new DVD/VCR. Shaun of the Dead, Mallrats, and the anniversery edition of Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail. Classics, all.

Off to watch Shaun battle Zombies,
    Yours truly,

Greencat
  10. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Greetings blokes.

Maybe this should be a thread in which we ask questions of the user above you or any other user...especially ben_ethus, since I know near to nothing about him. That said, is it true you're getting married ben_ethus? When's the big day?!

For user above me: I love Shaun of the Dead. There's no "i" in team, but there's an "i" in "pie" :D Can you dub your old VHS tapes onto DVD with your new fancy shmancy device?

Trying to keep thread going whilst getting to know more about quiet, elusive ben_ethus,

Yours Truly,
    TRADMIC
  11. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

TRADMIC... Yup, that's true. No date set yet, as we're still trying to figure out what we want to do. Won't be for a while yet, though.

Shaun of the Dead = awesome.

Viva la zombies,
    Yours Truly

P.S. Yes, I realize how ironic that sign-off is... ;)
  12. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

It would be interesting to learn how everyone came up with their user names. I think mine is pretty obvious.

Short, red hair; Bonnie + Mon Mothma = BonMothma

I only use it here and in my home e-mail address. I use some form of Bonnie_Half-Elven everywhere else.

Likes creative user names,
    Yours truly
  13. Earthbound_Misfit Jedi Knight

star 1
    Greetings, blokes.

Heres what I get when I put a typical ben_ethus post thru the anagram server...

Yours truly
    Earthbound_Misfit ("Niftier_Badmouths")
  14. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Greetings, blokes.

The anagrams were most amusing. Although it is not a stretch of the imagination to think of ben_ethus actually saying "P.S. Yes, I realize how a coffin incites riot..."

What shall we say of the elusive ben_ethus? The apartment he lived in several years ago was flooded out and a nifty Star Wars Video store display was tragically ruined. He is familiar with many strange, not mainstream films. He likes They Might Be Giants. He also likes Stateless. He served as President of the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh prior to our current president. He has a sharp and wicked sense of humor. He and Stateless are characters in the massive SW AU, slicers and information brokers.

As to the question of the origins of screen names, alas, mine is not a very exciting story to tell. My favorite color is green. My favorite (real) critter is a cat. My house number is 336. To further the unoriginality, I am Greencat336 just about everywhere I go on the internet.

Contemplating the mystery of ben_ethus and screen names,

Yours truly,

Greencat
  15. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Greetings blokes!

This thread is becoming highly informative! Alas, my user name is but my last name tacked onto my first [face_plain] I have also used Michedian, names of characters I've created, holiday and other sock account names like Tax_EVader (I'll use it around April...lol) and Grinchy Penguin, etc.

I like They May Be Giants too. Occasionally they do shows at Mr. Smalls, which is a 10 minute walk from my house. :)

Elusive ben_ethus: what are some of your hobbies and what is your favorite food?

Helping to dissipate the elusiveness of Master ben_ethus,
    Yours Truly

LOL
  16. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Favorite foods are pretty easy: Ice cream and pretzels, I'd be inclined to say, to the surprise of nobody, I'm sure. ;)

Best soft pretzel I've ever had was in "Germany" at Disney's Epcot Center in Florida. I need to get back down there sometime to get another one. SO good.

Hobbies include reading, writing, movies, and games; specifically, board games, at present. I'm pretty much a nerd. :D

Hooray for nerdism,
    Yours Truly

17. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Wow, what a silly thread! It popped into my head this morning that I hadn't been here in a while and when I finally show up, there is a tribute to my very own ben_ethus. :)

There's not much of a story to my user name... Stateless is the name of a song by U2, my favorite band. It never occurred to me until much later (when it was pointed out to me by people on this board) that stateless also referred to Washington DC (where I lived at the time). Clever, yes. Intentional, not so much.

Has a state now,
    Yours Truly
  18. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Greetings, blokes.

Even-more-elusive stateless: So you were elsewhere AND elusive? :eek: :D :-B Your Star Wars hook up with ben_ethus is so sweetly nerdtastic. Now that you have a state, do you like it here better?

Trying to make the elusives not so elusive,

Yours Truly

LOL
  19. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

"Nerdtastic" - great word. I need to remember that one.

Makes a mental note,
    Yours truly
  20. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

I do like it here better for the most part. It's nice not sitting in traffic jams everywhere and paying less for things. :) And there aren't nearly as many insane drivers here as in DC.

Still not sure about the "Pittsburgh left",
    Yours Truly
  21. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    Greetings, Blokes!

Haven't posted in a while, going to buy baking stuff soon...glad it's the weekend! And I'm gonna watch Pirates of the Carribean 2 tonight!

Wishes she had a Pirate costume
    Yours Truly,

Jedigirl!
  22. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

I've never heard of the "Pittsburgh Left" so I did a quick wikipedia search. I didn't realize that was a Pittsburgh thing, but what do I know?

Sometimes takes the "Pittsburgh Left" when in a hurry, but it requires some skill and cunning,
    Yours Truely
  23. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

My former padawan is a baking geek. I love it!

Full time job + part time job + part time school = no time for baking. My dad does the Christmas baking! Yeah, my dad - and he's pretty good at it.

So what happens to the first person who forgets to post like ben_ethus in this thread?

Almost forgot to post like ben_ethus,
    Yours Truly
  24. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Greetings, blokes.

I believe that the first person to post in the Post like ben_ethus thread who fails to post like ben_ethus should be mocked by all, for many years to come.

Another Halloween has come and gone. This is truly a wonderful holiday. Despite the rain pouring down, more than one hundred kids came up my steps to get their free candy. I assume most were in costume, but for many it was difficult to tell under coats and umbrellas. No matter, as long as I got a "Trick or Treat" I was well satisfied and cheerfully gave the little (and not so little) beggers their candy.

I can't wait for next year.

Off to eat some leftover candy,
    Yours truly

Greencat336
  25. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

I agree with greencat about the multi-year mocking.

Hopes he doesn't slip up before anyone else,
    Yours truly
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.