main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Post like ben_ethus

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

I also had fun giving out candy to the little and not-so-little. One of the last guys who came to my door was drinking coffee as he trick-or-treated. I had about 115 this year - a record low number since I've lived here.

Saw several vampires and witches,
    Yours truly

2. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Greeetings Blokes,

Didn't go out this Halloween, much to rainy and gross, didn't even dress up!! I went to the Mercyhurst Hockey game on saturday night and saw some awesome costumes there including fully painted Ninja Turtles, some men in black, some men in drag, and a Steve Irwin (with attachable sting ray) but then realized that I still have my friends movie that she brought over to my house LAST YEAR after we had the Halloween party at my house....also, I have only one full week of classes before finals, and only 2 classes that week since my writing teacher wanted to stop early.
    ALSO, was highly impressed by this week's episode of Lost, I adore that show very much!

this post was much longer then expected
    Yours Truely,

Jedigirl

P.S. Apparently I gave back my friends movie while we were still in school...yet i still do have my other friends Zelda game from almost TWO years ago!

3. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Remind me to never let Jedigirl borrow anything...

Just kidding,
    Yours Truly

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Borat say this thread "Very Nice!"
    [image=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6086/boratpd4.jpg]

Agrees with Borat,
    Yours Truly

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, Blokes.

A student directed me to this very dark and twisted tale John Dies at the End. I've only started reading it and it is most entertaining, in a morbid and bizarre way. I recommend that folks take a look.

Returning to reading,
    Yours Truly,

Greencat

6. ArgonVesher

ArgonVesher Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2002
    Greetings, Blokes.

It has been ages since I visited the forum here, much less posted anything. It's good to see that the unique styles of a certain person are being utilized for everyone's enjoyment. Perhaps we can figure out a style for everyone here that is unique to them.
    My username comes from the books I write and has been my username since I first got online. The books got started with a dream I had back in 9th grade and now I'm working on my 7th novel, hoping to get the 1st published mid next year. Don't expect much though, it is only science fiction/fantasy, no one likes that anymore.
    Oh, was Darth Vader for halloween for my church, we do a harvest party for the kids every year. And every year, more money goes to my costume. Boy does it sound good.

Still watches Red Dwarf and listens to TMBG
    Yours Truly,

Argon Vesher

7. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

I've had to change the battery on my insulin pump twice in the last week. It ususlly only needs changing about every two months.

I have a bad feeling about this.

A ramdom thought, but I put it here 'cause I wanted to.

Enjoys posting like ben_ethus,
    Yours Truly

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I agree, Bonnie. Having to change the batteries that often in such a short time does not bode well. Hope that you figure out the difficulty and its an easy fix.

On a completely different topic, I was checking to see what Qui items there were currently on ebay. Although it wasn't the first time I had this thought, it still makes me smile a wicked smile every time I see "Loose Qui-Gon" up for sale on ebay.

Off to bid on a loose Qui-Gon,
    Yours truly

Greencat

9. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    Greetings, Blokes!

my mind is so full of information on lithics, remote sensing, excavation techniques and other crazy Archaeological-ness stuff, I think it may explode. I also found that I have a LOT of misspellings in my notes...

Should really be studying for her finals,
    Yours Truly,

Jedigirl

10. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, Blokes.

I just finished watching Dawn of the Dead (new version). At the end of the film I got the notion that those Zombie movies were really metaphors for humans constant struggle against death. Humans struggle to survive, and yet, in the end, we all die.

May be reading too much into B movies,

Yours Truly

Greencat

11. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

I went to see "Happy Feet" on Friday. Cute film. Target age group 6-10 I'd say. Younger than that, wait for the DVD. Some parts are scary and loud for the under 6 crowd & you can turn it down at home.

The most fun part was watching the kids dancing and jumping as they left the theatre.

Of course I really went because I wanted to see the Harry Potter teaser trailer!

Has achieved the ultimate in geekiness,
    Yours Truly

12. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I didn't realize they were teasing the new HP flick already. I'll have to scan the intranets to see if I can find it lurking somewhere.

Unfortunate that it was shown in front of Happy Feet. I find the idea of 'Happy Feet' an affront to all penguins everywhere.

My feet are not happy,
    Yours Truly

13. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

There are several bootleg copies on YouTube, which I can't access on this computer because it needs updates that I.T. doesn't think are priorities.

Why they think it's not important for me to be able to access Internet sites with free advertising I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that nothing work-related has free advertising...

I don't think WB will release the official one for awhile because they want people to go see "Happy Feet."

Sorry your feet are not happy,
    Yours Truly

14. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Found it on YouTube a little while ago.

Looks dark. Should be fun.

Hopefully watching Harry & Crew angst out is more fun to watch than to read. They become painfully teenager in that book... ;)

Hooray for bootlegs,
    Yours Truly

15. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

Actually, I enjoyed reading it as well. I read books 5 & 6 over the summer, but enjoyed 5 more since I hadn't been spoiled on every major plotline.

Hates spoilers,
    Yours Truly

16. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    Greetings, Blokes!

I'm going to see Happy Feet tonight and i am very, VERY excited! and not only for they Harry Potter trailer, which I've already seen, but because it looks super cute...but I am extremely excited for Harry Potter...and excited that I can squeal with happiness when it comes on and embarrass my cousin like i did for the ROTS trailer before Meet the Fockers, the Corpse Bride trailer before...i forget and the Goblet of Fire trailer too...I started re-reading book six, since I've only read it once...but then decided to read the book Eragon, since I had never read it, but bought the book when it first came out and since the movie is due to be out soon, i figure, why not?

very excited,
    Yours Truly

Jedigirl

17. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

More Harry Potter goodness.

Sneak peek at Harry Potter

A few spoilers if you haven't read the book.

Off to make a pie for tomorrow,
    Yours Truly

18. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, Blokes.

My mom has started reading the Harry Potter books and is very much enjoying them.

A few weeks ago, I took my oldest nephew to see the film Flushed Away and both of us were amused by it. I was slightly surprised that I was as entertained by it as I was, since the previews had not really appealed to me. I particularily enjoyed the singing slugs.

Likes musical monopods,

Yours Truly,

GC

19. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

I've tried to get my parents interested in the Harry Potter books, but it hasn't worked.

They like the movies, though.

Likes watching HP movies on my parents' big screen TV,
    Yours Truly

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, Blokes.

Although I liked the first few HP books, I lost interest in reading them when it seemed that the author was just trying to see how long she could get them and not worry about moving the plot along. Now, I don't read them, I just ask my middle sister for a summary (she listens to them on tape in the car. As a mom of 4 she has little time to read, but lots of time driving)

The movies are all right, but even just watching them one gets the sense that much has been left out.

I mention this, not to disparage HP, which I know many folks very much enjoy, but to just ramble on about my own perspective on it.

Despite it all, curious about Snape's motives,

Yours Truly,

GC

21. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

While I can understand your frustration with the length of the books, obviously, your converse opinion of the films shows that the length of the books is necessary to a point, because things in the film are not properly explained. In other cases, the books develop the rest of the characters, who are neglected in the films. OOTP is the longest book, so I'm curious as to what will be left out of this film.

In delving deeper into HP forums and the theories bouncing around there, I've found that often a seemingly unnecessary passage may contain a vital clue for something later.

Also looking forward to finding the truth about Snape,
    Yours Truly

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, Blokes.

While getting a gift for my mother for Christmas, I came across a book that was called something along the lines of The Mysteries of Harry Potter. It went through the first four books, pointing out all the passages that were foreshadowing or contained important plot points. There was sequel that was all about book five.

Since I was at the bookstore, I finally bought the book "How to Survive the Robot Uprising." Oddly, it was in the Science section. No kidding. With the engineering books. Hmmmm. Perhaps this book should be taking more seriously than I thought.

On another topic, after being dreadfully sick all weekend, I am feeling better. Ever notice that the first day of feeling better after being sick, you feel extra wonderful? Like you suddenly have an amazing amount of energy? So that you way over do it, because you are really still just recovering, and so that evening you are exhausted.

No, me neither.

Cold medication is a good thing,

Yours truly,
    GC

23. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

I don't know about energy, but mood, yes. I find I'm almost giddy the day I really start feeling better. This happens more with things like migraines where I'm in so much pain, I can barely function, then I'm just so happy when it finally goes away.

Waiting for the migraine to go away once again,
    Yours Truly

24. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, Blokes.

The comic strip Boondocks, one of my personal favorites for its sharp biting wit and brutal comentary on American society, is currently in repeats. It has reached the point in the series written in 1999 dealing with the release of Episode I. I had been meaning to post the link to it before now.

Boondocks

If you go back several strips, you will reach the one with Huey writing George Lucas an email concerning the casting of Samuel L. Jackson as a Jedi.

Enjoys references to SW in pop culture,

Yours truly,

GC

25. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, Blokes.

In the spirit of the season, and because like me they can't resist the temptation to mock someone, Michelle and Jason gave me a life size plastic lobster. For those that don't know, I am very nervous about lobsters, since I know they are plotting to one day rise up and destroy us all. Pinchie went with us to the movies and out for snacks afterwards. He seemed well behaved, but I locked him in the trunk of my car, anyway.

Here is a link all about lobsters, including a very important section on how to kill a lobster. You will all thank me on the day the uprising comes.

Off to melt some butter,

Yours truly,

GC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.