main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Post like ben_ethus

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

I posted something in my Live Journal regarding forums and I thought I'd copy it here since I mentioned this one:

Happy New year everybody,
    Yours Truly

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, Blokes.

For a message board named after a tavern, they seem a bit uptight. Off topic comments often lead to interesting conversations, as those of us who play on this board well know.

Start a Harry Potter discussion thread on our board, Bonnie! There's lots of folks here that I'm sure would chat with you about it.

Sorry the HP folks were uptight,

Yours truly,

GC

3. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Greetings Blokes!

That sucks Bonnie! go to Mugglenet, I like that site better, though I've never really been on the forums there...My Harry Potter side has been really big lately. I got in an hour long Harry Potter discussion with my friend from school the first time I really talked to her (which was just this term and it turns out she lives right above me, worked at the museum the same time I did and lives right behind one of my real good friends) and I've been listening to the Harry Potter podcasts while trying to de-wallpaper my room....trying....

hates wallpaper,

yours truly,

jedigirl

4. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

Like I said, you can post any topic anywhere, so there are already three or four HP threads, including here, right?

Yes, their "wall of shame" is pretty funny. I may try their forums, I don't know. I may just stick with the main sites for real "news" and the essays and stay away from the forums with the fangirls and their off-the-wall predictions for book 7. The other forums I mentioned also have HP threads on them, though they're not as active.

Hates fangirls,
    Yours Truly

5. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, Blokes.

Fangirls? I thought we were fangirls. :confused: How are HP fangirls so annoying that you would want to avoid them.

I watched the Rose Bowl parade. Not only because I always love to watch the Rose Bowl floats (amazing what they can create) but also because this year had the two SW floats, the Imperial Officers Marching Band with Twiliek dancers, and the 501st, with George Himself as Grand Marshal. Very neat floats. One was Endor, the other Naboo, with the fan volunteers in costume walking beside them. Luminara and Bariss were on the float, next to one of the Amidalas.

Off to see if the floats are on YouTube yet,

Yours truly,

GC

6. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

I guess every forum has a different feel. The ones I'm usually on have NICE people on them. Some of these people on TLL are more than a bit rude and sometimes downright mean to each other. And like I said, some of the predictions and theories from the HP universe are so out there. I haven't been back except for the notices on the two topics I'm watching, and I haven't posted anything else. I've gone to lurking mode.

My mommy always said if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

My mommy is a wise woman,
    Yours Truly

7. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

For you Harry Potter fans not in the know already, the Harry Potter DVDs are disappearing off the face of the earth pretty soon, Disney-style. They're going in "the vault" and will be unavailable for purchase. No re-release date has been set. So, if you want any of them, now's the time...

http://www.hpana.com/news.19512.html

Thinks this is really lame,
    Yours Truly

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Argh. "The Vault"

[Angry rant about that ploy goes here]

Their just trying to make more money,
    Yours Truly

9. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

GOF has a later "pull date" than the other three.

Supposedly, this is because they will come out with a HD version and didn't want the original version on the shelves confusing things.

After all the confusion with the multiple versions of GOF - one disc, two discs - I think it's a good idea.

Thinks DVD shopping is confusing enough,
    Yours Truly

10. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm just glad I found out when I did. I wanted to score GoF, and if I had waited much longer, I would have been hosed. As it stands, I managed to score the last "good" version from Target. (Good = widescreen.) Everything else was janky full-screen. *blech*

Hates full-screen,
    Yours Truly

11. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

Had to post in this thread on this official "Post Like ben_ethus Day"

Happy Birthday,
    Yours Truly

12. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Greetings, blokes.

I think we should stop glorifying Ben_ethus by posting in his style, because, and I'm not sure if you're all aware of this, but ben_ethus is mean.

just,wow

how cruel.

what. a. jerk. :p

btw, Tina's not so nice herself

Thinks we have some evil members...and that i really need to get back to work,

Yours truly
    TRADMIC

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I knew it.

Suspucians confirmed,
    Yours Truely

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001

Greetings, blokes.

But that's why I like him.

Wondering how TRAMIC got ahold of Tina and Obi's 'private time' pics,

Yours truly
    GC

15. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

o_O

Thinks TRADMIC has too much time on her hands,
    Yours Truly

16. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Well... duh.

[face_devil]

Found the pictures amusing,
    Yours Truly

17. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Greetings, blokes

I had no idea ben_ethus was so mean to Jocasta Nu of all people...

What a guy... [face_love]

Hates that cranky librarian,
    Yours Truly

18. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Greetings, blokes

Well, Duh :p

I'm getting my paperwork at the end of this week, so I'll be back to work Friday! Of course you realize this leaves me with a few more days in which I may have time to chop some more pics.:D

Had much fun picking on the Epic Duels champs. Hopefully now Dan sees the relative advantages of losing.

Who's next? [face_batting]

Making my own fun as always,

Yours truly

TRADMIC

:)

19. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Greetings blokes,

That's a wonderful pic of me :)

wonders how tradmic got into mine and obi's secret photo album,
    Yours truly

20. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Greetings blokes!

Has anyone noticed that ben_ethus and stateless seem to have vanished from existence?

Calls for a search party,

Yours Truly,
    TRADMIC

21. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

We're still here. :)

Is still here,
    Yours Truly

22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I wonder when a new Forfeit Zero comic will be posted by ben_ethus on that keenspace link.

Pondering Quietly,
    Yours Truly

23. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

You'll be pondering a while, Fluke. :p

Will be surprised if a new comic ever gets posted,
    Yours Truly

24. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

I suppose other things may have taken priority.

Can't imagine what,
    Yours Truly

25. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, Blokes.

I agree, more of the Forfeit Zero comic would be a good thing. It was most amusing.

On a different topic, some of you know I spent the last few days getting ready for and having various unpleasant medical tests done to me. On Weds, after not being allowed anything to eat or drink for 6 hours, my stomach was poked hard enough during the ultrasound that I was almost ready to reveal the location of the hidden rebel base. Thursday was no eating and only 'clear liquids' and getting ready for Friday's endoscope and colonscopy. Ever have a very nasty tummy bug? That's how I spent Thursday. On Friday, nothing to eat or drink until after the procedure, which wasn't until 1:30 in the afternoon. On the way home from the procedure (which was, as many had told me, not nearly as horrible as getting ready for it) we got stuck in the traffic jam that resulted from the complete inability of most Pittsburghers to drive in the snow. A trip that should have taken no more than 45 minutes took nearly 2 1/2 hours (although I slept through most of it, after throwing up in the car.) All in all, not how I ever want to spend a couple of days, ever again.

It was discovered that I had a hiatal hernia. A perscription for Nexium was given. Hopefully that is my only problem and my doctor will stop making noises about my gall bladder. If modern chemistry does its thing, with the Nexium I will once more be able to eat like a middle class American and not like a Barvarian peasant (bread and cheese).

Relieved to finally have it over with,

Yours truly
    Greencat336

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.