main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post-Meeting Summary

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by FaceLoran, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    For those of you who weren't there, and also for those of you who couldn't hear everything, I'll try to summarize what was discussed at yesterday's meeting.

First, I'd like to thank everyone who made it. This group is getting larger all the time, which is why one of the topics of discussion was moving our next meeting, which I believe is set for Aug. 17th. We're outgrowing even the expanded Wizard's Asylum. Possible locations mentioned were the city library by Woodland Hills mall (where the very 1st meeting was held way back in April) and Top Deck, on 31st and Sheridan. General consensus was for the library. If anyone else has any ideas, please speak up.

Secondly, BDK informed us that the Plano Expo in August will feature Carrie Fisher, and also ideas were discussed about contacting the DFW FanForce about working with them on a booth/table. Also, we brought up plans for the Plano show in October. We talked about possibly making a short jaunt to Six Flags after the Expo.

Mike1 also brought a couple guys (I can't remember their names) who are making a short fan film and asked for some help from the group with some costumes and warm bodies. Talk to BDK for more details on that.

"The Director" updated us mere mortals (j/k ED! [face_mischief] :D) on the status of The Lesson. Without going into too much detail, the people who currently need the script have it, and props are under construction. Filming is tentatively planned for August (I think).

We also mentioned fund-raising for Celebration 3 and Brent made the excellent point that since we are definitely NOT non-profit, we really can't do anything as a group to raise money without the government getting their unfair share.

Lastly, the elections took place. I was chosen City Rep. in the time-honored tradition of Rock-Paper-Scissors. Seriously. [face_mischief] Also, the council members were elected and are, in no particular order: Mike2-D2, Gary and Ed.

After the meeting, those of us without lives (again, j/k!) journeyed to LaserQuest for a trio of games. Personally, I had a great time, as I believe everyone who went also did. I probably shouldn't say this, but I spotted Otto and Lisa alone in the south passage. She expressed her true feelings for him.... and I don't know how that boy walked out of that maze alive! *ducks under the crossfire* [face_mischief] I definitely liked Otto's idea though (if it wasn't Otto's idea, don't kill me). He suggested that for next time, we reserve the maze to ourselves and have teams.

After the firefight, we caught Mr. Deeds and Reign of Fire at the drive-in, and, let me tell ya, I never heard two men laugh as long or as hard as BDK and Otto did. BDK got started about a particulary funny moment in Mr. Deeds and he and Otto just fueled each other's laughter for at least 5 minutes! [face_laugh] I was sitting right between them, and I was hard-pressed to keep from laughing myself too much. I think Mike1 about passed out from lack of oxygen!

Anyway, I think that's about it. This turned into an epic. Well, if I did forget anything or if you want to add something, and I know you will, [face_mischief] go right ahead!

2. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    If I'm not mistaken, I think you left out yourself and Lisa as being on the council. They said something about a five member council, and I thought that you two were included.

No big deal just thought I'd add that. :)

Paul

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Yes, in the timed honored political form of Government, Paper-Rock-Scorors best two out of three. Billy won and i'm glad he did. (plans for a smear campain are under way hehe JK)

Over all this was one of the best gathering, although i still have a blister on my trigger finger from all the shooting, it hurts real good.

I'm not sure Dena and I will make the aug 17th meeting though since we already promised friends we would do something with them that exact day and have already blown them off once.

4. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Paul,
    Do you still have copies of us on the news? I never did get to see it, and I still have people at work coming up to me and telling me they did and I would love to see. Also Mike1 I want to see the UNP tape as well. If you don't have time, then get the info to us and we can see what we can do to get it! Yes, just like Mike2-D2 said we had already promised our friends last week that we would go out with them Aug 17th and we blew them off last time.

5. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    yes I have a copy...I just forgot to bring it tho the meeting.

6. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    The total council is 5 members. Billy by way of being the new FF rep. Lisa by way of being the treasurer and then Gary, Mike, and myself by election :) Just to clarify that little tidbit for folks.

also the Rock/Paper/Scissors match went into overtime to decide the third win. Was very exciting for all who were in attendance. The suspense built to a fever pitch before Billy overcame the odds to defeat Mike. However I am not sure of the true outcome as the ending was obscured from my view. So it may all have been rigged!! hehehehehe j/k

7. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    Congrats and condolences to all those who got put in office. Is the August 17th date for the meeting a set in stone date? I like the idea for the library.

8. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    What happened to the plans to build the Jake Brown / Mike Kelley Memorial? I was thinking about a small statue (150') that would depict Mike and I in all our glory (and let me tell you, it's a whole lot of glory) surrounded by Night Trips dancers dressed as Slave Leia, Arena Padme, and the backup singers from Jabba's palace in ROTJ:SE. You can even throw in an Oola, but not the gross chick with the 8 hooters. It could be placed on Riverside Drive with all those other statues. Mike and I could have our own plaza! Yeah!

It's the Man Show!

9. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    to words... cost prohibitive...

It was discussed...well...it was thought about...well okay only you thought about it we never even considered it...but had we considered even for a moment it would have been seen that it was cost prohibitive....unless of course we made the whole thing from oh say....styrofoam peanuts...then maybe...but we would have had to melt them to mold them and burnt styrofoam really doesn;t smell to good and that would have been bad....so...well..plans were scrapped...so sorry..thanks..drive thru :)

10. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Jake, I am starting to think you are a troll! Or you miss us soooooo much, you can't stay away. BTW, isn't a memorial for someone who has died? When the two of you kick the bucket, we might consider it. hehehe!

Yes, Otto is lucky he is alive. [face_devil] Next time, I won't be so nice. I think Otto has learned his lesson. We will see. All and all, I had a great time. Billy, you had better get on the ball making us a offical fanforce. :D

Ice Queen

11. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    No worries, Lisa. It's in the works.

12. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
  13. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
  14. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Lisa made a double post, Lisa made a double post! Nah Nah Nahhh nah!

15. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Oh bite me you little sh!t! I don't know what is going on, but the board is double posting most of my messages. There is another one on the "catch up" thread. Can I delet it some how?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.