main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

post NJO jacen/tenel ka fic. 'a new enemy'UPDATE 6/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by triggerfinger, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triggerfinger

triggerfinger Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    A NEW ENEMY

None of these characters are mine
    And I borrowed a few things from Halo.
    PG-13 (swearing and violence)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    chapter 1
    Jacen sat down at the table. He looked at the dish his mother had presented him. He grinned and began to eat. When he was finished he had to do the weapons diagnostics for his XJ X-wing. This was boring for him. It had gotten so repetitive over the last year, since the Yuuzhan Vong had been eradicated.

He proceeded down the hallway toward the hanger. ?Sup Jaina?? he asked his sister as she walked by him. ?Nothin? much.? She hesitated for a moment, ?Oh yeah, you?re needed in the hanger.? ?Lucky me, that?s just where I?m going,? He replied sarcastically.

When he reached the hangar, the faces were grim. They had surrounded an X-wing. When Jacen looked in his jaw dropped and his stomach flinched. There was blood all over the seat. The face on the body was mangled beyond recognition. But the thing that upset Jacen the most was the dogtags around the body?s neck.

?This tape was found in the console, it recorded the last seconds of his life.? A man said to him. ?How did this come back?? Jacen changed the subject. ?Autopilot.? The man replied. Let me see that tape. He put it in the player.

?come on men, we?re going in? ?aye, sir? ?lets go? Jacen fastfowarded ?sir there something in my sh- aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? ?what you?re breaking up aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh?

The screams at the end wer the most disturbing. ?what was it? jacen asked. ?that?s the scary part? the man replied. Jacen took another look at the dogtags. They said in clear letters, wedge Antilles rogue squadron

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    thats part 1 of chapter 1 there will be more soon, i hope.

2. triggerfinger

May 30, 2002
    sorry for the shortness part 2 will be much longer, i promise.

3. Hann315

Hann315 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    uh-oh. does this mean that Wedge is dead??

BTW, keep it up. I'd love to read more. Is this ur first fic?

~Luv Hann

4. triggerfinger

May 30, 2002
    1 yes wedge is dead
    2 no ive written a few vignettes before

ps im starting work on part 2 now

5. Hann315

Apr 7, 2002
    oh good.

~Luv Hann

6. triggerfinger

May 30, 2002
    heres part 2 of ch. 1 its a little longer than part 1.

PART 2 OF CHAPTER 1

Jacen ran as fast as he could. Wedge couldn?t have been dead. He was a hero. Had Jaina known? Why didn?t she tell him? Too many questions were going through his head. What happened to the Rogue Squadron? What could have entered their ships and torn them apart like that?

When Jacen found his parents? chamber he ran in. He tossed the dogtags to his dad. ?What?s this?? he asked. ?They were found on a mutilated body in an X-wing,? Jacen replied. ?So?? his father asked him. ?Read it.? Han dropped his cup of caf on the ground. ?No, it cant be! Wedge isn?t dead!? ?Go see for yourself.?

When Han arrived at the hangar, Wedges body was on a stretcher. ?We think we know what did this.? A paramedic said to him. ?What?? Han asked. ?A close relative to some insects on Dathomir, judging by the way the scratches are situated.? ?How can you tell?? ?You see this?? He said pointing at the scratches. ?The way the scratches are branching off in three directions set us off.? ?I see.? Han replied. ?But how did it get inside the ship, and why didn?t my wife sense his death in the force??? ?We have no idea.?

::ring, ring:: Jacen turned on the vid screen. Tenel Ka was facing him. ?Hey? He said to her. ?Hey? she replied. ?Wedge is dead.? He stated. Tenel Ka?s eyes filled with worry. ?How?? ?They don?t know yet.? He replied. ?Oh,? she trailed off, seemingly reflecting. ?Hello, are you there, Tenel Ka?? Jacen asked. ?Oh, yes. Sorry.? ?So what did you call me for, anyway?? ?I was going to let you know I was coming over for a time.? ?That?s great Tenel Ka, when?? ?In two days.? ?Great! I can?t wait!? ?Well, it is not all fun and games.? ?Why not?? Jacen said in a mock tone. ?Because I?m a queen now, hardly any vacations are for fun now.? ?Damn it!? Jacen said jokingly.

Jacen walked down the hallway toward the room of bioengineering to pick up a present for Tenel Ka. When he entered, the man in there said, ?Ah, master Solo, I have just what you want.?

Han was restless. He didn?t know what to think. His best friend was dead, Jacen?s best friend was on her way, and the new discovery of what killed Wedge made everything even more chaotic. It was similar to a Dathomirian insect and an Ysalamari. How strange. No wonder his wife couldn?t sense anything.

Jacen walked down the hallway with the ?present? in hand. This was a great gift for her. She needed one for quite a while now. He was so happy to give it to her.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    next chapter: Revelations

7. triggerfinger

May 30, 2002
  8. Hann315

Apr 7, 2002
    Cant wait 4 more!

~Luv Hann

9. toxikhiro

toxikhiro Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    Nooo!!!! Wedge--Dead?? *Sob*

That was good. I liked it. Keep it comin.

We few-replyers (I've only got four) have to support one-another. :)

10. triggerfinger

May 30, 2002
  11. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I told you I'd read it. Nice job. :)

- JMAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.