main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post NJO Series Ideas?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by LightJedi, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightJedi

LightJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    Personally, besides some of the tragic deaths, I believe the NJO series to possibly be the best out of the whole EU. So what are the authors thinking up next? The Dark Storm trilogy is next then an "unknown" 9 book series is listed. Hmmm.....They could expand the new jedi academy being built, bring more of the chiss into the EU or even take the adventure out of the galaxy maybe following the old Outbound Flight? Anyone have some ideas?

2. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Hey! The n00b stole my sig!

The Dark Storm trilogy is next

:rolleyes:

3. Blade_Of_Orchid

Blade_Of_Orchid Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    I'd like to see something that has NEVER been done before. I mean, we've seen our share of Old Imperials trying to bring them darn good guys down, as well as unknown alien groups with unknown technology and unknown powers.

I'd be cool to see something like a single book, or even trilogy, about a small Apprentice Revolt. I mean, two-hundred or so students at the Jedi Academy just get angry and revolt or something..

4. bob_siow

bob_siow Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2002
    I'd be cool to see something like a single book, or even trilogy, about a small Apprentice Revolt. I mean, two-hundred or so students at the Jedi Academy just get angry and revolt or something..
    that'd just be like a dark jedi academy... which has been done before. quite frankly i'm sick of the whole impressionable-young-jedi-treading-between-good-and-evil routine. it's boring and incredibly overdone.

5. LightJedi

LightJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    heh sorry bout stealing the sig didnt even know anyone else had it...huge kotor fan!

Yah they do need to branch off of the whole good and evil young jedi thing. maybe focusing more on the normal folks in the galaxy? i would like to see more about boba fett after that last surprise appearance

6. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    maybe a Mandalorian uprising?

Well, everyone saw how the New Republic fell apart when faced with the Vong... and the public is going to seriously dislike that. Would they really want the same people to remain in charge? The Hutts could push for power, or even Black Sun... anyway, some new faction could push for power, with the majority of the public's support.

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Forget the Jedi, forget the Imperials, forget the Republic.

Focus on the nobodies of the galaxy. That fisherman who picked up a rifle to protect his family and friends from the Yuuzhan Vong invasion or the wealthy, greedy businessman who found himself without money, in dirty rags, and in a refugee camp trying to survive by conning others and going through a crisis that causes an empathany[sp?] in him to help others instead of himself.

When was the last time that a nobody character received a huge fan base? Corran, Mara, Kyle, Karrde, etc were all nobody characters who were given a chance to save a world and later the galaxy. I think its time a new Original Character steps up to plate and join the ranks of favorite characters. Keep out the already established favorites.

8. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I'd like to see something new set in the Corporate Sector. The region has a lot of potential with it's reputation, relative mystery, and the fact that it stayed pretty untouched during the Vong invasion. Other than that, I'm just waiting to see what they pull out.

Oh, and I hope Jacen finally gets laid. What is he, 23? Poor guy.

9. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Maybe make an alien a main "good" character. Most of the heroes of the galaxy are humans, excepting Chewbacca, Lowbacca, Droma, and a few others. They are outnumbered by Luke, Mara, Leia, Han, Jaina, Zekk, Tenel Ka, Kyp, Corran, Miraz, Jag, just to name a few. And most of the aliens we read of are bounty hunters, crime lords, Imperial Grand Admirals (Thrawn), etc. More good aliens are needed!

Or maybe I've just forgotten a lot of the "good" aliens that are there. :p

10. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    I thought it was called Dark Nest?

Okay. Whatever.

I really want to see more of the Yuuzhan Vong. I've seen a Dramatis Personae for Joiner King and there's not a single Yuuzhie on it. >_< I want a series exclusively focusing on the Yuuzhan Vong. Please?????? [face_batting]

11. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    More Good Aliens: Yoda, Vergere, Nen Yim, Harrar... :D

12. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh, and I hope Jacen finally gets laid. What is he, 23? Poor guy.

No wonder the dude is so friggin uptight.

13. LightJedi

LightJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    I like the idea of starting a new "favorite" character, like someone we havent heard of. that would let the authors start with some thing fresh, and maybe even unknown to any other characters.

What about a new droid main character??? c3-po and r-2 have been the only main droid characters to be seen over and over!! why not introduce a badass, funny droid that actually shows up in more than just one book? :D

14. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    More Good Aliens: Yoda, Vergere, Nen Yim, Harrar...

Ah. I knew I was forgetting a lot of people. Including my username. That explains it. :D

I still think that there should be a book or series focusing on an average alien, though. And a book on the Yuuzhan Vong would be interesting as well.

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    How about doing a Dash Rendar trilogy. We know that he didn't really die in SOTE. Maybe we could have The Adventures of Dash Rendar, something sort of similar to The Adventures of Han Solo. A book about Yoda's people could be really cool too.

16. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    its Dark Nest not Dark Storm

17. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Fire: Exactly. :p

Is it just me, or does the Dark Nest plot sound painfully like the old Solo kids kidnapping theme once again?

18. LightJedi

LightJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    is that all the plot is??? if thats it then it might not be as good as i originally hoped (sp)

19. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Is there no such thing as an original idea anymore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.