Post NJO series

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's some news on the post NJO trilogy I found on tF.N

No one at ComicCon asked about the titles. Argh. And there I was, all set to spill it.....

The title to the trilogy is:

Star Wars: Dark Nest

The first book:

The Joiner King

Second:

The Unseen Queen

Third:

The Swarm War

As you can see, they're more on the fantasy side of Sci Fi. I like them. Okay, "Dark" is in there... but we left out "Shadow."

And yeah, Raynar is one of the main characters.

This sounds horrible. The first thing I thought of was the Ender series, which is great, but in the Star Wars Universe, especially after we just got done with the NJO? Come on, the last thing I was looking forward to was another dark and dreary series with a new bunch of aliens (which is only presumption from the titles). I think I'll be sticking with the Clone Wars stuff for now as it seems to be really good.

Just started Medstar 1: Battle Surgeons. I like it so far. It's a nice break from the mainstream characters, which I need before diving into Cestus Deception.

I don't understand why no one has written a Drizzt-like Jedi. That'd be sweet! :D
  2. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, those titles do sound rather Ender-esque.

Raynar?!?! Nothing good could possibly come of that. That's like writing a trilogy on Neville Longbottom. It would get very old very quick.

Sad. :(

In other news, I would like to announce to all that I have finished "The Final Prophecy" and am finally moving forward with (and enjoying) the NJO again. YAYYYYY!!!!!!!
  3. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well that's good! Have you started the Forgotten Realms stuff???
  4. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't bring it with me. I brought all of the books I started and then couldn't finish. I'm so proud because I am finally getting caught up in my reading!
  5. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's just been posted on tF.N that they have the three authors for this nine book series.

Why!!!!! No more long crappy things!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!
  6. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Nine books? Dang Martha.

This is one series I have no intention of getting into.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.