FF:SA post piccies of your costumes

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Nawara-Ven, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Those pics are soooo cool, and I just love seeing kids in costumes. They look so adorable! Your padme packing gown is excellent too happy How did you make the headpiece, and is that your real hair?

That headpiece was a nightmare. I got fake hair pieces and sticky backed felt I sat for hours sticking the hairs on Strand by strand until two sheets were covered. I then sewed them in half, stuffed them with wadding, Folded them again & sealed the ends (after shaping them) and then punching holes with a hole punch to put bobby pins through. I was then able to put my own hair in a small bun on the side of my head and attach them over the top.......nightmare. But they looked good!

My next project is a bit of a secret, started it last night...... but when I have something to show I may show it. ;)
  2. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    NV I could always use a servant girl for tournaments, carry my armour, my drink bottle, towel me when i'm wet *grins*

Ahhh would be nice to have someone like that.

hehe in all seriousness *looks all evil back thinking that I really need to find some evil as contact lenses*
  3. DarkDisciple Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well i can help you there Quinten Check out opsm's web site under contact lenses you will need top go into the order for page to check out the differnet types you will be looking at Crazy lenses they are about $75 dollars. you can get something called vampire red / werewolf and Cats eyes would probably pay to go down there and see what they look like.
  4. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    *grins* thank for the info, Already Covering it thou. Is the System Admin and Good Friends with the people that own and run Vision Center.

The contacts I am looking at getting are alittle more expensive but they cover the whites of your eyes. Of course the lense will be all black. I just need to justify 200 Aus
  5. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah, right - you wish Quinten!! I don't carry around stuff for no man!! (yeah, bad engabalish, but who cares? :) ) pfft...servant maid, my foot!! I'll have you know that it's Miss Wench to you, lad!! :D

Oh, I've forgotten who was asking about boots, but I was looking around window shopping on Ebay this morning, they have a lovely selection of boots for sale on there......

Oh, and contact lenses do not make one evil. Being evil comes from within.....that's why I wear normal contacts (okay, cos if I didn't I wouldn't be able to see). You shan't scare me!!

:D
  6. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    *looks innocently at NV* oh so it's a wentch you wanna be. alright M'lady, don't think you would like being one too terribly.

*looks at the wentch and smiles* The entire Board here would like a a stout mead. Go fetch :p

*laugh knowing that I'm gonna be in trouble on Saturday*
  7. DarkDisciple Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hey thanks Nv was me asking about the boots havent found any i like yet, so far its either $199 for a really cool pair of motorbike boots they look very Sithish! or its off to Bonnetts for a pair of riding boots for $159. like the first opion better ;) they look a lot better than the riding boots.

lol@Wench!
  8. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    ooh, ooh...motorbike boots! Arcticfox got some at a garage sale once for under $10 a while back. I love them, they fit me too, and I stole them for my Jedi in the Norwood pageant.

Go git yer own mead!! I'll just sit here with mine quite happily, thanks. I didn't mean a mead wench anyways.....hee hee...... :p

EDIT: be very, very careful Saturday Quinten.....you know I can be an evil B****h when I wanna be....... [face_devil]
    which reminds me...I must get a photo of me in my fairy costume from New Years...
  9. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    lol you evil? I don't believe it :p

As for boots, You could buy them or you can make them which really is a simple thing to do. Need about 30 dollars worth of leather and a bit of time.

Me... lol size 15 feet makes buying hard, and when I can buy there $100 plus. So making is easier

Motor bike boots rock, my pants I wear with armour as Motorbike leathers, has the padding in all the right spots :p
  10. Aiel Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm short, so I'm lucky I picked up a brown leather pair of boots from Mum's collection the sixties, they have a two inch heal. So I'm going to start working on a Jedi costume as soon as I get back, fun! I've never done one before and I think I'm going to make Nah one too. He's far too atached to his old Han Solo costume, it's scary.
  11. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks Quinten_JarVos! So it was you who was the black knight!

I'm not really much of a fan of metal armour, though I have a renewed appreciation for leather armour at the moment.

B5 is what got me into costuming in the first place. I wanted to be a ranger really badly. I'm working on improving my ranger costume, and I have the pin to wear with it too. The costumer's guild has an event in June called 'sci-fi tv series' which is a great chance to finish my costume! I also may be making a Star Riders Clan Warrior Caste costume for a friend of mine. I've always wanted to make it! I would also love to make a psi cop uniform, because it's so completely opposite to me... and because it's black, and if I try hard enough, maybe I can look menacing. I already have the pin and gloves :)

By the way, everyone is welcome to the event in june. The more, the merrier! We are probably going to go have dinner somewhere then head out to do laser force.

Nawara-Ven, my friend and I are organising the picnic, and the costumer's guild is going to advertise it through their newsletter for us. We know of quite a few people who will be interested in coming along. We also know of others who may be interested. So, feel free to spread the word. The only pre-requisite is to come in costume :) We already know of quite a few people with costumes, the key is to get them all in the same place at the same time. Besides, we need to do something now that there are no more films :)

... and your costumes are not bad. Gosh, they are gorgeous. I can't wait to see them in person.

I have a surprise planned for the next fair. Gotta try something new!

Adalia-Durron, well all that hard work was worth it because they look awesome. I love that costume, but I just don't have the hair for it. It's so frustrating! I have secret projects too, so I know what you mean. I can't wait to see what you are working on ... when you are ready to show us.

Quinten_JarVos, those lenses would be so handy.... (thinking B5)... lol I'm sure they'll look way cool.

I've been collecting boots for the last few years... lol

I love my jedi boots. I wore them today to work (casual day) underneath my jeans.. :)
  12. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Those boots are awesome!!!! Are they made for walking?!? :p
  13. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You betcha! They are most comfortable boots I have ever worn, and perfect for kicking sith butt! :D
  14. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Sorry Nawarra, you are NOT evil.
    You have empathy & compassion, definately NOT Sith traits. Maybe a dark streak within you would like to whoop some ass at times, but evil.... no.
    As for posting piccies of my Lard A$$ im my armour...
    hahahahahahahahahahaha.
    Might start a BIG diet & try to squeeze into it for ROTS premiere.
    As for kicking Sith butt ????? Hasn't happened yet, won't happen in the future.
  15. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    That'd be soo cool evil!! Shame I won't be here to see it!!!
  16. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    & i'll do my best to avoid all piccys.
  17. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As for kicking Sith butt ????? Hasn't happened yet, won't happen in the future.

Hey evil-incarnate, is that a challenge???

Speaking of costumes, I saw this on the news page. New SW costumes for toddlers and pets. Oh my, they are so funny! My fave is a tie between the yoda one for toddlers and the slave leia one for dogs!
  18. DarkDisciple Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well i finally brought a multi-tool on the weekend so lightsaber hilts ahoy! Now im just waiting till next payday to buy my bits and pieces :p will keep you posted on the progress. I've also found some pretty cool bits and pieces at various shops too :d If any one is interested in hilt making or would like a hand or Advice id love to help.
  19. Emm_Dee Jedi Padawan

Hey!

I've got a mate who is talking about getting SW stuff Tattooed on this chest, next time I see him i'll see what happening with that. And of course get photos and the like for you guys, he already has all the Futurama dude tatted on his leg.

ROCK ON! MD
  20. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I never challenge.......
    I mock.
    I win.

Ego is everything.
  21. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah, just like you won on Saturday night, huh, E-I???? :)

22. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is that your Ringwraith that's in some of the pics floating around the place?

yes it is i guess, there is one other person with a ringwraith costume but not sure if there are pics of him anywhere!!!!

But most of pics of stormies would be me.... I seem to be the only one still to be able to fit in mine or stupid ;) enough to bother wearing it....
  23. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Smart enough to wear it you mean, it's a chick magnet!!!
  24. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah right.... :D only problem is i cant wear it all the time :p

25. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.