main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Post ROTS short story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by man_de_lorian, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. man_de_lorian

man_de_lorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2004
    This is just an idea that came to me after reading the ROTS book. I'm not a writer so be gentle. It's just an idea that came quickly to me and I thought I'd jot it down. Now I'm sharing. Hope you enjoy.

The following is a holocron recording from Master Jenson Rider found at a destroyed campsite.
    Begin Recording:
    The majority of us fell on what they call ?Empire Day?. We were caught unawares, blind to the dark that was crowding in around us to spring a trap a thousand years in the making. It was a well conceived trap, well planned and well executed. Few of us survived, even fewer survive now. We happened to be en route to Coruscant when the beacon changed from ?come home? to ?flee and hide?. That beacon hasn?t changed. And now the Emperors new minion, Darth Vader, seeks us out and kills us off like animals. To that thing we are but a prize, much like our lightsabers were to Grievous. Only Vader keeps no trophy of his kills. Strange, I guess, when you think about it. Unlike Grievous this monster actually has the Force with him. Some whisper that he is a former Jedi, much like Dooku. I suppose the suit is to hide?coward. I can only guess that he doesn?t want people to know who he actually is and Palpatine doesn?t want anyone to know that his killer is actually a Jedi. All we hear now comes from the holonet and whatever sources we can scrounge. We are in hiding and have no contact whatsoever with anyone. We are outlaws. And as such we cannot risk contact with anyone. Our pilots are not Jedi, thankfully and have been loyal to us even now. Our troops however were not so loyal. Although we had all grown very close, we did what we had to survive and jettisoned their bodies on an asteroid. No attachments.

We?ve been hiding here for months. I forget how many. For all I know we are the last of the Jedi. For all I know we are the heirs to our legacy. The holonet has not reported on any new Jedi found. We?ve made no plans as of yet. It?s too early for that. Although at some point we?ll actually have make plans and move on. We?ve heard the patrols nearby and worry that they may someday find us. For now Jan and Dan?tko make the city runs for us as they are the easiest to pass for civilians on this world. But recently they have been stopped and questioned as to their destination and why the amount of supplies they carried. The clones are suspicious of them and it won?t be long before they find a reason to detain them.

We were on a mission, like any other, to stop the Seps when the retreat was sounded. We were confused as to why we were ordered to retreat but Master Trenner insisted that we must pull out now. An urging of the force he called it. We traveled back to Coruscant in two ships. Master Trenner traveled with 2 padawans and an entire battalion of clone troopers on a Battle Cruiser. We traveled in the lighter Correllian fighter with 20 Clone Troops, 1 ARC trooper, a crew of 6, 2 Jedi, 1 padawan and me. Master Trenner?s ship was destroyed as we were preparing for hyperspace. That?s when our clones turned on us. Our crew of 6 did nothing, they were in shock. 2 of them became casualties of ?friendly? fire. The other four pledged their support to us after the fight. My Padawan, Trina was injured in the fight that ensued. Chin?ta and Runée took minor hits but nothing life threatening. Jasser, Tory, Jan and Dan?tko were in the cockpit and were uninjured. Who knows, if they knew the life they were getting into they may have not pledged their support. We managed to take out the clones and Arc trooper after a battle that almost cost us the ship. We managed the crippled ship to a neutral planet and hid it amongst the mountains. We?ve been hiding here ever since. Two weeks ago Trina died from her injuries. Jasser was attacked by a wild animal shortly after land fall and died. We have since built a camp and managed to survive, but for how long is the question.

I record this holocron just in case something happens to us. Someone needs to know what has occurred. Perhaps any surviving Jedi can learn from our mistakes. We were un

2. Jedi_Linewalker

Jedi_Linewalker Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2005
    For one who says they're not a writer, you did a pretty good job of writing there. The first person point of view is effective. I liked it quite a bit

3. man_de_lorian

man_de_lorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2004
    Thanks Jedi_Linewalker :D

4. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    That was quite intense, especially towards the climax.

well done! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.