main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post SbS- Did Anakin have it right?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterAaron, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey everyone,

So what are your thoughts on this matter?

It's been expressed by several other individuals, that Jacen Solo's main purpose in the war against the YV is going to be to "decode" the YV and reconcile them within the Force. Clearly this is an extremely important task, and one that I believe Jacen is up to.

But my question is, did his little brother beat him to the punch? Had Anakin already discovered what Jacen is still struggling to find? In the end, will Jacen realize that Anakin was right, and come to the same conclusions that his younger brother did about the Force?

Clearly the youngest Solo has made some shattering breakthroughs in the Force, that none of the other Jedi have ever been able to duplicate, such as connecting with the lambent, AND being able to fully sense the YV at the end of SbS, which is the very thing that I think Jacen is struggling to reach. Trying to figure out why, if all life exists within the Force, the YV do not.

What do you guys think?

JMA

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Hmmm... you bring up some interesting questions. Please keep in mind when reading my responses that I'm an Anakin fan :).

"did his little brother beat him to the punch?"
    Yes.

"Had Anakin already discovered what Jacen is still struggling to find?"
    Yes.

"In the end, will Jacen realize that Anakin was right, and come to the same conclusions that his younger brother did about the Force? "
    God I hope so.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I believe that no one will ever discover the "truth" about the Force- they might come close, but it will never happen. It is not something that can be comprehended while one is alive. Not to turn this into a religious debate or anything, but in my mind this thing about the Force is comparable to finding out the "truth" about God. People can believe, but the truth can never be reached until one dies. So I believe that the only reason Anakin could sense the Vong so perfectly is because he was dying. For a moment, he was hanging between two worlds and thus was open to both of them. As for the lambent thing, I think it can be duplicated. Anakin just figured out how to do it first. So was Anakin right all along? Not really. He just was lucky (with the lambent), and then he was just dead. I don't think Jacen will figure it out either. I don't think the truth can be comprehended, but Jacen might come close.

4. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I agree with JAS on this one.

5. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Haha, that's two Anakin fans for, and one neutral.

JMA

6. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    NaboosPrincess, there is no luck -- only the Force. I'm pretty sure Anakin made an immense breakthrough in the understanding of the Force, but alas, died before fully developing it.

7. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Anakin may not have had it all right when he died but he seemed to be on a path to figuring something out. Now Jacen will most likely be the one to get on that path. How he gets there is still up in the air. Jacen may figure out what Anakin was on to on his own. It is also possible that a Vision of Anakin or Anakin's spirit may help to give him the answers. I Don't know if Anakin will be back Physically but he still may make a contribution to Jacen's efforts.

8. Master-Anakin-Solo

Master-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2002
    I agree with J_A_S :cool: , I mean he was getting there at least, 'casue it was the firts one that understtod that the YV were in the force also but they couldn't feel them because the Jedi are kind of tuned to a specific part of the Force,(I think that Tahiri explained a while a go this much better than me [face_blush] ) so he allowed himself to search for more parts of the Force, and he was able to make abreaktrogh by changin his filososfy of the Jedi, and honestly i don't know if jancen will be able to get as clos as Anakin did.

But I really think that he made a breaktrhough even though he still had a lot to do too get the truth of the Force, but it got a lot more closer than everone else.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But my question is, did his little brother beat him to the punch? Had Anakin already discovered what Jacen is still struggling to find? In the end, will Jacen realize that Anakin was right, and come to the same conclusions that his younger brother did about the Force?

Same disclaimer as others above -- Anakin fan, blah blah. Having said that though, I drastically disagree with those above. Anakin DID NOT discover what Jacen is still struggling to find. Anakin found ONE POSSIBLE method to accomplish that goal.

Various scenarios abound for Jedi upon any situation. If a Jedi needs to pass a lone guard at the end of the hall, how do they do it? Well... they could Affect Mind, Telekinetic Kill, Dull Senses, lightsaber him, or any number of other methods. Some more deadly than others. Anakin was a warrior, and thus used the Force like his lightsaber, his spaceships, or any other tool he used. You can smash a lock with a sledgehammer -- but it's far easier to know the combination.

I still tend to believe that we have not seen the end of Anakin Solo, so it's not determined whether Jacen will in fact become the link between the Vong and the Jedi. But were he to become so, I believe that Jacen's introspective nature is actually better suited for LONG-TERM understanding of the nature of the Vong within the Force, rather than Anakin's merely being able to sense them. Having a sense of a thing does not give understanding of a thing.

10. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I think Anakin touched around the edges of what Jacen will discover, but that?s as far as he got. Even when he repaired his lightsaber and was able to sense the Vong, my impression of his reaction was that he was more concerned with how it could be used than why it was so. He touched upon it, but went no further, and had no real desire to go further.

Rereading Balance Point and Star by Star, it occurred to me that Jacen?s battle with Tsavong Lah and Anakins last stand are surprisingly similar in one way. Both of them try to dip into the Force completely, to basically let the Force infuse them and go on autopilot. Jacen comes out of the experience feeling better than he?d been in a long time. Anakins cells exploded. It looks like they tried to do almost the exact same thing, and Anakin wasn?t able to handle it. If I?m right, and it was the same thing that they tried to do, I think that that is fairly empirical evidence that Anakin wasn?t as in tune with the Light Side of the Force as Jacen is.

11. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Gandalf, GREAT POINT.

Anakins discovery is much different then what Jacen is searching for. Anakin discovered HOW to sence the Vong. Jacen wants to discover WHY Anakin was able to sense the Vong and WHY noone else can.

The important differense is WHY and HOW.

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I agree with Gandolf. Anakin was on his way to discovering the way to deal with the Vong when he was cut down, but it will be Jacen who truly discovers how to stop them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.