main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you know where your information was you can try using the Wayback Machine to see if it's archived.

2. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Thanks

3. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Never mind. I'm an idiot.

4. NHB0M

NHB0M Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2016
    I can't access my Yahoo Mail account anymore. It's the one I use to log in this board.

I want to put my new email address in the contact detail but to do so, the board ask for my current password which I don't remember. So I'm caught in a loop here.

Is there a way to replace my email address without having to use my password?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you PM me both email addresses (old and new) I can change it for you. From there you can use the 'Forgot password' function with the new email address and update your details.

NHB0M and Sith-I-5 like this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Is there actually a way to go to your posts in a thread without having to create a separate search? I mean you can see your avatar over laying the thread creator's avatar, so the forum knows you posted in that thread, but it feels like clicking on this should automatically search that thread for your posts, but instead it just brings up your profile box, which is useless. Its a pain having to scroll through dozens of pages to see what your own post was in that thread when you can't remember.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If it's something fairly recent you can click on 'Recent Activity' on your profile box to see if it's there. Unfortunately the search function is still having issues due to the age of our software.

8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I have a mystery post that appears on my watched threads list but not in the thread where it's supposed to be. Specifically:
    Is there an explanation for this that doesn't involve digital ghosts?

EDIT: Now there's a double-post by BookExogorth and it all solved itself magically :)

BookExogorth and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There is a glitchy problem with end-of-page posts that sounds like what you're describing. I've had it happen if there is a double post at the end of the page and I remove one - they both go, but if another post is added one reappears.

Bardan_Jusik and Chyntuck like this.
  10. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I have an issue where when I go to post something, and then try to delete what I typed, sometimes the black typing cursor will move to the front of the word that I was deleting and will also sometimes merge the word that I'm trying to change and the word next to it together.

11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Shadowrain10 Do you switch between left-to-right and right-to-left scripts by any chance? I've had that happen to me a few times but I always blamed it on going back-and-forth between Arabic and other keyboards.

12. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I don't think I'm switching scripts. All I know is that sometimes when I stop typing to delete things it happens. But it doesn't always happen, I'm not sure what is triggering it.

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    Question: I’m attempting to use the float command to wrap text around an image but I’m failing at every turn. Can someone post or PM a working float bbcode?

14. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I’ve experienced a somewhat bizarre phenomenon for a while now that it seems my posts are limited to 5 likes. When a sixth like comes, one of the earlier ones vanishes.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yankee - can you link to an example?

16. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
  17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Have you clicked on "5 others like this"? Normally ony the last couple of likes show in thread.

18. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I've been having this off and on problem that occurs when right after I log in and click on a different page, I'm logged out.

Is this the right place to share this?

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yep.. have you tried ticking the 'Stay Logged In' box when you sign in? If you did and that hasn't worked, let us know what you are using to access the boards when this happens. (Device, operating system, browser).

BookExogorth likes this.
  20. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I'm on a smartphone, and I haven't noticed it on anything else I've used, but it happens occasionally. When it happens, it usually occurs several times. I'll try stay logged in, though.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't use a smartphone so it isn't anything I've seen. Anyone else who accesses the boards that way seen a similar issue?

22. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I'm quite unable to post to the Pro Wrestling discussion thread. Just tells me server timed out and whatnot.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There is a problem posting in long threads (which this one is). I will mention it in the Community Mods' thread in our mod forum. Keep trying though - I've had posts take a couple of shots to get there.

24. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Every night, right after midnight Pacific Time, I get a white screen with the message "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later" on it. This message lasts for 10-15 minutes, then the boards are working normally again. This has been going on for months at the very least.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You're running into the backup - it happens after the date roll program at midnight PT. The backup locks the SQL tables when it runs. I run into the problem here in the UK if I'm online at 8AM.