Post technical questions and issues here.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Sith-I-5 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    @jcgoble3 - I would posit the whole Boards.

A database error had occurred, was the error that I got.
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. V-2 Jedi Master

star 4
    The whole site was down for me about an hour or two ago.

Can't the usernotes data be copied into a spreadsheet and re-formatted to suit whatever new system you have in mind? Or failing that, can't it be copied with a pencil? I guess quite a lot of that data has to be quite old, is it worth keeping all of it anyway?
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Historical 'bad' user notes are taken into account if a user is banned.

The site was down when I came online at 9:15 AM UK time. I thought maybe the backup was late so I gave it about 25 minutes and then emailed the usual group. Coincidentally (or not) the Rebelscum forums were also down. I don't know what caused the outage as I didn't get a response to my email but both forum sites were back when I came online about 45 minutes ago.
  4. Ewok Poet Force Ghost

star 5
    Do those expire like they would on Invision? Say, after a year or two?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
  5. Chyntuck Force Ghost

star 5
    The boards were down for at least a couple of hours this morning (Eastern European Time). I don't know if they were down continuously, but every time I tried to open them between 10 and 12 (chiefly), they were down.
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    They don't expire - they are available for all mods to view. However we do take their age into account. If user A got banned for stuff, say five years ago, and he's been clean since, and he manages to get banned again we'd take that 'good' time into account in determining the length of his ban. However if we have a frequent flyer with notes going back many years and he gets banned again for a similar offense we'd probably be looking at either a lengthy ban or a permanent ban - depending on the transgressions.

Chyntuck - see my post above. It wasn't just you.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Nov 10, 2017
    Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Ewok Poet Force Ghost

star 5
    Thank you!

One more question, no matter how ridiculous: can people's known disabilities be added to these notes? Sure, we are all responsible for our behaviour, but sometimes, simple things can make us blow things out of proportion. :/

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
  8. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    If you (or another user) want something added to your notes drop one of us a PM about it. Any mod can add user notes to an account.

Edit - it might not excuse you from a ban but any information will be taken into account.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Nov 10, 2017
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Ewok Poet Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm pretty OK right now, but I had a long-ish WTF from mid-2015 to the end of 2016, only realised it recently. Will PM you. <3