main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I've had that happen in some of the longer threads. I just open another tab to that board and refresh til I see the thread I posted in is updated.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I recently started doing that too.

3. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Had some terrible problems accessing forum in last day or so - "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later" is all I have been getting when trying to get on.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We've all been getting it. It isn't just you.

Ender Sai likes this.
  5. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I thought The Last Jedi might have caused a million incensed voices to cry out in horror lolol

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's the problem - they overloaded our server..:p

Bob Effette likes this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you to everyone involved in stabilising the Boards.

V-2, Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and 2 others like this.
  8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    You spoke too soon and jinxed us. :p

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey - it's better than it was!

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Are you kidding? When he posted that, the boards were slow, but generally working. Since then, the boards went down for hours last night, and then have been unreliable so far this morning, being intermittently down and throwing all kinds of errors when trying to post.

11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you to everybody who works hard on this! It's appreciated and yeah, take all the time you need. :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    They were moving along pretty well when I posted that. My main issue at the moment is getting to individual boards. Opening threads seems to be OK.

13. Grahame

Grahame Former Server Admin star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    More drastic changes made, I'm really flying in unknown territory now but anything is better than these constant issues.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    True. You're going to lose me shortly, however, as I'll be heading off for the evening. I have to be up early tomorrow.

15. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    Thoughts on speed in the last hour??

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Last 2 days I was unable to get online from the evening before to mid-afternoon. As an example, first time yesterday was about 2 pm and today about 3 pm ET. Haven't had any double posts just nothing loads. Right now [face_shhh] everything seems to be working.

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    There's still some hang-up on occasion, but nothing like it was. It's been fairly smooth.

Then again, I don't want to jinx it... [face_worried]

18. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah I’m seeing the occasional hangs too, but I’m lothed to make other changes while it’s running so well otherwise.

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Heh...I think I may have spoke too soon. Just had a slow period with a 'Service Unavailable' error popping up twice. Was that due to more tweaks?

20. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    No, it's hitting a limit (I'm watching the log files) and while I can increase the limit, putting it too high runs the risk of running out of resources completely. I have a few other ideas I want to try.

21. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Pretty much had nothing but "service unavailable" since last night. Not much better today.

22. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    It's just so weird because right now, with nearly 1000 users active it's faster than it's been for the last * months (* since we moved to the new host).

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It's far better right now for me than it has been since at least one week prior to the release of TLJ.

This is very usable.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  24. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    It's definitely got a few hiccups in places, just random hangs that don't show up in any logs mostly when posting but just moving around the board seems so much better. It's progress, at least.

25. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I noticed that recently this site has consolidated several forums. I wonder if there is any index problem or such database tuning issue related to this change.