main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012

Is there any chance of changing the default font? This one has very loud vertical lines which makes it very hard to read for me. I also find the line spacing a bit ugly. Also what's the empty space on the left for?

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Just thought I'd let @LAJ_FETT, @JoinTheSchwarz or whoever will be handling this that ihatesandtoo DID register from the same IP as me, but is actually my mom. :) She's wanted to follow the board for a while. I am not going to have her vote in challenges, awards and other stuff like that, she probably won't venture into fanfic - but if she does, she remains neutral. She wants to keep up with the new stuff, the cute thread and a couple of other things. I'll most likely have her PMs disabled, too...because I don't even want to think about it.[face_liarliar]

And the birth date in her registration is correct. Not sure if she's setting some kind of a record on here, but I kind of hope so. :D

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    She's got me beat..
    I've approved her and I added a note to her ID that it's your mother, not a sock.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I bet she can be your mom, too. ;)

I think I did create a sock when I was super-paranoid and afraid of people back in '15, to use it in the foodie thread and a couple of other community threads only, but I can't remember the name for the life of me. If I ever do remember, I'll tell you. Also, you can delete the name I originally registered with - Baga - or ban it, whatever. Maybe somebody wants that name. :)

@Captain Rakkaus is me, but that's a legit sock for the OTP Thread. The birthdate, however, belongs to the user who originally created it - you're free to change it to mine, if that's required. There will be a "LGBTQ Sock" and an "Alien Sock" coming soon, but I'll let you know, plus the latter will be shared with somebody in USA.

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    This has probably been answered before, but is the number after your name the order that you were approved at and does it serve any other purpose?

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    By strange coincidence my full name is actually V-2.1376767.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes and yes, though more specifically it's the order you signed up, approval is something else. The number itself is your unique identifier within the system. As far as the site is concerned, you are 1241937. That's why it's so relatively easy for us to change usernames.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Huh that’s interesting.

9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Random pages on the boards are being very slow to load right now.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Question in the new posts section no posts from new films show up why is that?

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The forums might have been set up that way to avoid having people seeing spoilers. When you define a forum you can select if posts there appear in New Posts.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh thanks

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  13. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Hi, this may have been answered before but I haven't found the answer on recent pages. Anyway the question is why Tumblr links bring the whole page with images and everything instead of just a link to the site? I've noticed that when I paste the link onto the Forum Page and do preview, it isn't just the link but the whole damn Tumblr page and the link I posted changes into something [MEDIAwhatever]. Is there a way to stop that? Or is linking to Tumblr not allowed?

Thanks. :)

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  14. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    whenever I make a post in a thread and then go back later to make another post the previous post is still there in the window , not always but it does happen .

15. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Has there been any consideration of merging some of the forums in "Star Wars Films and Lucasfilm Projects"? I am on here quite regularly and it feels confusing. It feels like all unreleased wether they are Anthology, episode 9 or whatever should all be in one forum. Same goes for all released films. ...just my two-cents anyway. ;)

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Anyone else having tagging issues? I've been tagged in a couple of threads today (ones I usually post in), but didn't receive alerts for them.

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just had a bunch of the previous errors return from before the upgrade:

'504 Gateway Time-Out' and the dreaded, 'An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later.'

18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Same here. It's running fine right now, but it was happening for a few minutes a little while ago.

19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I got the 502 and 504 messages over the past half-hour or so, and of course the "unexpected error" one. #BlastFromThePast

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I had very transient loading issues between 1:30 and 2:30 Eastern Time but nothing since. And before that, smooth as silk.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I sent the SOS email when I started getting the Gateway errors. Philip Wise says the errors are due to similar issues with the hosting company that we experienced around Christmas. The Rebelscum site is also being affected.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Grahame

Grahame Former Server Admin star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Just FYI we're still seeing performance issues across all of the servers, and are actively working with the Vultr support staff to resolve ASAP.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks for the update, Grahame!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Wouldn't let me log in earlier. Nothing happened after I signed in; kept treating me as if I was logged out.

(password and username) were both correct.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    had the same thing. running chrome on windows if it matters.