main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Still not seeing it.

Who would I talk to about just getting the thing removed?

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The glitch concerning the alerts is really getting out of hand. Multiple alerts for the same thing, an alert sent a day later for a quote that had already sent out an alert the day before... it's madness. :p

3. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Eh, I thoroughly enjoyed logging in today and seeing 10 alerts for one post!

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I know some of my readers (I'm a fanfic writer) are not getting alerts when I tag them. Is this related to the alert problem?

I also heard there might be a limit to number of tags for post. Is this true? If so, how many tags can there be?

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Punctuation after a name when you're trying to tag it will negate the tag. So don't do Hazel, @newperson do Hazel @newperson without the comma in between.

If you're already aware of that then I think you can only tag 10 people in a post.

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    What horsey said. 10 is the max, even for admins.

There's a glitch with alerts for quoted messages happening when a user's post is edited. So until we figure out a fix, tell people to stop editing their posts so much. ;)

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
  8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I've tried, about ten times now, to make a post, and I keep getting an error... wont post at all. Here's the error...

Edit: I posted this fine... not sure what the issue is with the post I was trying to make. Are there certain types of posts that would cause an error... perhaps posts over a certain length? Dunno...

[​IMG]

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    New one on me. I don't think the Javascript console is in the Admin CP. If Grimby the Hutt can't access it he might have to ask Grahame.

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It's only doing that because there's something happening on the back end that's taking longer than normal to process. What thread is that?

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    A mod needs to edit your title for you.

12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    My shelf of shame game thread
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/shelf-of-shame.50003176/

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I take it others have been able to post there. It could be an issue with what you're trying to post. Can you PM me the post content?

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So I'm thinking we should have like, a contest. Take advantageous of this erratic edit alert snafu. We log how many times we get alerted by certain people. Because maaaan, am I getting ten thousand alerts from the same few individuals all the time. These fellows should be awarded for their OCD post-perfectionist behavior.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Not true. I received an alert for this post despite the comma immediately after my name.

16. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Good to know! Perhaps that was just a temp board glitch then.

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I got two notices for you quoting my post there, and you had no edits. :p

18. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Another thing here, possibly related: copying and pasting a list of tags from one post to another as rich text will make the tags not send out alerts on the new post because they are copied as [ URL] tags instead of [ USER] tags.

Grimby the Hutt likes this.
  19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Might be a good rule of thumb to manually type them out instead of copying from another post.

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Nevermind.

21. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    This issue have happened to me many times. Sometime when I responed to a thread, this message here: "The server did not respond in time. Please try again." will come up, and my post wouldn't be posted. Then I pressed "Post Reply" again, and when the post is posted, there is always two of the same post that I had post.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's always good to refresh the page first. Sometimes it'll post your post anyway, even if you get a message like that. Either way, refreshing will let you know if it was really successful or not.

23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Okey, I'll try that next time! Thanks!

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm getting an error in the JCC about not being able to post due to an error in JavaScript.

Edit: figured out part of the problem, I think. JavaScript apparently doesn't like it when you tag somebody on the boards.
    Edit the 2nd: Scrolling up this post, I can see it was the same JavaScript Error that harpuah was getting earlier in the week.

25. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    Hi! I have a similar styling problem someone mentioned on page one (#1).
    [​IMG]

Much more annoying is my second problem: The boards look "normal" when I come online (#2), but everything sort of jumps a second later and looks like this (#3). I keep ending up on the wrong boards because the "jump" makes me hit the wrong thread. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to change a setting?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]