main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Is there a way to delete posts on one's profile page?

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Any idea on when the duplicate alert issue will get sorted out? I just had nine alerts for my post being quoted by two different people. It showed two from one person and seven from the other. 8-}

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I got script errors with Win 7 (though so far, not with compatibility - that gives me different issues). IE9 - haven't tried other browsers yet.

As for collapsed forums, I get that after a computer shut down,

4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the thread for Defenders of the A&P Love Story :

The recent posts are showing up scattered throughout the pages, not in order of posting.

Is this because the thread must be restarted? Or another possible issue?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Thanks - I've reported the thread in MS and suggested that the forum mods lock it and start a new one.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    if you mean posts under the 'Profile Posts' section, it looks like admins can. Drop one of us a PM to let us know what to delete.

7. RedLord

RedLord Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 2000
    from time to time Posting is really difficult and slow

and the similarity between the posting zone and a post make me the posting is effective (but it is not actually complete) so my prose by my page change.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We've been having issues with server memory lately - that probably isn't helping. Grahame (server admin) is aware of the problem.

9. Master Kyp Durron

Master Kyp Durron Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2012
    While trying to change my signature, I got this message: Too many lines detected. You used 6 over a total of 5 allowed. Please shorten your lines and/or reduce the number of lines.

I only had four lines...

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Do you have an image as part of your sig? (The current style doesn't show them.)

11. Master Kyp Durron

Sep 11, 2012
    No, no images whatsoever. It was just four lines of text.

12. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    The following error occurred:

The server did not respond in time. Please try again.

Got this after several seconds of hitting "Post reply".

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I was getting that a bit yesterday trying to quote a user.

Kyp - on your sig question - it's possible the longer lines are wrapping to a new line and causing the overflow. That's the only thing I can think of.

14. Master Kyp Durron

Sep 11, 2012
    Which is odd, because not one of the lines I was trying to use were any longer than the ones I've got in it now.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I was thinking maybe the current top line was wrapping...

Are you trying to add to your current sig or post a new one?

16. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I can't even use my sig unless I put the second line of the Serenity dialogue at the end of other line as I have done, and it really irritates me.

17. Master Kyp Durron

Sep 11, 2012
    I was trying to replace my old three-line sig with a four-line one. But it didn't work, so I dropped my final quote to get this.

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd say it's wraparound issues - the detection field is notably smaller than the display field in that regard. My own sig has the same problem where it counts as five because of the length of the third line.

19. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I keep getting duplicate notifications AND repeat notifications. I.E I kept getting 'new' notifications for ones that were weeks old, being told it was only made moments ago. When I log in I also get my last set of notifications as 'new'.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Are these only for quote notifications? If so, I recommend disabling them, any fix will be a long time coming. If not, what browser are you running and have you tried clearing your cookies, cache, etc?

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Today, the boards have frozen several times when I tried to "like" a post, though it eventually worked after I refreshed the page 3 or 4 times in each case. Is it just me? It never happened before.

22. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Now, when I like posts, I get another alert saying that I was quoted...and clicking takes me to the post that I just liked. That makes three alerts for one quote in all.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I have an issue.

When are you guyses going to combine all those "Disney Buying Lucasfilm????" threads into one forum?

Oh, and when are you making the 7SA?

24. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    We'll probably have at least an Episode 7 forum - may not be a huge need for separate spoiler/non spoiler forums at this early stage.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh, and I also think we need a new Welcome forum for all the returning oldies. They seem lost. Like a WNU forum... only WOU.

And while I'm making suggestions, we also need a Starbucks guys. On the corner of every forum.