main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Have you updated your app recently?

2. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    What app? I mean the normal, webpage-accessed-by-computer version.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Can you post a link?

- Sent from my R2 unit

4. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
  5. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    That's a separate issue than the one being seen on the Tapatalk app.

6. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Ah, fair enough. From the sound of it I'd thought the glitch had somehow been resolved via the different way of accessing it.

7. pit droid 12345

pit droid 12345 Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2013
    I have a pit droid. This droid has a wrench in his hands.I have looked on the list of characters,in all the STARWARS movies.Theres seems to be a missing droid.I was hoping that someone could explain why i have a unknown droid in my possession hmmm.Thr droid is a pit droid by appearance,on a base plate and stands roughly 3 inches tall is a light brown an the wrench is part of his hand. in his other hand he is looking at a device. any info on this would be very much apprieciated ty

8. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Err...what?

9. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    pit droid 12345 has come into the possession of an unknown 3" tall pit droid. One of the droid's hands holds a wrench, and the other is used to hold a device he is looking at.

8-}

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Yes, I got that but this thread is supposed to be for forum issues...

11. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    ;) precisely, I was stating the obvious in a way that made the initial post a little less confusing.:p

further, pit droid 12345 appears to not be a legitimate user...

12. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    This is not the place for questions about action figures. Try one of these forums instead:
    http://boards.theforce.net/forums/collecting.10004/
    http://boards.theforce.net/forums/star-wars-community.10012/

13. pit droid 12345

pit droid 12345 Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2013
    ok then,sorry to be a trouble for asking a question. i was just asking for a little help.i would like to thank all who engaged in this problem of mine hmm.may the force be with you all .PEACE

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I thought that was a riddle which, if solved by us, would correct all glitches in our system. I had been using a cypher program for hours thinking I could save the boards and now it's only about an action figure...?!? [face_frustrated]

benknobi1 and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  15. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or if it's just me, but whenever I come to the JC, a pop window appears with an annoying ad video. In addition to that, certain words in posts appear as hyperlinks to more ads.

Going beyond the JC, every time I type in a search, I can see my results list--and then it suddenly drops below a long list of unrelated links. And at the bottom of my Chrome browser, ads intermittently appear. WTH.

I'm running spyware and virus checks regularly so it must be an issue with Google taking on a more aggressive ad campaign?

16. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    For awhile I had a weird 'drop out ad' thing going on when I moused over my avatar (on the main page...the big one). That went away when I reinstalled Firefox though, so I don't know if you have the same problem.

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    No, I haven't noticed that. But right now, posts in this thread contain certain words that are hyperlinks to more ads.

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Did that too for awhile. Also went away when I reinstalled, but you said you're using Chrome so...

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm not seeing anything like that in Firefox. I've asked the question in MS though. One thing you could try is clearing your cache (temp files) to see if that helps. I know we've had this in the past and I think it was user's PC-related rather than being a board problem. If anyone else is seeing this and they are using a browser other than Chrome please put details here.

20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I can verify that I don't see any of that going on using Chromium on Linux, which makes me think it may still be a malware issue, or just isolated to Windows.

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    There most certainly isn't anything related to this forum that should be adding ads of any kind.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Valyn - if you haven't done this already - I'd make sure your AV definitions are up-to-date and run a full AV sweep just to make sure.

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sounds like spyware.

24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yep, that's adware.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Or, it could be you're simply reading the overloaded sigs of half the noobs posting on here.

JoinTheSchwarz and Ramza like this.