main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Those are the kind of problems we like - the ones that fix themselves..

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Unless you make a fool of your self for it. :p

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Oh we've all done that at some point - I wouldn't worry about it.

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I think the avatar's would look better without it.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    What did you change? Every time I click on a song in the now various song threads my browser resets.

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Can you provide a link to one of them? To one of the threads I mean.

7. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Hi. I have noticed that LiveJournal has TFN's feed on its 'Jedi_News' community and that upon clicking the link there, what comes up is this, with the old 'Forums questions: who doesn't hate Jar Jar anymore?' which is now a dead link. This is a really minor quibble, so please don't waste resources on it, but I was wondering why it does that. Here it is:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Rumor_Episode_VII_To_Star_Palpatines_Disciple_150778.asp

and this is where it came from

http://jedi-news.livejournal.com/731671.html

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks for the links. Apparently that list of forum links has been there for a long time. It shows up on many of the article pages. It was sort of a custom widget that was created years ago by someone who is no longer a staff member. I did ask the TFN main staff about it a couple years ago, and they said they had no idea where the code for that widget lives, or how to go about editing it. Which is a shame, because none of those thread links even work anymore.

9. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I think this is the answer to my question and not anyone else's, so thanks for the swift reply. Good luck with all your hard work. I do hope there is a 'state of the Move' post at some point to satisfy us computer illiterates, so we may goggle at your Great Powers! @>@ = part of Leia's bikini

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    here

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    So I assume you're just trying to play one of the embedded youtube videos and your browser crashes? We didn't change anything, but I have seen that happen to me on other web sites. I'd recommend updating your flash player manually by going to http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I have a suggestion... if that fan force staff structure thread is going to remain up there in the header, it should probably be fixed and updated... it's a huge mess of broken mark up.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you mean the one in Rules & Announcements, it's been superseded by the 'Staff' page in the board header. It's to the right of the 'Rules of the JC'.

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Does it need to stay up there, then?

15. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    What are "colors"? I have been seeing lots of references on this board to colors, I can't figure that one out. I think it has something to do with winning games? What games?

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Can I delete my own PM myself? If I can, how do I do that?

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Go to your inbox and click on the small square next to the PM you want to delete. a rectangle will pop up. Click "leave this conversation." A window will pop up and ask if you want to accept new messages or not--click whichever one you want, then leave the conversation.

19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Okey, thank you. :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    'How to delete comments on my profile page' is my question.

21. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    You go to your profile page, and under every comments there is a delete button. Press that, and you'll delete the entire comment.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I see 'edit' and 'report' - these were originally statuses.

23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    On the right side of where the time is, there is the delete button.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    When someone commented on my status, there was a delete button - which worked - but on the old statuses there's just 'time edit report' and way to the right 'comment'[face_phbbbbt]

25. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    If the comments were written by you, then you can't delete it, but those that are written by others, you can delete it. At least I can do it on mine...

Iron_lord likes this.