main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah same here. It's not too bad though compared to a couple months ago.

2. narkwolf

narkwolf Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2013
    I was wondering why you guys don't add the feature that when ever somebody quotes your post you get a notification or an "alert" if you will. That helps a lot when talking to another member in a big thread and is also handy if you don't log on in 2 or 3 days.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    narkwolf here is a feature that alerts you. Go into your alert preferences, and check that you want to get the alert when you're quoted. Just mouse over your name, and a drop down menu will appear. You should also check out the welcome new users forum.

[​IMG]

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think the default setting for that was switched to "off" due to the hilarious annoying bug that nets you an alert every time someone does ANYTHING to a post you were quoted in.

5. narkwolf

narkwolf Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2013
    Whoa. I feel like a dweeb for saying this now. Oh well. Thanks man! This will really make my stay more enjoyable :)

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I kind of miss the days of getting 25 alerts because someone typed a space in a post in a thread that I posted in once.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

I tried switching from dark to light, and the system won't let me. I very much like the Carbon Chamber banner, but prefer the lighter style sheet.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Have you tried switching it via the button at the bottom of the screen? Looks like whatever you clicked redirects to an extremely dead link.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, that worked. Thanks, Ramza... I never noticed that option in the bottom left corner before.:oops:

:p

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm curious about that error you got, though - I think it might be tied to your username being colored even though the board doesn't permit you to color your username personally. That's speculation, mind.

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, how the heck did you get that error?

eht13 likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

That's how I originally tried to change the style sheet. Clicked on save, got the error message.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, it's the username CSS exceeding your allotted permissions level - just successfully replicated the screen with my test sock.

Edit: As for why you get that screen in particular, I suspect it's a remnant of the IGN import software.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Could be an old error message in the database as well..

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Username colors are technically a plugin written by IGN. That's probably why the error message is talking about IGN Prime.

It should at least say "JC Prime" if anything...

16. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Spoiler tag button? [face_praying]

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That could serve a higher purpose, actually. It's a bad scene when someone is actually attempting to put a massive spoiler in tags, but accidentally types the brackets or the word "spoiler" wrong... and the entire thread gets to read the spoiler completely by accident. Moving forward with all the new SW product that is inevitably coming, any step that could be taken to lessen accidents may be worth considering.

pronker, Juliet316 and benknobi1 like this.
  18. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Why could we as members change the style of the forum the way we wanted to be like we could do in the Temp Boards? In the Temp Boards, we could both change the colour and style. It will be nice if we can do it here too.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, the color change option is present, actually. As for the styles, the current one is the only style with an image in compliance with new guidelines regarding our banners. I believe the plan is to make a couple more styles available when those, too, are brought into compliance.

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    As was demonstrated multiple times on the temp boards, attempts to add a number of different banner styles to choose from resulted in the entire forums crashing.

The current plan is to add the banners a different way and allow each forum to choose it's own banner style, just like the old boards.

pronker likes this.
  21. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Very well.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    How do you tag people?

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  24. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Type the @ sign followed by the user's name. While you type, a box will pop up below your text with a list of possible users. Click on the user you are trying to tag.

Make sure it's the correct user though, as many users have very similar usernames. ;)

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Particularly those unimaginative users that begin their name with 'Darth'.