main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or do what I do and type [ user=1344280 ] Todd the Jedi [ /user ], without the spaces of course. Let's you customize the user's name. ;)

For lulz, I'll demonstrate. Great Hutt Overlord.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If you're typing into Tapatalk, you use the @ sign plus the user's name and once you post, it will show up as [user = 123456 ] NerdOfTheYear [ / user ] without the spaces and with "user" in all caps if you've done it correctly. If you haven't, it will just show up as the @ with the (incorrect) user's name.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    If you do it that way, the user may not get an alert for the tag. (I didn't get one for this.)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hm, it usually works when I do that, or when people tag me as Todd. Maybe you have to include at least part of the name. [face_dunno]

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    While we're on the subject of BBCode, you can actually avoid having to put in spaces by using the [plain]stuff with code[/plain] tag. For example:

Mere plain tag offset:
    [spoiler="No spoiler, None whatsoever"][b]BOLD [i]ITALIC [U]UNDERLINED[/u][/i][/b] TEXT[/spoiler]

Functioning code:
    BOLD ITALIC UNDERLINED TEXT

Plainception:
    [plain][spoiler="No spoiler, None whatsoever"][b]BOLD [i]ITALIC [U]UNDERLINED[/u][/i][/b] TEXT[/spoiler][/plain]

jcgoble3 and Grimby like this.
  6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I've got a random question regarding these little star thingies under our avatars.
    When do they change to blue or one big silver/golden/glowing/whatever? Is it only based on the number of posts or likes or join date or...?

Not really all that important, just curious as to how they actually work.

pronker likes this.
  7. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Number of posts. :)
    If you hover over it you can see the post count for a user as well.

I'm not sure the exact numbers, I believe it's 5,000 is five blue stars, 10,000 is a big silver star, 20,000 is a big gold star, 30,000 is a big glowing silver star, and 50,000 is the radioactivity symbol.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  8. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Alright, great, thank you!

9. ARAJediMaster

ARAJediMaster Jedi Knight

May 11, 2013
    Admiral Volshe, thank you so very kindly for explaining the stars under our avatars. I guess if I wish to become a Jedi Master, then I must keep posting and posting more stuff then huh?

10. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    The stars and titles are separate things.

The stars, as mentioned above, are merely tied to a poster's post count.

The titles, however, are tied to the 'trophy points' that you can receive from various things (number of likes, time registered etc.). Posting lots though will still help improve your title since a number of trophies are tied to it. :)

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  11. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Champion of the Force just had a look at your avatar, had to pop in and say "It is better to die for the Emperor, than live for yourself."

Gotta love 40k.

12. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Ironically I was actually a Warhammer gamer, however when I found this pic I had to have it. :p

13. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    'Scuse me, um...when clicking on the Jedi Council Forums page I clicked on the different locations such as Harrisburg, Pa and the Asia and Africa locations to look at those forums...when these pages came up however, it seemed as though all of the threads are locked for no further replies...

I was wondering, does this mean that I can't interact with those other locations or were they moved somewhere else?

...or did I coincidentally click on the only two locations that can't be interacted with, which sounds about right :D

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    On the old boards threads autolocked after six months of inactivity. The places you clicked on were probably already locked before our move to new software last year. A lot of the Fan Force sections are pretty dead postwise. Were you looking for any place in particular or just looking?

15. Randwulf Crescentmoon

May 25, 2013
    Thank-you for the information and sorry, I logged off a while after I posted my question and couldn't get back to you...

...I wasn't necessarily looking for any place in particular, but the thought crossed my mind of how cool it would be to interact with places around the world about Star Wars and to get different cultures' views on the franchise, and by that point I couldn't resist going on a quest through the forums in search of it...

...also, I didn't get much sleep last night so...that could also account for my randomly scouting the web... :D

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There are some Fan Force forums that are frequented. Our Head Admin is a member in Denver, Colorado and the UK forum is also frequented. I think Oceania (Australia/NZ) is still going as well. Look for the forums with recent posts. Also there is at least one social thread in the EU Community, Lit, and SW Community forums (and probably the others, but I don't go there as much..). We also have a Collecting social thread if you are a collector.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am in Philadelphia, PA. My FanForce is myself and my action figures.

pronker, jcgoble3 and eht13 like this.
  18. Randwulf Crescentmoon

May 25, 2013
  19. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Well, the Eastern side of the country of Australia is ... :D

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    For the past 30 minutes, the boards keep randomly logging me out. Has this been happening to anyone else?

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Not the logging out, but IE closed the boards on me when I was trying to post something about thirty minutes ago.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Seems OK to me currently in Firefox.

23. Randwulf Crescentmoon

May 25, 2013
    'Scuse me, I was wondering how does one go about creating multiple accounts?

When I log on I notice you need to type in your forum name/e-mail and then it has two blank circles you can check-mark, one that basically says "you have a previous account" and the other that says "you do not" and so I was wondering, if you click on the one that says "you have a previous account" can you then use the same password for multiple accounts? Or do you click on the blank circle that says "you do not have an account"? :confused:

Also, if you click either circle does this erase your previous account?

Thank-you... :)

24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Those radio buttons are simply for determining whether you are trying to create a new account or log in with an existing one. You cannot delete an account that way or merge two accounts together.

To create multiple accounts, you'd have to log out, then register a new one using a different email address.

25. Sock and Awe

Sock and Awe Jedi Master star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    I just registered this new sock account but it won't seem to let me upload an avatar image. When I open the browse window and then select the image I want to use from my desktop, I just get the "loading" bars going in the upper right hand corner but the image never loads.

Any other reports of this problem? Thanks!