Post technical questions and issues here.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby, Sep 2, 2012.

Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. twowolves Jedi Master

star 3
    Mine are stuttering badly.
  2. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oddly, the site seems to have fixed itself as I was posting that. Weird.
  3. twowolves Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah, it sped up on me, too. No more stutters. Hmmm...I blame...UFOs? That's plausible, right? Right? Hello? Is this thing on? lol
  4. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Well it is Halloween week, we could probably get away with blaming anything we want.;)
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    @Grimby or anyone else.

I tried to login with my ChulaksPrincess sock last night, but I forgot my password. When I tried to get it emailed to my sock's account, the error message said that no user could be found with that name. I checked spelling, and it was all correct. Then, I logged in to my main account; Rainbow Knight Star, and went to my WUL, but I didn't have CP on it, so I typed the URL to her profile, and found it. Yet, when I try to get an email sent to reset my password, the error message still says that no member with that username exists. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Rainbow Knight Star, Nov 1, 2013
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I can see your sock in the Admin CP and it looks fine. Last login was May 25, 2013 when two status updates were added. Your last post was about a year ago. Does the email address associated with the sock still exist? I checked and it is the only account with that email address so that isn't the issue. @Grimby - I'm at a loss on this one as all looks fine to me.
  7. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Have you tried entering the email address instead of the username to recover the password?

- Sent from my R2 unit
  8. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    If it's an aol address, then yes.
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Yes it was. Please try Grimby's suggestion and see if that helps.
  10. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    @LAJ_FETT and @Grimby

You're not gonna believe this. I feel ridiculous.

I was leaving a field blank, and it was the place where I had to type my name before answering the SW question to prove I am a real person, and not a robot. That's why I kept getting, "The requested member could not be found," as the error message.
    The password has been reset, and everything is all right.

:)
    Last edited by Rainbow Knight Star, Nov 1, 2013
  11. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Well, now I know what to suggest next time..glad you got it sorted!
  12. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4
    I've just got a blast of alerts for "trophys" - What are these things? I am supposedly "Guns N' Roses"....
  13. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Looks like you got it for being here 14 years. You can see a list here. Maybe someone has been adding some.
  14. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll get my 15th in a couple of weeks! Looks like the next one is "15 Years After"

Imaginative.

UKS
  15. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    We spend hours coming up with those names. ;)
    SkywalkerSquadron and pronker like this.
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    So if I report my accidental double post, it'll get taken care of? Didn't know that, thanks!
  17. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    No probs. When you report something all the mods can see that there is something waiting.
  18. SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hi, I searched for this and couldn't find an answer. How is it possible that a date for a post could be older than the poster's join date? Because I saw this in a thread. Not a problem, just curious.
  19. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    Do you have a link to the post in question?
  20. SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  21. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    That user's registration date is from 2012, actually; there are no issues.
    Last edited by Ramza, Nov 9, 2013
  22. SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Wow, I don't know how I misread that.:oops:Thanks Ramza. So sorry for the stupid question.
    Last edited by SkywalkerSquadron, Nov 9, 2013
  23. Yeade Force Ghost

star 1
    This is maybe another stupid question that I apologize in advance for asking, but are we not allowed to edit past posts anymore? I made a post earlier today that I'd like to add to--I forgot to include some information and will need to update the links in the future--but I can't find an edit option. The thread isn't locked, so I should be able to make changes to my post per standard message board features, right? Is this function disabled? Or is my browser, Google Chrome, the problem?
  24. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    With the exception of a few Fan Fiction and RPF resource boards, all boards have an edit time limit, typically ranging from 30 to 90 minutes, again depending on the board. Most likely, that timeframe had passed.
    Last edited by Ramza, Nov 14, 2013
  25. Yeade Force Ghost

star 1
    Rats! Thanks for the answer, Ramza, even if it isn't what I wanted to hear. Could I ask one of the mods to delete the post for me instead? I could report myself, if that helps. Though I know this makes me seem more than a little obsessive-compulsive, which would admittedly be an accurate assessment, lol. It's just that I originally posted thinking I'd be able to edit later and currently find myself with the unhappy prospect of having a bunch of broken links in a couple months' time as I keep reorganizing a work in progress. If it's not too much trouble for the mods, I think I'd prefer to simply re-post with a reddit link that I can edit. Now that I'm aware of this forum limitation, I'll be more careful of what I post in the future.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza