main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Thanks

2. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I've been having a heck of a time accessing the boards via mobile the past 24 hours. Pages take minutes to load, if they load at all. I've talked to another user who noticed the lag, especially on mobile. Are we alone in this?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Mobile as in your mobile wifi, mobile as in tapatalk, mobile as in both...?

4. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I don't have tapatalk. I'm just using Chrome on my phone. I haven't noticed any issues with any other website today.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Probably unrelated, but I updated the Tapatalk plugin to the latest version a few hours ago.

-- Sent from my R2 unit

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Are you seeing any differences in performance depending on the connection type? For example, home wifi versus cellular? I'm not experiencing any problems with my smartphone of choice so I'm genuinely curious.

7. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    No difference as far as I can tell.
    It's been a little more cooperative this afternoon, but still not normal. I'm on a laptop right now, and that seems to be fine.

Strangely, the drop down menus (Alerts, etc.) seem to be the most affected.

I have to run now; if I return I'll be on my phone again, and I'll see how it behaves later tonight.

8. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm having the same issue as Bail, actually.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm on my phone now, on Wi-Fi, not using Tapatalk, and it's working fine for me.

10. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    It's gotten better, but there is still a noticeable lag at times.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    On Wi-Fi? And if you get on a computer in the same location it's faster?

12. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Yes. But I'm no longer near a computer, so I can't compare now.

Clicking on the main menu or the sub forums is pretty smooth, but clicking on a thread doesn't always connect.

Checking alerts, using the Reply function, looking at profiles - pretty much any function that causes the black box to appear in the right hand corner - seems to be having a hard time. Also clicking on links in the Alert box is temperamental.

For example, I just hit Preview on this post, and it took over a minute to come up.

13. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    And that took two tries (and two minutes for the successful attempt) to post.

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Have you tried restarting your phone?

15. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I did a few times earlier, and it didn't seem to make a difference. I just restarted it again, and things are better but still a bit sluggish.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Seems OK to me at the moment on a netbook with Firefox. There weren't any errors in the server log from yesterday that might apply.

17. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Where can I find a list of color codes? My screen reader doesn't work with the Rich Text feature, and I can't use the list there.

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    TrakNar and Rainbow Knight Star like this.
  19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Anybody else having problems with this particular glitch: the double-post? Every week, for at least the past month or so, I can count on at least 1-3 occurrences of this, regardless of which forum I'm posting in. It's incredibly annoying. :p

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm having issues but mine are net connection-related. Mine sucks at the moment.

21. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    The same problem as before is happening to me again. Cept clearing my cookies didn't fix it.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Can you remind me what the problem was?

23. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    LAJ_FETT Depending on the browser and individual network connection (ISP based-I think) there is significant lag time between hitting the submit button and the post showing up in the thread. Sometimes, a user does not see the posting indicator in the top right corner and hits the submit button a second time believing their initial click was ineffective. Other times, the double post happens sua sponte.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I meant Thuro's problem, but I responded to a post of his over in the SWC CCC thread. But I have had the issue you describe recently with my broadband acting up.

25. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    My post was poorly timed :) I think the lag / double post problem is mainly an accidental double post issue caused by individual ISP delay, btw.