main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Stiletto

Stiletto Jedi Grand Master

Nov 21, 1998
    Yay, I got my original account back! Thanks Grimby.

2. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    gracias, I'll play around with that and see if it's the issue.

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [​IMG]I've been noticing this. Every time someone comments on the Fanfiction Board, it shows up next to Fan Fiction Resource too, on the list of Boards, as seen on the image. It's weird!

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    That's because Fan Fiction is a subforum of Fan Fiction Resource.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's probably because FF - BSaB is a sub-forum of Fan Fic Resource.

Edit - and Ramza beat me to it.

6. roguemage

roguemage Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2000
    Apologies if this is the wrong venue, or has been answered elsewhere... but I was trying to log in with my 'old', pre-move login and the login process was not recognizing the user. I am assuming at the time that perhaps not all the old user accounts have moved over yet, or are sitting patiently in a waiting room somewhere for their owners to come and claim them.

The profile I am using now is one that I set up on the temp boards. Same primary email address in the setup however.

Would a PM be best to continue this?

Thanks again folks, and congrats on a successful move from all I can see!

And don't worry about any postponement on the move finishing... remember what Miracle Max said. "Don't rush me sonny. You rush a miracle, you get rotten miracles!"

Cheers.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    What was your old user id?

8. roguemage

roguemage Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2000
    The other main user id was/is: PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

9. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    went with your suggestion with having compatibility view off and this time I was capable of doing a long post albeit with some lag time writing/editting the last couple lines.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Is it still being worked on? It's made hundreds of threads useless.

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  12. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Is there a way for the email address I want to use to receive notifications of new private messages to be deleted from the system entirely? Thing is, the address I want to use seems to be buried in more than one of my many old socks. I thought it was only in one, which I noted down before we transferred to the temp boards. This evening I removed it as the email address associated with my sock and moved to associate it with my main account. Only, the system still reckoned it was associated with another account. This can only (I suppose) mean that another sock I've completely forgotten about also has the email address associated with it. So, can all trace of this particular email address be somehow deleted from the system allowing me to associate it with this account... or am I stuck?

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The moderators can search user lists by email, so if you PM any of us the address, they can track down the sock using it.

14. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Okay thanks. PM sent.

15. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I am not sure whether this is the correct thread to ask such a question, but anyway. Can we still add the sections that we are usually following like before the move? I mean only certain sub-forums to be visible and the rest to be underneath them?

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    We're working on getting an add-on for that, but not yet, no.

17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Ah OK, cool thanks! Can't wait for it :D

18. roguemage

roguemage Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2000
    @ LAJ_FETT: after seeing Everton's post, I realized that my issue is likely due to using the same email for a the two profiles/socks back in the day.

I would have messaged off topic as a PM, but I haven't found that option yet with the new boards. But its probably staring me in the face and I'm just not seeing it. :cool:

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Whenever I click the forum tab link, I get this error: "Fatal error: Class 'Tapatalk_Model_User' not found in /var/www/html/library/XenForo/Application.php(396) : eval()'d code on line 1"
    It does go away whenever I refresh, but it usually gets annoying.

This is on Firefox btw. :p

20. TurboExtremist

TurboExtremist Jedi Master star 2

Sep 24, 2004
    What a wait! :p

Three things:

1. After bugs are looked at, will a new default theme be created? The current one is drab as heck.

2. The posting form is the same colour as the background.

3. As it is, you have to mouse over threads to see how many pages are in it. I'd like to be able to see the page numbers right away.

And many thanks for the effort. :)

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It was like this on the Temp boards too, so I don't imagine it will change any more.

22. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    I'm just wondering if it's possible (after everything is properly connected) to get a story archive forum, where people can just post their stories without the comments. That is, of course, if people want to.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That's a question you need to direct at the FF moderators within the context of Fan Fic, not here in Comms.

24. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I've been getting like each notification as many as five times.

Admiral_Volshe and Darth-Ghost like this.
  25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I've noticed character threads in both Movie/Community and FanFic Resource - where's the preferred place? I'm talking discussion of a character with social aspects as well.

And btw for some, possibly: I had my current email on the old boards. Going by what we had been told, I tried the password recovery and never got an email. Turns out I didn't need to "reset" as it accepted the old password.

However, when I updated my password, it showed a very old, discontinued email in my email field - what the! I know I updated it, but since I'm getting on fine now, thought this might be of interest to others.