main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Sorry if this is redundant...do I need to change my username color? If so, how, and is there some guideline in place to what it should/shouldn't look like. Gracias.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Username colors worked up until we upgraded to the newest version of Xenforo last week. We're working on trying to get it re-installed. I'll start a new thread on it once it's working again.

Sebulba-X likes this.
  3. FirstStarWars

FirstStarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I want to sign in with my Facebook, is there away to can do that and use my old account? right now i am just logged in under facebook but it doesnt show i have been a member for 11 years

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Sweet! It'll feel like home, sweet home then.

5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    I read earlier that someone had many old posts missing. Same here. I had over 5000 posts before, but now can only find 200 of them. Where are the rest of them?

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    When i click on http://boards.theforce.net/ my browser freezes up for anything from 10 to 45 seconds. this doe snot happen with any other web page I click on.

7. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    My notifications are doubling.

For example.. when someone likes a post I made, I get two notifications that the same person likes my post.

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Where's the search function?

9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    We disabled the search function for the time being. It's not working like it is suppose too. Once we get it fixed, it will be back up and going. For more information see this thread.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Something is very wrong when I try to post or edit something, particularly after I've pasted something there from the temporary boards. The entire thing freezes, or it only allows me to type so many characters (or even just move my cursor so many characters) before freezing. I've been unable to insert one missing word through an edit into one of my posts for 15 minutes, have reloaded the page like 30 times. And this isn't the first time, just the most annoying so far.

11. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I think I figured out why my notifications are doubling.. it only seems to happen when someone quotes or tags me.. and if they edit the post I'm quoted or tagged in, it'll give me another notification.

Grimby the Hutt likes this.
  12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I have a couple of ideas of what might be causing it then.

I'm looking into it. Your posts are in the system, it just isn't showing them in your post history for some reason. It's happening to me as well.

Most likely because you registered a new account when you linked your sign-in with Facebook. What was your old username?

Are you using an older browser, or do you perhaps have a lot of other browser tabs open or have other programs open that take up a significant amount of memory? Try closing everything else you have open and then open the boards again.

Are you doing that in the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread page, or on the dedicated post page when you click on "More Options"?

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Both.

14. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    One issue I noticed, which is probably more prominent on Fan Fiction boards: in several of my posts in which quotations marks were placed to denote speech, the quotation remarks are replaced with question marks. Can this be fixed?

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Can you link me to the post you're trying to edit? You can PM me if you want.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's too late to edit now, and it was just a minor edit (really a series of minor edits, until it started freezing for EVERYTHING) but it was my original post of the "What do you believe, and why?" thread in the JCC. I think it might be because I pasted some text from a post in the temporary boards, that's the only thing I can think of anyways.

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, I got nothin' on that. Could just be the length of the content you pasted in, or something along those lines.

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I don't know, I've sent a much longer PM just a day or so ago with no problems. I'll let you know if it happens again. Maybe it's just my computer.

19. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I'm having some slowness with pages loading and error messages saying the server timed out when I try to post.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to have to settled down.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Could you disable the edit time limit?

21. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    glad to be back with the old surroundings and all. as much as we can have anyway.

thanks to all of you who put in work on this. much appreciated.

22. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    Just out of curiosity, why posting on the temp boards disabled already? I thought that wasn't supposed to happen for 30 days.

23. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    So happy to have the old forums back. I was sorely missing them.
    Many thanks to all involved in the move and in correcting any errors. Your hard work is much appreciated! Thank you

I'm waiting patiently for the correction of the truncated posts' issue so I can read my fav fanfics :p

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    For a couple of days now I ntermittently get: TheForce.net is not responding due to a long running script.

If I click okay and waiiittt, the page comes back, only this time I typed in one character than it froze, then the entire site stopped responding and I had to "recover the webpage" and lost what little I had pasted.

Tech details, Win7, IE9, had pasted little more than is in this post as a reply.

25. Grahame

Grahame Former Server Admin star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Those of you using IE9 try using it in compatibility mode. The Javascript engine in IE9 is better than previous IEs but is still pretty flaky compared to Firefox or Chrome.

Grimby the Hutt likes this.