main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    This is the time of day those errors are more likely to happen, due to the load on the server from the background processes that are running. Usually a page refresh is all that's required.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, looks like we had a few error messages in the server log around that time. As Grimby said, it's due to the processes like the date roll that run at midnight Pacific time.

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks, Gents!

4. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Not a complaint but.........Anyone notice how Obi-Wan heavy the "Happy Valentine's Day" message was?

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I think that's the point. :p Obi-Wan has certainly had many love interests.

Darth Basin and pronker like this.
  6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    My EU-Legends-lovin' heart rejoices to see Siri up there.[face_love]

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Same.

pronker likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Anyone else using their smartphone to access, getting a Xenforo blurb and offer to purchase?

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That happens if you're using a browser app- it'll recognize this forum as tapatalk-friendly and ask if you want to install the app.

You can just press the little x and it should disappear.

Sent from my brain using magic

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you for the response, and I do like your phone sig. Much more original than the various R2 unit ones....or were you parodying them?

11. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    Why are my avatars sideways? How do I set them vertically? I am sorry for posting all of these questions.:confused:

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Is the photo sideways before you upload it? If so, you need to fix it in an image editor before you upload. If not, what are you using to change your avatar? Web browser? Tapatalk?

13. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    My photo is vertical when I post it . It turns sideways after I put it in the box. I guess should blame Windows 10 for this.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Could be a size issue. If you have the pic on your hard drive, hover the cursor over it and see what the dimensions are. If it is more rectangular than square (wider than it is higher or vice versa) the system might be trying to auto correct. You can use an image editor (like Photoshop) to crop it to make it more square and give that a try.

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    This may also have something to do with the orientation settings embedded in the image file. If the photo is from your phone or a digital camera, the image file usually has EXIF data embedded into it, which records the orientation that was used when the photo was taken. Either way, as LAJ said, open the photo in an image editor, rotate it if necessary, and save it as a new file. If you don't have Photoshop, you can use MS Paint or even an online image editor.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Grimby Re your signature, the little boy across the street has a hoverboard. I am beyond envy. Then I read the link in your signature *which, by the way, how did you get in there?* and now I'm afraid for him.[face_nail_biting]

17. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you want you could email me the pic from your PC and I could play with it in Photoshop. Let me know if you want to try that and I'll PM you my email address. Note that I'm in the UK so you might not get a response today.

19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    You mentioned you were using Windows 10. Paint usually comes pre-installed on Windows. Try searching for it or look under Windows Accessories in the start menu.

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I highlighted the words and used the link button to create links. Perhaps that's not something regular users can do in a signature?

Yeah, if there's a fire at that kid's house in the near future, you'll know why. ;)

pronker likes this.
  21. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    The boards have been running pretty slowly for me lately. Pages load, but it takes a while. I'm using Mercury to browse.

pronker likes this.
  22. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    likewise.

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
  24. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Was having the same problem around the time of the posts above; however, it now seems to have resolved itself.

25. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    same here. :)