main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Post times in Military Time or Normal Time?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mrbunny666, Sep 1, 2003.

?

Post times in Military Time or Normal Time?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Miltary Time (0600, 1800, 2400)

47.6%
  2. Normal Time (1 pm, 2 pm)

52.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
  2. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Military Time or Normal Time? If that's not a biased question, I'm Mickey Mouse!

3. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I don't see what's so hard about military time. I've used it for years. All nursing and medical documentation is done in military time. Heck most of Europe uses it, if not all of it, and it's not that hard to do.

Any hour through noon is exactly what it looks like. 0800 is 8 am, noon is 1200, etc.

Anything from 1pm to midnight is the hour plus 12. So, 1 pm is 1300, midnight is 2400.

If you can do basic math, you can do military time.

4. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Post however you feel, problem sovled. I'm posting in 24hr, be glad that I'm not posting in zulu time :)

5. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Even though I'm the one who complains the most about military time because I do get confused about it, I would really like to be able to use it so forcing myself to think (Egads!) is a good time.

Void, please don't post in zulu time, my brain will be way over taxed!

6. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Howzabout everyone post in Lima time?? (local time) - that way zoo will post in denver time, we post in phoenix time, and the californicators post in pacific time, whatever it happens to be... Heh... that would really confuse people...

7. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Since we just pretend to be clones and aren't clones, how about we enjoy our freedom, which by the way the military protects with thier lives, and post in what ever method you'd like to post in as long as there's a captian decoder ring somewhere for all of us to understand.

8. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    As ever, I'm not about to allow myself to be told to do something one way or another, especially with no good reason. Post however you damn well please

9. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I'll talk to Gandalf and see if I can get a script installed that will convert all time entries to 24hr ;)

10. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    At first I thought this was a poll about changing the posting times you see on each post, not about whether people should post in normal or military time. Some times I think I just read wierd or something.

I think its hilarious that we even have threads about this! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    ROTFLMAO. Zulu time. Lima time. Sorry, but I find this totally amusing. Maybe because like Void, Choad and Wenchy, I've had military time so engrained into me over the last 10-15 years, that converting between the two is no big deal. I forgot that it could be.

Now if I need to do something in Zulu time, I just set the second time zone on my watch so I don't have to do the calculations. [face_devil]

12. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i voted for normal time, but now i vote that we drop the subject, because it's obviously pissing some people off. and i mean, what the hell? i don't get military time but it doesn't really bother me if people post in it. i just like to tease the people who do use it.

have we seriously run so low on things to talk about on this board that this is even an issue? heh. anyway, i revoke my vote, i don't vote either way now.

13. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    For the love of the Force, post them in "normal" time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.