main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Post-TPM/Pre-AotC Anakin challenge stories! "Read and join in!" (A.N. The stories here rely on u.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by diamond_pony2002, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Okay y'all, PatttyB0123 gave me an idea and I loved it!

Challenge: Ani's lonely, Obi gets him a pet and teaches him how to train it, after a while it dies, and Obi helps him at the funeral.

HAVE FUN Y'ALL!!!!!!!

2. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Nobody cares. Oh well. The first post will be up tonight. :_(

3. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    He was lonely.

12-year-old Anakin Skywalker lay on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, thinking. Thinking about his mother. About Padmé. Naboo. Everything that didn't have to do with being sad and alone.

Obi-Wan Kenobi sat on the couch in the living room of his and Anakin's quarters. He sighed when he heard his apprentice sniffle and stood. He went into the boy's bedroom and knocked.

"Yeah?" came a broken voice.

"Can I come in, Ani?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I guess." The man walked into the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed. Anakin's hands were folded on his stomach and there were dried tear tracks on his face.

"Are you okay?" Obi-Wan finally said. Anakin shrugged his shoulders and sighed heavily. One of his friends had just left on a mission with their master and wasn't returning for two years.

"She'll be back, Anakin," he said softly and caressed the boy's cheek.

"How can we be so sure?" Anakin asked. Obi-Wan stared at him with sad eyes and grasped one of his hands.

"We can't, but we can hope and pray she will return safely." Anakin finally looked at him with tears in his eyes and Obi-Wan held out his arms. The boy sat up and went into his master's warm embrace, releasing his pent up emotions from the past four days. He felt himself being lifted onto Obi-Wan's lap and stopped crying afterwhile. Anakin sensed the love and assurance Obi-Wan sent through their quickly growing bond and snuggled deeper into his arms.

Obi-Wan smiled and ran his fingers through the boy's hair before dropping a kiss on his head. He moved to lean against the headboard of Anakin's bed and started to hum a song he'd heard his mother sing to him when he was a baby. It was called 'I'm Already There' and he loved it. Whenever he thought of her, he hummed that song and he could feel her presence flowing through him.

The apprentice sighed and listened to Obi-Wan's deep voice. It soon lulled him to sleep and when Obi-Wan noticed this, he gently laid Anakin down on the bed and covered him with the sheets, kissing his forehead and closing the curtains so the sun wouldn't wake him. Then he got an idea. Quietly and quickly, he left the room and looked at the chrono. It was 12:45 p.m. He knew Anakin would wake around 1:30, so he went to the hanger and jumped into a speeder, driving to an old friend's house. When he got there, he ran to the door and knocked insistently. The door opened to reveal his good friend, Dex.

"Well, looky here! Ol' hot shot! How ya been, buddy?" Dex joked and let Obi-Wan in.

"Fine and you?" Obi-Wan answered.

"Not bad, not bad."

"Are we still up on that offer?"

"Offer? What off?Oh! Yeah! You'd better hurry if you want one. Today's the last day before I'm gonna make money on 'em!"

"Alright. Where is she?" Dex led Obi-Wan to the only backyard that had grass on the whole planet of Coruscant. He walked over to a pen and showed Obi-Wan what was inside. Dachshund puppies. One particular pup was looking at Obi-Wan with the biggest, saddest, roundest eyes you'd ever seen and he couldn't resist, knowing Anakin would love it.

"Is that her?" he asked pointing to the pup.

"Yup! That's the one! That boy o' yours is sure gonna have fun! This one's full o' energy."

"Oh, now I know they'll get along just fine," Obi-Wan replied with a moan. Dex laughed and clapped him on the shoulder.

"I'll get a box and some blankets and toys for her while you get her out," Dex said and left to go in the house. Obi-Wan watched him and then turned back to the pen, finding the little female dachshund trying to get out on his side. He bent down and gently picked her up in his arms.

"Hello there, little one. Ready to go home?" he said and scratched her ear, which she seemed to like very much. She barked and licked his face.

"Hey cut it out! That tickles!" he laughed out and the dog sat panting in his

4. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I love your story. The way Obi-Wan went to store and got the pet.

I like this part " he called softly and shook the boy. Anakin groaned and opened his eyes. He turned over onto his back and looked at Obi-Wan. He called his padawan. :_|

Is a miracle that Anakin slep for long time "Almost 1:45." [face_laugh]

I cried little bad in this part so sad. heard her whimpering and gently picked her up. A crowd gathered to see what all the commotion was and some of the men and fathers left when they found it was only a dying dog, :_|

No only a dying dog. A nice dog stroking her short fur. He missed his best friend. :_|

"Shh, it's okay. Calm down. I'm here. And so is Gardenia. She'll always be with you," the man whispered and rocked Anakin. The boy continued to sob and feel sad. I do not have words for this one. He was lonely?again. :_| :_|

diamond you did a great job. [face_blush] Wonderful. ;)

5. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Thanks, but I have a feeling it'll be a while before I type anything else. You see, I got one of my friends to tell this boy that I liked him and when I went to talk to him after that, he said that he doesn't think I'm wierd for liking him (though everyone thinks I'm wierd either way) and that he just thinks of me as a friend. I know I'm a bit young for this (12) but I really like him and I'm heartbroken. I'm sorry everyone. :_| :_| :_|

6. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Up? (Does it suck that much?)

7. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
  8. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Awww. Poor Anakin.

9. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Yup, it sucks. Thanks for the ups guys! You're great! I just wish more people would come take a look at this.

10. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
  11. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
  12. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I like this very much, it not only shows the readers that Obiwan cares for Anakin, but shows Anakin that Obiwan cares for him.

13. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Is this like, you can write a story with that brief? Only I've had a good idea...

14. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Glad some new people are here! And no, you don't have to do the challenge. You can write any kind of Ani/Obi Post-TPM/Pre-AotC story you want!

15. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Cool diamond.

16. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    WHY WON'T ANYBODY COME HERE?!?!?!?! WWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

17. Cat_Orange

Cat_Orange Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 18, 2002
    *puts hand up*

I'm here! :D

Well, I can't say I've ever actually like Anakin. I mean.. he does turn into Darth Vader and destroys the Temple and kills most of the Jedi.. but maybe as a kid he wasn't so bad! 8-}

Anyway, it's a great story! Don't worry about the lack of replies, lots of people read stories but just don't reply ( [face_blush] I know because I do) Keep ya' head up straight coz' it's a great story! :)

18. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    [face_blush] I thought I had replied to this, but I hadn't. Sorry!

I really liked this - but it made me want to cry! :(

He was lonely?again. And the repitition of the final line, matching with the first, was really good. :) But so sad! :(

19. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Wow! I didn't think people cared about this! I'm so happy! BTW, this is like obi_ew's Obi-Wan Challenge Thread. You can write stories of your own about Post-TPM/Pre-AotC Anakin and Obi-Wan!

20. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Up. I think I'll lock this. Nobody cares.

21. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Hi diamond. You might want to try starting a new thread that's clearer from the start, something like: "Anakin/Obi-Wan Challenge: Pre-AOTC era" or something. Or it might be better to start an Anakin character discussion thread in the Writer's Resource Forum (I'm not sure if there already is one), which is how the Obi-Wan one started out. You can contact one of the moderators for more ideas.

However, a lot of people tend to dislike Anakin, so you might have a problem if you wanted positive stories about him and Obi-Wan. You can start a challenge perhaps, asking people who normally write a "bad" Anakin to write a "nice" Anakin, and vice versa. (And perhaps include as an option, instead of just Anakin, have those who normally write a "perfect" Obi write a "flawed Obi" and vice versa).

You might also consider widening the range of the ages to include beyond AOTC. That might get people who are interested in the Anakin/Padme relationship interested in a challenge.

I hope that's helpful. :)

22. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Hmmm, that's a great idea, H_H_P! However, I think you have that better visualized than I do! 8-} Maybe you and I could co-opperate what you said! It would be really cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.