main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post-Vong War Speculation

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ulkesh2, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Everything I've heard at C3 and read here leads me to the following speculations about the post-Vong War era.

Dark Nest trilogy-

A former Jedi Knight has made a deal with a Force strong insectoid species. The Chiss are the first to go to war with these planet hopping 'army ants'.
    In a nutshell this trilogy sounds inspired by the Shadow War sub-plot from the Babylon 5 television series and the Bug War from Starship Troopers. I'm OK with this notion if true. I particularly like the idea of SW borrowing from B5. The former Jedi Knight mentioned sounds a bit like Mr. Morden. If this former Jedi Knight is Raynar Thul then the Morden model fits. I remember Thul being arrogant, rich, and car saleman slick. Hmmm...if you combine Morden with Dooku you might have DN's Thul. The 'army ant'-like Killik are sorta like the Shadow beings. I wonder if the Killik seek revenge on those who destroyed Alderaan. Thus the common citizens of the IR need help from the rest of the Galactic Alliance. Thus the Swarm War of the Killik makes strange bedfellows of the Jedi Knights and the IR. In other words the Jedi Knighthood and the IR's stormtroopers work together as they did in the last year of the Vong War. Further this reminds us of the legacy of the Clone War era. A time when Jedi Knights and a clone army worked as a symbiotic team. Before a Sith Lord interfered with the issue of Order 66.This trilogy might be an exercise in irony. For example Leia will understand the Killik's anger for Alderaan's destruction, but she can't just watch the common IR citizens be ravaged. So Leia might find herself working against those who hold Alderaan's memory dear. Classic irony. Speaking of Leia I wonder if during the the second book the Killik try to take over Naboo. After all Naboo was the homeworld of Palpatine who indirectly destroyed Alderaan. The Killik might claim Naboo to be a 'New Alderaan' for the Killik people. An eye for an eye. Somehow PRINCESS Leia manages to finally become a queen.
    So if I'm correct...Leia is the unseen queen. She stumbles into her mother's legacy!

2. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Does anybody out there think I'm onto something or way outside the lines?

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    The stuff with the Killiks trying to take over Naboo would be an interesting tie-in with the prequels. I also like Leia learning of her heritage this way, but Ill take anything where she plays a major role.

5. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    If so, I hope the Killiks make the Gungans a must have luxury food on every planet in the galaxy, even among the Ithorians.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Some neat ideas there, but please repost them in the link provided above to the official discussion for Dark Nest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.