Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    STAR WARS
    KNIGHTS OF THE NEW ORDER

SHADOWS OF THE FUTURE

DRAMATIS PERSONALE
    Anakin Solo; Jedi Apprentice (male human)
    Aust Starkiller; Force Sensative New Republic Citizen (male human)
    Ikrit; Jedi Master (male unknown)
    Jacen Solo; Jedi Apprentice (male human)
    Jaina Solo; Jedi Apprentice (female human)
    Kam Solusar; Jedi Master (male human)
    Leia Organna Solo; New Republic Diplomat (female human)
    Lia Galanodel; New Republic Citizen (female human)
    Lowbacca; Jedi Apprentice (male Wookie)
    Luke Skywalker; Jedi Master (male human)
    Mara Jade Skywalker; Jedi Knight (female human)
    Tahiri Veila; Jedi student (female human)
    Tenel Ka; Jedi Apprentice (female human)
    Tionne; Jedi Knight (female human)
    Valin Horn; Jedi Apprentice (male human)
    Zekk; Jedi Apprentice (male human)

CHAPTER ONE
    Darkness.
    Endless and unmeasurable darkness.
    This was deep space.
    True, the darkness and emptiness was interupted every now and then by a luminious star or a lush and vibrant planet, but this was the epitome of space.
    Here the traveling occured, the battles were fought, and the history was shaped.
    The Jade Saber dropped out of hyperspace in orbit of one of these lush planets, Yavin Four.
    Yavin would be unremarkable if it weren't for one small detail: the Jedi Academy.
    Luke had long ago relinquished the academy to trusted friend and fellow Jedi Master Kam Solusar and his wife Tionne, but he was back for a visit.
    And he hadn't come alone.
    Luke smiled warmly as his wife and her apprentice entered.
    The apprentice was Luke's niece, Jaina.
    Jaina was 15, on the verge of 16.
    Her brown hair was in a simple yet elegent design, looking nothing like what her mother would've opted for at her age, and she wore simple Jedi robes and her lightsaber.
    Mara returned the warm smile and slid into the pilot seat when Luke vacated it.
    "Hey, Skywalker, I'm not going to kill you for being in my seat."
    "Better safe than sorry," Luke pointed out.
    "You got that right," Mara said with a twinkle in her eye. "So where are your apprentices?"
    The sound of an argument occuring in the passenger cabin was audible in the cockpit.
    "There they are," Jaina said with a roll of her eyes.
    Luke entered to find Anakin and Jacen standing toe to toe.
    Anakin, the younger of the two, was 14 on the verge of 15, and didn't look much like either of his siblings. His unruly brown hair was similar enough to his siblings', but the ice-blue eyes were like no one in the family other than Luke and Anakin's grandfather of the same name.
    Those eyes betrayed an emotional depth that Luke hadn't seen any evidence of in his siblings, despite the fact that both were very mature and sensative for their ages.
    But then again, Anakin had always been special. He was very mature for his age, and at the same time, very sensative and empathic.
    Jacen had the same hair as Anakin and his twin sister, but like Jaina he had brown eyes. He was the same age as Jaina-obviously-and whereas Jaina was very well grounded in reality, Jacen was constantly searching for bigger truths and was often completely oblivious to events taking place in his general vicinity.
    Unfortunately, one of the rare exceptions to this rule was when he elected to have a philisophical argument with his brother.
    All three of them were especially talented in one area or another.
    Jacen was naturally empathic, and often befriended animals easily. Jaina and Anakin were similar in that they were both more mechanically inclined. The difference was Jaina could fly a ship, but Anakin could dissassemble and reassemble that same ship with both hands tied behind his back and still reasonably expect to do so in record time.
    Both of them quickly composed themselves and bowed to their master.
    "Master Skywalker," Jacen said formally.
    "Uncle Luke," Anakin added, much warmer than Jacen.
    Not again.
    "Please," Mara beckoned. "Continue."
    Luke shot her a meaningful glance, but if she noticed she gave no indication.
    He could tell from studying the looks on their faces that whatever the

2. queen37

queen37 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2002
    Rock On!!!(can't ya tell i live in southern california :D) Another Anakin/Tahiri fic!! more more more

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Oooo, another great fic! More soon!

4. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Well, this definitely looks like it has some promise. And Tahiri seems so like...Tahiri.

5. Jedi_Wurth_Skidder

Jedi_Wurth_Skidder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2002
    Pretty good start.. only two things.. you have Valin Horn listed as a Knight in the Dramatis Personae. And you have Mara as a Master.. she didn't achieve Master until Dark Tide: Ruin. But if that's by design.. I apologize :).. either way.. good start.

6. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    more!!!!

7. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Queen37- Thank you :)

Lonewolf- Thanks :)

Tych_sel- I'm running out of ways to say thanks :). And yes, Tahiri is very unique isn't she (lol)?

Jedi_Wurth_Skidder- Thanks for pointing that out :). I edited it, so it should be gone now.

Tahiri-Solo- Hmmm... *falls into a submissive trance without noticing* That's probably a good idea... I should probably post more soon...
    *shakes head to clear mind* huh? wha? what was I saying? Oh yeah, I'm gonna post more around lunchtime...
    *falls into a trance again* I will post more soon Master...

8. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm upping this so you can find it!

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh great! I just typed a really long post, but when I hit post there was a 504 Connection Timeout Error, and it didn't post! And now I can't get it back! And I don't have time to retype it b4 I have to go to my next class! This does *not* make me happy :mad:!!!
    I'll have to retype the whole thing when I get home :mad:!!!
    Just for that, the really really bad thing that *was* going to happen later in the story *after* everyone got a chance to relax on Yavin 4 for a while is going to happen right away!

10. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Well, it figures that it would happen right away, after all, these guys can't ever really have an extended period of downtime, can they?

11. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    True, true, very true.
    But I *was* going to actually let most of the major characters relax for a while.
    That isn't happening anymore though, I'm POed :mad:

12. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    Hey! I'm awake!! THis one's lookin interesting, it seems different than your other ones. I like..post more soon!

13. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    After Anakin and Tahiri had gone... well, wherever they had gone-Jaina was having trouble keeping up with her little brother these days-Jacen and Jaina had managed to round up a bunch of their old friends from the academy.
    Jacen glanced around the room curiously.
    The occupants-all of which Jaina had known since her childhood-were fellow Jedi apprentices.
    Her brother Jacen was obviously there, and next to him was Tenel Ka, the one armed Dathormirian.
    Jaina had little trouble noticing the admiring glances Tenel Ka was directing at the ever-oblivious Jacen. Jaina rolled her eyes. Typical.
    Although she also noticed the fact that Zekk's green eyes were more-often-than-not pointed at her, she didn't give any indication that she did. She did, however, need to hide the slightly flattered reddening of her face.
    Lowbacca, the young Wookie, was-as always-rather perplexed by human courtship rituals, though he did not say so out of respect for different cultures.
    Jacen and Jaina he understood, they were just being typical humans.
    Additionally, Zekk's reservedness was understanable, one had to consider his upbringing, or lack there of.
    "-Nom Anor," Jaina was saying. "From what I've heard the man could send chills down a Noghri's spine."
    "Isn't your aunt scheduled to meet with him?" Zekk inquired.
    "Yes," Jacen said with a nod, "Aunt Mara is scheduled to meet with him in a few months," he affirmed.
    "We'll probably get dragged into this too," Zekk added. "The Jedi-"
    "Have no one left to fight," Jacen interjected.
    Zekk frowned. "How do you plot that course?"
    "The Empire is dead," Jacen said with a shrug. "We're at peace with the Remnant, and there aren't any Dark Jedi around that we know of. And those that are aren't any threat-"
    "How can you say that?" Zekk demanded. "A Darksider is always a threat!"
    "Zekk," Jaina cut him off, "I understand that you feel horrible about some of the things the Shadow Academy made you do, but you can't hate anyone. Even the Dark Jedi. And besides, you of all people know that aggressively seeking out evil-"
    "Leads to the Dark Side," Jacen finished for her with a grin, "the greatest irony of the Force."
    Jaina suddenly felt a ripple through the Force.
    A powerful one.
    A familiar one.
    "Where's Little Brother?" Jaina inquired, turing to Jacen.
    Jacen merely shrugged.
    "You don't know?" she demanded.
    "Neither do you," Jacen truthfully pointed out.
    "But... what if he's in trouble?"
    "Jaina, I'm sure Anakin's absolutely fine."

14. Solo_13

Solo_13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2002
    yes.....fine. *evil smirk*

15. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    "Why didn't we detect their approach?" Luke demanded.
    "They were coming in on full stealth mode," Mara guessed.
    A nod from Kam Solusar confirmed the hypothesis.
    "What do we know about them?" Luke inquired.
    "A dissident group," Kam replied, "made up mainly of Twi'leks, Rodians, Wookies, and several other non-humans. They're anti-Jedi, anit-human-"
    "Is there anything they aren't against?" Mara inquired with a snort.
    "If there is, we haven't discovered it yet," Kam remarked sarcastically.
    "This can't happen," Tionne said, anxiety visible. "We have to get everyone into the temple! The children-"
    "They'll be fine," Kam assured her. "We just have to institute a lockdown. Everyone's already in the temple-"
    "No," Tionne cut him off. "I wish that were true, I sincerely do Kam. But it isn't. Not everyone is on the temple grounds."
    Worried and skeptical glances were leveled.
    "Correct, Jedi Tionne Solusar is," Master Ikrit agreed. "Two young Jedi Knights are not currently on the grounds. One of which has been kidnapped before. History does have a nasty habit of repeating itself, as we all know."
    Luke's eyes widened when he realized who Ikrit was referring to. "No!"
    Mara gasped, sharing in his epiphany. "Anakin!"

16. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    w0w. This is better than the figgin NJO series! This is great.

17. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
  18. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Tahiri giggled as she dropped off a tree branch to land on Anakin's shoulders.
    Anakin went down almost immediatly under the weight, also unable to stop himself from laughing, and the two rolled across the ground before coming to a stop, Anakin ending up on top of Tahiri.
    Anakin-still in the grips of hillarious laughter-disengaged himself from Tahiri and came up to his knees.
    "I win," Tahiri announced.
    "How do you plot that course?" Anakin inquired.
    "Because I said so," Tahiri replied with a smug smile. "Dummy."
    Anakin felt his cheeks warm, but he said nothing.
    "Well? Are you going to defend yourself or not?"
    Anakin shrugged. "Have I ever won an argument with you before?" he replied.
    "Guess you're not so dumb after all," Tahiri said with a slight grin. "Dummy," she added, the grin widening.
    "Well, best friend. I'm running out of ideas about who to use the jungle for entertainment."
    Tahiri shrugged. "We could always use the Force to train..."
    "Yeah, I guess that-"
    Anakin suddenly noticed that Tahiri's eyes had widened in terror.
    He could've turned around, but then whoever was behind him would knew he knew it was there.
    Instead, he reached out through his bond with Tahiri to see with her eyes.
    There were men, about a dozen of them, none of them human. They were all armed, some with stun nets, others with stun battons.
    Uh-oh...
    Without a second's pause, Anakin whipped around to face the assailants and ignited his lightsaber with a snap-hiss at the same time, making it into one smooth motion.
    "Get behind me!" he yelled towards Tahiri, bringing the violet blade up in a defensive stance.
    Anakin... there's too many of them! They've got us!
    Get behind me! I can take them!
    Don't do anything stupid!
    Hey, it's me.
    That's what I'm afraid of.

One of them-a Rodian-drew a blaster and began firing stun bolts in rapid succession.
    Anakin blocked all of them, but the cover fire allowed two of the stun batton wielding men to advance.
    Anakin tried to take them out, but he heard a muffled scream and saw that Tahiri had been ensnared by a stun net.
    "Tahiri!"
    Anakin tried to run to her, but a stun grenade went off and all of his limbs went limp. Within seconds, the stun batton wielding attackers were upon Anakin, beating him mercilessly with the weapons, even though he was already slipping into blackness...

19. queen37

queen37 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2002
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Post More Soon Please. great story, can't wait for more!

20. HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE

HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2001
    Great Story!!!
    Keep it coming!!
    MORE SOON I HOPE.

21. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    CHAPTER TWO
    The woman was tall, blond, and had the most enchanting hazel eyes.
    Taking one look at her, you'd instantly determine that she was going to outlive half the galaxy.
    You would be wrong.
    Lia Galanodel was dying.
    Aust still came to visit her every day, but that was Aust.
    Lia smiled slightly to herself.
    Good old Aust.
    Speaking of which, when her gaze reached the doorway, Aust Starkiller himself was standing right before her.
    "Aust!" she said with a smile, sitting up.
    "What did the doctor's say?" he inquired.
    Lia sighed and shook her head. "I'm dying Aust. They say... I might not make it through the night."
    Aust Starkiller, all of twenty years old, wasn't ready to see his best friend-his only love-die.
    Not this way, not now.
    He gathered her into his arms. "We'll make it through this."
    "You'll make it through this," Lia corrected.
    Aust sighed.
    All she had wanted out of life was to be a Jedi... to joing their order-
    "You have the gift, Aust. The Force is strong in you. You know what that Jedi said-"
    "Lia, that's your dream, not mine."
    "Promise me, Aust. Promise me you'll do it."
    Aust's eyes met Lia's. "I promise. I will be a Jedi. For the galaxy, but most of all, for you. I swear it."
    Lia suddenly took a deep breath.
    "What?"
    "Goodbye Aust... I will always love you..."
    With that, she breathed her last and died in Aust's arms.
    He didn't stop crying, and didn't even leave the room.
    It took him a long time to accept that she was gone and it was time to leave.
    His heart had been ripped to shreads, and Lia wasn't there to put it back together again.
    Go. Go be a Jedi.
    Aust heard her voice clearly, but she hadn't spoken, couldn't have spoken.
    It's okay Aust. There is no death; there is the Force. I will always love you. Go be a Jedi. Make me proud.
    And suddenly, Aust's eyes were opened.
    The world around him seemed like a larger place by far.
    But it was bittersweet.
    Nothing could erase the grief of Lia's passing.
    "I'll do it," he said aloud. "I promised."
    Then go. You haven't much time. I can't explain how I know, but I do. And... I won't be able to talk to you like this... ever... until the day you join us.
    "Us?"
    The dead.
    Aust sighed. "I'll see you then."
    Goodbye Aust. And may the Force be with you.

22. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Why do I have a very bad feeling about this?
    Waiting for more!!!

23. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Tych_Sel- Hmmm... a bad feeling? I wonder why that is (lol)
    Let's review: Anakin's been kidnapped, an anti-Jedi group is running around on Yavin, a Force-sensative future-Jedi-Knight is dealing with grief over losing his true love...
    Yeah, I think that's the formula for a nice spontanious combustion :D!

Arg... I'm not gonna be able to post more until tommorow.
    I have to "go to bed" (yeah right. Go to sleep at 10 pm? Unlikely! I prefer to refer to "Bed Time" as "Unauthorized Star Wars Reading Time" (lmao))
    In any event: 'Night everybody.

24. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    more more!!!

25. CommanderAntilles

CommanderAntilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.