main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Post your experiences at C2 here

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Stevious, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stevious

Darth_Stevious Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    For those of us who were not able to make it to Indianapolis, please post your experiences and impressions of C2. I hope you all had fun and am immensely jealous of you all. :)

2. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    Stevious, if you check this thread out over at Rebelscum.Com:

http://www.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=33

The buzz is that C2 was not good.
    As in Really. Bad.

Sorry to say, as I was hoping to go to C3.

3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I was at a restaurant near my hotel (which is right acroos from the convention center. We were waiting to get seated and Peter Mayhew walked in and stood about 5 feet away from me for a few minutes and was seated.

Darth Clerical also came in the restaurant later on. I told him that Peter was in there. But Clerical can also probably share that story as well. :) There is other cool stuff that I will share later on.

4. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Hopefully the organizers learned lessons this time, and C III will be awesome! I know I'll be going, even if C II wasn't quite so good. I have spoken with a few people who went, and all said it was incredible!

5. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    Looking forward to hearing everyone's stories :)

EDIT:Five years in college and I still haven't learned how to spell ;)

6. galen-kenobi

galen-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    I don't know what they are saying over at Rebelscum, but I had a blast. I'll save any details for tomorrow. I am exhausted.

BTW, was it just me or does Peter Mayhew look like a 7-foot tall Abe Vigoda with a Tiny Tim wig? :)

7. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I will put a more in depth post later, but for now i will say this...I believe that this convention was like Woodstock 99...It had great things to do and see...but there were far too many things that could taint the weekend, like long long LONG lines to do/see things, the fanclub entering first thingy killed our osu fanclub who went as normal entrants, 6 hour waits and 15 bucks a piece for autographs, high prices for merchandise...
    All in all i had a blast and did things I wanted to do but to do one thing meant skipping a hundred more. i cant say that it was bad though, cuz what i did I loved, and will always have great memories of the weekend i spent with 20000 star wars lovers in Indy.

8. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    I, for one, had a great time.
    True, the lines we had to wait in for some things were a bit long and tedious, but it made up for it in the end with the many great lectures, Q&A sessions and the concert Saturday night. The concert alone was worth the entire trip to me. And getting to meet fellow Star Wars fans from around the world was an experience I will always remember with great fondness.
    And yes, it was pretty cool going to dinner in the lobby of our hotel and seeing Peter Mayhew about two tables down from me, as Luuke was saying earlier. :) But I call tell more later. For now, I must sleep.

9. NAVYJEDI

NAVYJEDI Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    I had a great time. I agree the lines were a downer, but I expected them so no biggie. There was a lot to see and do and I think for the most part I saw everything I wanted to see. It was also nice to be around so many die hard fans:)

I was one of the few who stayed at a hotel outside of downtown so getting there was a special treat. We had perfect directions to get there, the only problem was there was a mini marathon going on. Because of that it seemed like the town was cut in half and we couldn't get to the other side. We finally made it across and into the promised land:)

--Did anyone see the booth with the "Revenge of the Jedi" movie poster? I had just finished looking at it and was walking away when someone took a flash photo of it. The owner of the poster freaked out. He was threatening to call security and have the person thrown out. I think that was my only really negative experience there.--

10. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    Yeah, I saw that booth but not until Sunday. Sounds like that guy was a little too protective of it. I don't think it was going to dissolve from the flash. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.