Post your favorite character...

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by DarthArraKul, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a lot of characters, and sometimes I get to play one.
    At the momment, I'm working with Flambairge'.

Quixotic Jedi
    Flambairge' Dolan
    Dex 3d+2
    dodge 5d+2, melee parry 4d+2, melee 5d+2
    Kno 2d+1
    Mec 2d+2
    Per 3d
    Str 3D
    Tec 2d+1
    Sense 3d
    magnify senses, life detection, receptive telepathy
    FP:2
    SP:5
    Sword (4d+1 (str +1d+1))
    1000 credits
    --------------
    Flambairge' grew up alone, in a remote inhospitable area. Even he isn't sure where it was. One thing he did know, is that he wasn't arround many people growing up. His education was provided by a battered old droid and holovids of adventures, including badly made hollywood-style misrepresentatins of Jedi. Just like kids longing to be pirates and swashbucklers, Flambairge' wanted to be that kind of Jedi. Following the examples provided, he spent hours trying to train himself. He opened his mind, just like the great hero Jux 'pqi Diox said to do in The Voyage of the Bon Motti. And he got results--he was able to find animals, and see and hear things far beyond normal human range.
    One day he was found by a scout party, brought to "civilization", and turned over to social services. The sudden presence of thousands of minds began to affect him. After a few weeks, he was turned over for psychiatric evaluation. Based on his history, the Psychiatrists assumed he was acting out, following the role models of the holovids. When the headaches and problems got worse, Flambairge was committed to an asylum. (un)Fortunately, he was able to easily escape, having seen many, many holovids where the hero has to escape ____ prison.
    Flambairge' hid on a small planet hopper. The emptiness of space calmed him down, but also made him feel cut off. Now he travels from place to place, planet to planet, staying as long as his sanity can tolerate, then taking to the stars to recover.

When talking to people, Flambairge' alternates between Romantic, Chissled, Square-jawed, Action Hero, and absolute raving lunatic.
    One day, he may learn some Control, and discipline his mind. One day, he might become a real jedi. Until then, he has the trusty sword he got from a pirate who laughed at him once. Once.
  2. DexRicon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Gonna test out my ability to see D6 stats and point out that that character is fairly new.
    *Side note* Another reason I like d20, any neophyte to the system can point out that a 9th level character is not a weak one at a glance.
  3. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    10 years post NJO....

Archon Dovanan Male Yssani Jedi Consular 11/Sith Acolyte 1* (Cannot use its benefits anymore)

Special abilities: Deathspeak, Skill Focus (Farseeing)

Archon Dovanan was once a tragic story of Luke Skywalkers during the Yuuzhan Vong that eventually turned to one of Luke's greatest successes. A young Yssani recruited with his father from Ossus the Jedi unfortunately sought out the help of a Sith holocron that was buried on Ossus when the Vong took Coruscant and became the apprentice of the mad Sith Lord spirit that dwelled within it. Though he suceeded in destroying countless members of the race, he was little more than a comatose figure of darkness when he was finally taken back to the Jedi Knighthood by Jaina Solo whom discovered the holcoron was also...empty.

Archon after months of recooperating discovered a peculiar ability to speak to the dead and also an incredible skill in seeing the future.

Suggested Actor: Vigo Morgenstern

Appearance: Wearing a blue Jedi robe which has been prepped with a environmental parka (i.e. a plastic like tarp that clings over it usually with a hood and can seal) often loosely tied around it. Archon has a black beard, unkempt hair, and dirt seems to cling to him as well as peculiar smells of death or hostile environments that probably are best not answered about. Archon isn't deliberatly filthy but is apathetic about his appearence due to the fact he often spends days at a time in meditation and hiking across the galaxy's more obscure worlds. He thus has little time for looks and is also aware it wouldn't make much difference to people liking him anyway.

Roleplaying Hints: Archon Dovanan tends to stare at people and sit in corners during most meetings though he has a peculiar amusement in surprising people from the shadows and secretly (or not so secretly) takes a delight in scaring people. Archon isn't actually intentionally cryptic whenever he talks and can occasionally make witicisms about his peculiar words but his tendancy to talk to people not there and about things that haven't happened yet in the past sense gets on people's nerves. Archon dislikes idle conversation for the most part and people easily get on his nerves despite his Jedi status. Those who persist usually find they have ironically gained a friend since he takes that as a sign of caring for more than just appearences. Most likely you will encounter Archon if he wants to speak with you in cemetaries, battlefield memorials, and in the middle of the night.

Capsule: In the period after the Yuuzhan Vong conflict, Archon became known as the "Prophet of the Jedi" and often was known to go on long and bizzare missions seeking out information on the Sith lord that was potentially free and loose in the universe. His prophecies were unerringly accurate but he was not exactly trusted by the Jedi whom considered him dirty, ill kempt, and more than a little obsessive though he had a fondness for light-saber sparring and could often be quite jovial and personable within them.

Specific post-NJO notes: In the storyline which followed the fall of the Galactic Republic into civil war and darkness, Archon Dovanan developed powerful romantic feelings for Jaina Solo which were not at first reciprocated. Eventually Archon Dovavan would marry his sweetheart in the Republic's starfighter-Jedi liason but their union would last a sum total of three months before Archon would be killed in action destroying the very Sith Lord that he unleashed onto the galaxy. Their child Anakin Dovanon-Solo would grow up to become a powerful Jedi though strangely distant from the rest of the clan as if never entirely in the present or future. Archon's history would be most noted for a book of 1001 prophecies that stretched for ten thousand years into the future and supposadly towards the end of time as well as mentoring Ben Skywalker in the ways of the Force.

2000 years post ANH

Fuji Goemon Male Yssani Jedi Guardian 10/Jedi Master 1

Special Abilities: Skill focus (Lightsaber)

Suggested actor:
  4. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
    any others out there????
  5. MethaneDealer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name: Shortatha Race: Male Wookiee
    Class: ForceAdept8/Soldier2/Jedi Guardian2 Hair: Brown Ht: 2.3m Wt: 166kg Age: 87

Str: 22 (26)* WP/VP: 21/138(162)
    Dex: 17 DSP: 0
    Con: 18 Rep: +8
    Int: 14 Def: 28(26)
    Wis: 16
    Cha: 16 (Ridiculously high stats, I know)

Feats:
    Class feats, Force Sensitive, Alter, Control, Sense, Toughness, Starship Operation (space transport), Stamina, Martial Arts, Defensive Martial Arts, Improved Crit. (ryyk blade), Force Pilot, Skill Emphasis (pilot), Heroic Surge

Skills:
    Astrogate +7, Computer Use +2, Craft (lightsaber) +11, Craft (bowcaster) +11, Craft (electronics) +11, Demolitions +7, Intimidate +16, Knowledge (Force) +7, Pilot +14, Profession (starship mechanic) +7, Repair +11, Treat Injury +3, Climb +8, Handle Animal +3, Hide +3, Jump +6, Listen +3, Sense Motive +3, Spot +3, Survival +3, Swim +6, Balance +3, Tumble +8, Battlemind +16, Heal Self +17, Move Object +3, Enhance Ability +19

Equipment:
    Ryyk blade# (2-hd) 2d6+9+1d8
    Bowcaster
    Blaster carbine
    4 thermal detonators
    Lightsaber
    Heavy repeating blaster
    "Star Dragon" (modified YT-2400)
    Ikes-Adno speeder bike
    Leather chaps (so his hair doesn't get burned on the bike engine)
    Goggles (so bugs don't get in his eyes)

*Parentheses indicate Wookiee Rage
    #The GM decided to let me use a larger version of the ryyk blade, it looks like a cross between a meat cleaver and a cutlass.

Basically, Shortatha (which means "deadly claw") was banished from Kashyyk for the accidental death of his prankster brother. Shortatha was hunting one day when he was attacked by a pack of katarns, losing his bowcaster in the process. The only way he could save his life was to fight with his claws (which is considered dishonorable and a sign of madness). He fought them off and was on his way back to his hut when his brother leapt out of a tree onto his back. Exhausted from his narrow escape from the katarns, Shortatha attacked his brother in a blind fury, not realizing what's throat he tore out with his bare hands until it was far too late. The elders of his village were sympathetic to the circumstances (which is why they allowed him to live instead of executing him for fratricide), so he was only banished. Shortatha has now spent his entire life living with this guilt and trying to prove that he is not a crazed murderer. That was when he met Dantis Feln, the last surviving Jedi Knight (our game was a radical departure from the movies). Dantis trained Shortatha in ways that he had never explored, though Shortatha still prefers to use his ryyk blade instead of his lightsaber. Shortatha was one of the few characters to survive our little jaunt on a Sith held asteroid base, mostly because he absorbed most of the damage for everyone else (except Dantis, who lost an arm). The funny this is that because Shortatha raged in that fight, he survived, but when he calmed back down, he passed out (no vitality left, silly me!).
  6. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
    i would have to say that one of my favorites is the mighty PC/NPC Daxxus Shane

Daxxus is an iotran... who was originally played by my friend kevin. he was a bounty hunter from the old WEG system. if anyone out there remembers the pic in the original books give a hooha.

he was one of the early additions to my long running campaign. in addition to being the group butt-whupper he was also the comedy relief. a man in serch of his credits for bounty he set out in search of prey. one of his first major contracts was on the jedi tormai dagon. after much hunting and much blaster fire Tormai convinced Daxxus to use his skills for the forces of good

one of my favorite things about daxxus was that he helped me develop the background for the iotran people(((( this was before the sourcebooks))). they became in my campaign a race of militants from a smoke infested world. thus the penchant for dramatic cigarette lightings.. followed by Kevs catchphrase... " i light up"

over time daxxus had to fight against his violent nature , seesawing between light and dark.however he always remined loyal to his friends no matter his nature. eventually along with the mercenary Lemmac he decides that that cybernetics are the way to go.

from this point on daxxus becomess less and less natural , more machine than man. (( all the while with bigger guns))). eventually kev had to leave the group , and daxxus became a star NPC. feared by foes everywhere.

one of his most perilous moments is when the heros finally got to meet Dart ArraKul for the first time. the dark jedi had been a baehind the scenes villain for years . the dark jedi used his force powers on Daxxus and rippede the cybernetics from his body. this gave an entire story arc to daxxus on regain his lost power.

as the galaxy grew past the empire daxxus became one of the heads of the new bounty hunters guild. all leading up to his condition in the post NJO era where he exists in a hermetic chamber, his body ravaged by years of abuse and cybernetics, a shutin hid from the galaxy (( almost in a howard hughes like way)))

the remain question is ... does Daxxus have one last adventure in him???
  7. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't find Galen's character sheet. :mad:

I'm tempted to clean my room to see if he turns up.
  8. HanyBezem Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name: Bez-Han Aylaw
    Race: Human
    Homeworld: New Aspon
    Saber Type: Single
    Blade colour: Purple
    Afflication: Jedi
    Force Abilities: Force Push, Force pull, Force Jump, Force Heal, Force Scense, Force Lightning ( Please note that there is no natural force power for the Dark or Light It's how you use it)

Bio:

Born on New Aspon. Lived on Aspon for 6 years until a courcant Trade Shuttle found him and picked him to to the jedi temple.

Once in the jedi temple, he passed his tests quite easily and was accepted to be trained. He proved a worthy warriour as he was the only pupil at the age of 14 to begin studing FORM 7. He was also quite a NERD character as he loved to study about the stars and it's Coordinates.

At the age of 14 no master had come to take him as a padwan. Normaly the jedi student would be sent to work on coursant elsewere. But in his case they let him stay for 1 more year.

A wise jedi master Soy-Wan Chin noticed his talent and finnaly took him as a padwan learner. They became great friends and co-operated well woth each other. However the council was afraid that they might form an attachment but decided to leave things how they are and see what happens.

Bez-Han's Best friens Andrea Kwi'teksa ( Female Twi'lek) and Como bera ( Male Mon calimari) also got chosen by masters.

At the outbreak of the CLONE WARS, Bez-Han was specially chosen by the council with the task force of jedi to rescue Anakin Skywalker, Obi wan Kenobi and Padme Amidalia.
    Bez-Han Was really eager to start as Anakin had been a good friend in the council and there was no way that he was not getting involved!!

When he arrived he fought bravly with the other jedi and when they started to go down Bez-han Hid in one of the Areana seats. When the clone ships arrived at the last moment Bez-Han burst out of his hidding place and hopped on to one. He was then sent back to the Jedi Council to await further instuctions.......
  9. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Force Abilities: Force Push, Force pull, Force Jump, Force Heal, Force Scense, Force Lightning ( Please note that there is no natural force power for the Dark or Light It's how you use it)

Canonically -- you're wrong.
    According to the rules of the game -- you're wrong.

So here on THIS Forum -- you're wrong, so please don't purport that as "fact."
  10. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
  11. HanyBezem Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's not a Fact. It's just in my Roleplaying gmae it is.

Sorry if i insulted or anoyyed any one.
  12. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
    anyone else out there have anything?
  13. Ortolan_Pilot Jedi Padawan

i've never actually roleplayed, but i enjoy making character backgrounds just in case i ever decide to. My favorite is Dassa, an Ortolan pilot (hence my username). i spent more than a little time on his bio, but here it is. enjoy.

Name: Yeldarb "Dassa" Noskaj

Type: Scoundrel

Species: Ortolan

He's fairly overweight with a bit of a beer gut and has a dark blue body with black eyes. you can tell he's seen better days and usually sports day-old stubble. When first meeting him, he appears gruff and nonchalant. He has a scar down the back of his neck from a cantina brawl 6 years ago. He wears baggy pants with several pockets and a brown nerfhide vest with no shirt underneath, and fingerless gloves; he goes barefoot. He carries a medium size blaster on his belt. Born on the Mid Rim planet Ord Fissai, Dassa never knew his birth mother, who died giving birth to him. because his mother lived on the streets, she had no relatives, so Dassa was passed back and forth between his mother's shady friends until he was put in an orphanarium at age three. He lived there until age 5 when he was adopted by an Ortolan couple who lived on Ord Fissai. He lived an average life as a kid. when he became a teenager, he began to show a passion for swoop racing. Although his parents didn't approve, they did enroll him in the Ord Fissai Piloting Academy when he was 17. He graduated 7 years later twenty third in his class. From there, his talent was discovered by the Ord Fissai Security Corps. After 3 years of special training, he was accepted on the Ord Fissai Senator's Security Squadron, Swoop Squadron. Along with Dassa, 11 other pilots made up Swoop Squadron. They were: Kressem Tossel, a male Sluissi; Attiae'Dem, a Twilek female; Jorltie Yembo, a male Anx; Mung Toole, a male Ithorian; Dway "Death Wish" Pimmet, a male Bith; Voing, a female Dug; Ternostal, a male Xexto; Furrl Sitro, a male Sullustan; Escoll Cellt, a male Human; Blits Ron, a male Gran; and Lon Chugix, a male Aqualish. Dassa flew security for OF's senator for nine years until, during a routine trip to Coruscant, he made the mistake of taking spice. He became instantly addicted and was dismissed with honors from the Corps. For the next 2 years, he hit rock bottom and lived on the streets, doing anything for another hit of spice. One day, he realized how low he had sunk and checked in to a clinic, where he got clean after 9 months of rehab. He got a job driving cabs in the entertainment district, where his only friend was K-L22, a cleaning droid. He had been doing this job for five years when i started playing him. Though he used to be a really nice guy when he was a pilot on swoop squadron, nowadays, Dassa is quiet and introverted. Though he seems overly gruff and ruthless, he's still a nice guy; but only the people that know him best, such as K-L22 can see that. He only acts the way he does because he's seen life and how bad it can be and it's given him a shocking view of reality. He is extremely loyal to the few companions that he has, but won't hesitate to abandon a stranger without a second thought.In the words of Jango Fett, Dassa is just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe. He hopes one day to make it back to his home of Ord Fissai and live the basic family life in Timlah city: white picket fence, wife, kids, the whole nine yards. But this is just a dream that will probably never happen as a result of his wrong decisions.

Like? hate? oh well, he's my character either way.

-OP
  14. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
  15. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
    well.. right now i have a pretty good core of characters in my sessions that i am running...

and so far this is probabbly my favorite group of characters

we have

Jaice Cale.. padawan jedi guardian, and aspiring battlemaster

Joku Bu.. pilot and wealthy philanthropist who is working on becoming a master of hand to hand combat

Syrena Diyaron.. queen of the planet Marlavva, and searching for her kidnapped parents

Jerec Tabanne.. a freedom warrior, a man sworn to the jedi cause even tho he cannot feel the force

Hymmn-Vo.. a Drathos jedi master/ investigator... trying to unravel the mystery of the mandalorian attacks, the missing royal family of marlavva, and the strange new menace from the sith all at the same time

Kerrek... a Lepi space marshal... (( in other words a bounty hunter in the making))

Keth Goran... former body double for the now-mising king of marlavva . he was thrown into a cell and left to rot by the cloned impersonators.. now hes out and he has a king to find

Tiny.. 8 inches tall.. a Wyvrmian... parasite, scoundrel, and all around yes-man.. he has attached himself to Joku Bu
  16. Yaj_Enroy Jedi Padawan

um do Internet RP characters count also?
  17. Yaj_Enroy Jedi Padawan

um do Internet RP characters count also?
  18. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
  19. dan-yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    I've only used him once but he's awsome.

Male Mon Calamari: Age 20
    Jedi Guardian: Level 1
    Eyes: Yellow
    Hair: None.
    Skin: Brown with purple spots.
    Sex: Male
    Strength: 14
    Dex: 17
    Con: 19
    15: Int
    11: Wis
    17: Cha
    Vitality: 5 per level:
    Wound Points: 19
    Defense: 17
    Speed: 10
    Initiative: 7
    Base Attack Bonus: +1
    Fort save: +2
    Ref save: +2
    Will save: +1
    Melee Attack Bonus: +5
    Ranged attack Bonuses: +8
    Force Points: 2
    Skills: Balance, Climb, Computer, Craft (droids), Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Technology), Pilot, Profession (droid programmer), Tumble, Escape artist, handle animal, repair, treat injury, swim.
    Feat: Exotic weapon proficiency (lightsaber), force-sensitive, weapon group proficiency (blaster pistols), weapon group proficiency (simple weapons), Deflect (defense), Alter.
    Credits: 100
    Equipment: Lightsaber, pistol, credit chip, breath mask, comlink, grappling spike launcher.
  20. Jedi_Knight_Jonas Force Ghost

star 3
    Sarah Nova: Adult Female Cathar, Jedi Guardian 7; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 19 (+3 Dex, +6 Class); Spd 12m; VP/WP 57/17; Atk +10/+5 ranged (by weapon), +11/+6 melee * (3d8+1, crit 19-20, Lightsaber), +8/+3 melee (1d3+1, punch), +8/+3 melee (1d6+1, claw); SQ Claws, Deflect (Attack -4, Defense +1, Extend Defense and Attack), Increase Lightsaber damage +1d8; SV Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +5; SZ M; FP: 3; DSPs: 2; Rep: +2; Str 13, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 13.
    Equipment: Lightsaber
    * Sarah has constructed her own Lightsaber.
    Skills: Craft (lightsaber) +4, Jump +6, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +4, Pilot +6, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Catharese, Speak Basic, Speak Catharese, Tumble +8
    Force Skills: Affect Mind +6, Battlemind +6, Enhance Ability +6, Force Defense +7, Force Stealth +10, Force Strike +8, Move Object +8
    Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Power Attack, Toughness, Weapon Finesse (Lightsaber), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)
    Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Lightsaber Defense, Sense
  21. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
  22. DarthArraKul Jedi Master

star 2
    any new favorite characters?
  23. MasterKazur Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nice name, huh? Jack was a character played by a friend of mine in a campaign that lasted just about 3 years.

He was basically born on Alderaan where he met his wife, who later died (decease). Jack was left to take care of her 3 year old son. Jack had at this point been working for the Rebel Alliance with his wife som some time and when she died he introduced his step-son to the Rebels. Since then Jack has had many adventures throughout the galaxy with his 4 companions (one of them his step-son). He now serves as a Jedi Instructor on Luke Skywalkers Jedi Academy on Yavin 4.
    But Jacks path down the ways of the Jedi began when he was just 16 and working as a navigator for a team of explorers which he had joined 1 years earlier on Alderaan. They were exploring way beyond the outer rim when Jack came across some ancient Jedi scrolls in a old forgotton temple.
    That opened his eyes to the ways of the Force. Ironically his real training wouldn't begin until shortly before his 30th birthday when he and his step-son began training under Master Kazur. A Jedi Master in hiding on the peaceful forrest moon of Seltos.
    Jack has since then become one of the most powerful and respected Master of the NJO.

Jack Starworld: Male Human Scout 2/Jedi Guardian 8/Jedi Master 2; Init +2 (Dex); Defense 20 (+8 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 70/15; Atk +14/+9/+4* melee (4d8+1/19-20 crit, lightsaber) or +13/+8/+3 ranged; SQ Deflect (defense +1), deflect (attack -4), deflect (extend defense and attack), trailblazing, force secret (Heal Another); SV Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +12; SZ M; FP 7; DSP 1; Rep +3; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 16, Wis 15, Cha 14.
    *Jack has constructed his own lightsaber.
    Equipment: Lightsaber, comlink, datapad, cable dispenser, aquata breather.
    Skill: Astrogate +6, Climb +6, Computer Use +6, Craft (lightsaber) +8, Diplomacy +6, Gather Information +8, Hide +4, Jump +6, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +9, Knowledge (systems) +5, Listen +4, Move Silently +4, Pilot +7, Repair +5, Search +4, Spot +4, Survival +4, Swim +2, Treat Injury +3.
    Force Skills: Affect Mind +9, Empathy +4, Enhance Ability +6, Enhance Senses +7, Farseeing +6, Heal Another +13, Heal Self +8, Move Object +9, See Force +8, Telepathy +5.
    Feats: Exotic Weapon (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Iron Will, Starship Operation (space transports), Weapon Finesse (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, simple weapons).
    Force Feats: Alter, Attuned, Compassion, Control, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Mind Trick, Sense.

24. JediLeeora Jedi Master

star 3
    Adina Leeora: Teenage jedi aprentice
    Dex:4d Str:4d Per:2d+1 Knowledge:2d Mech:4d+1 Tech:2d
    Lightsaber:7d+2

Equiptment:lightsaber,comlink,and a blaster pistol.

Backround:Adina runs around the galaxy with fellow jedi aprentices snoop and ragdar. They engage the yuuzhan vong and skrew with the fate of the galaxy by disobeying orders.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.