post your favorite plays

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by tom, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom Force Ghost

star 6
  2. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
  3. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 9
    Secretariat's romp to victory in the Belmont is one of America's great sporting moments. Unbelievable then and now.

Speaking of that, one of my favorites.

The two best points of the greatest tennis match ever played. Federer's response was a breathtaking display of skill, and it was the kind of shot that perhaps only the two men on the court that day could have made.
  4. tom Force Ghost

star 6
    lol, aikman and buck are the masters of understating the moment. you'd think that was just a pretty routine play in a game that's not very important. they don't even mention the fact that he had the ball pinned against his helmet with one hand.

josh, i wonder what you think of one of the comments someone left about nadal/fed, that in order for nadal to compete at fed's level he had to destroy his body. i suppose the injuries could just be bad luck or things that would have happened anyway, but that does have a ring of truth to me.
  5. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Derek Fisher's 0.4 second buzzer beater in 2004 West-Semi's

Not just a great Laker moment, but an all time great NBA (playoff) moment. I remember being so giddy after wards, that I had ran outside & yelled like a maniac, for all my neighbor's to hear. Not to forget: Duncan hit a shot with that 0.4 seconds left on the clock, to give the Spurs a 1 point lead.

Russell Martin hits a walk off grand slam to beat the Pirates, late April, 2007

Though the Dodgers would end missing the playoffs that season, this was one of the highlights, made extra special as me & my father were in attendance (left field bleachers). One of my personal favorite Dodger Stadium memories.

2008-2009 L.A. Lakers: World Champions!:cool:

6. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    This was the moment in Texas A&M basketball history and what put us on the map as a contender in basketball.

Acie Law and the shot
  7. Darth_Furio SFTC Winner/SWC Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 8
  8. icqfreak Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  9. DarthIntegral Manager Emeritus and SFTC August Megachamp

star 8
    Holy Buckeye

4th and 1, possible National Championship slipping away and Jim Tressel, yes THAT Jim Tressel, goes over the top for a big game-winning touchdown pass. You go from "watch for the sneak" to "hold crap he called a pass play" to "holy crap he's going long" to "oh my god he caught it!"

Lebron's Buzzer Beater in Game 2 vs. Magic last year

Just an amazing shot, and it gave me a euphoric feeling that is never felt about Cleveland sports. I'll never forget feeling what I felt after that shot went through. Nevermind that we lost that series, that moment will ALWAYS be magical for me.

Lebron Dunk in game 5 vs. Pistons in 2007

Lots of great Lebron plays from this game, especially down the stretch. I love this one mainly for Teyshaun Prince cowering in fear as Lebron throws it down.

Worst layup ever

David Wesley (of the Cavs) with the worst attempted layup in the history of organized basketball. EVER.
  10. tom Force Ghost

star 6
    shawn kemp monster dunk

aside from watching montana hook up with rice, this is probably the best play i've seen in person. i've seen it on a ton of "best dunks of all-time" lists. shawn kemp is still one of my favorite players ever.
  11. xblackout Jedi Master

star 4
    Just thinking about that shot fills me with so much emotion. I can hardly even deal with watching it. That...that was unbelievable. I was a new basketball fan at that point and I had only watched a handful of games prior to this. My mom had gotten up to go to the bathroom & could hear my dad and I screaming across the house. We both jumped off the couch and just screamed and high fived and hugged each other. It was unbelievable. And Mo's reaction to it is just as good as the shot itself.

So that's also my choice.
  12. Darth McClain Manager Emeritus

star 6
  13. rechedelphar Jedi Master

star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.