Post your idea for how THE duel starts

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DarthHomer, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHomer Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay, so how would you like the fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin to begin?
    Here's my version. It's a little rough, but you should get the idea:

I think that Anakin will have already committed some evil act before Obi-Wan confronts him and tries to turn him back to the light side. I think that it will look like Padme died (perhaps it's only her decoy, but Anakin doesn't know that) and Anakin will blame the Jedi Council for not letting him save her. Maybe Palpatine has been whispering in his ear, fueling his doubt and hatred of his fellow Jedi.
    Anyway, Anakin confronts a senior Jedi (Mace Windu, or maybe another Jedi Master) and the two get into a heated argument.
    At the same time, Obi-Wan has done some investigating and has discovered that the Dark Lord of the Sith has been influencing Anakin. He rushes to stop his padawan before it's too late.
    Meanwhile, Anakin draws his saber in anger and the other Jedi is forced to defend himself. Anakin's rage breaks through the other Jedi's defences and he strikes him down, leaving the Jedi Master mortally wounded. Anakin angrily brags about killing any other Jedi who stands in his way. The fallen Master nobly declares that even if Anakin kills him, there will be other Jedi who will stop him.

ANAKIN: Oh, really? Who will stop me now?

Before Anakin can deliver the death blow, a voice shouts off-screen.

OBI-WAN: Anakin!

Anakin turns round, surprised to see his master. Obi-Wan ignites his saber.

OBI-WAN: Step away from him, now.

Anakin forgets about the other Jedi and slowly walks towards Obi-Wan.

ANAKIN: I'm sorry, master. I know I must be a great disappointment to you. But it doesn't have to end this way. You can walk away now, and I'll spare your life.

OBI-WAN: (determined) I don't think so.

ANAKIN: I always knew you'd side with the council against me. They let Padme die!

OBI-WAN: No, they didn't. You have been deceived, my young padawan. The dark side clouds your mind. Listen to reason!

ANAKIN: I don't want to listen to any more of your lies!

Anakin runs at Obi-Wan, saber held high. Duel of the Fates begins playing as their sabers clash.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .
  2. Jabachile Jedi Master

star 4
    I always pictured that Padmé died and Palpatine manipulated Anakin into thinking Obi-Wan did it. Here's what I picture:

There is a massive battle on Naboo. The Clones have recently turned on the Jedi, and they are fighting for survival.

Suddenly, as we see OBI-WAN KENOBI defending himself, ANAKIN SKYWALKER comes leaping from a moving ship, tackling Obi-Wan.

Amist this huge battle, while defending themeselves, Obi-Wan and Anakin fight a huge duel.

Suddenly, a Jedi ship is hit by some clones, and the insane, unsuspecting Anakin is crushed by it. Obi-Wan is thrown back about 20 yards, knocked unconscious.
  3. Darth_Dragon_7 Force Ghost

star 4
    I love your idea Darthhomer. That would be an awesome way to start the battle. I personally haven't given a whole lot of though to how the battle starts. All I know is words can't describe how anxious I am for Ep III.
  4. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That does sound like a good start, though I'm having a hard time of seeing Anakin killing any Jedi, it'd make seeing all these other battles kinda boring after a while.
  5. Emperor_Billy_Bob Chosen One

star 7
    I would like to see Obi-Wan go fighter to fighter in space against Anakin, they both crash land and the duel starts.
  6. Naked_Jango Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think it starts like this.

Obi Wan sends Anakin to a chamber to meditate on what he's done. Well, Anakin doesn't want to meditate, so he cranks the radio up full blast, to his favorite song (incidentally, one that would be remade years later by the Max Rebo band.)

Obi Wan can't meditate with all the racket from Anakin's chamber, so he bangs on the door. He can't go in because Anakin locked the door. He yells at Anakin to turn down the music. Anakin defies him and Kenobi starts to become impatient. Kenobi tells him again to turn the music down, because nobody can meditate with that lousy music blaring. Again, Anakin defies Kenobi. Finally, Kenobi has had enough.

Kenobi uses his force powers to unlock the door and enter the chamber. Anakin looks at him with a glare and a spark of evil. Obi Wan strides to the music box and slams it off.

"You never let me listen to 'Jedi Rock!' You always try to keep me down!" Anakin moans in his adolescent tone.

Obi Wan counters, "There is a time for everything, Anakin. Now is the time for meditation and reflection. Now, no more of this garbage until you are done meditating!"

Anakin's nostrils start to flare. He is engulfed in darkness and when he cannot wait a second longer, he leaps off the bed and strikes at an unsuspecting Obi Wan. Obi Wan deftly parries the near deadly blow and the duel begins.

They continue to duel throughout the lava filled swamp area of the temple located on the planet Naboogobah.
  7. DarthHomer Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks, Darth Dragon! :)
  8. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    I always pictured it as Anakin in dark robes that Vader wore, without the armor and electronic stuff. I picture it in the same hangar on Geonosis. Obi-Wan is standing inside, looking at the corpse of Count Dooku. A tall dark robed man walks in.

Vader: Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan: Anakin.

Vader: Anakin? Anakin is dead, my friend.

Obi-Wan: It's not too late for you.

Vader: I'm afraid you are wrong Kenobi. (Anger rises in voice)Where is Padme?

Obi-Wan: Safe from you.

Vader: You were my teacher, and you failed.

Obi-Wan: You failed.

Vader: None of this would have happened if Qui-Gon was alive.

Obi-Wan: Don't fall into the temptations of the dark side Anakin.

Vader: (Angry voice) I told you that Anakin is dead! I am Darth Vader!

Vader ignites his lightsaber and swings at Kenobi's head. Obi-Wan quickly ignites his saber and blocks.

Vader: You still are quick.

Kenobi swings at Vader, but Vader easily blocks Kenobi's swings.

Vader: You are wasting your time. I am stronger now.

The fierce saber battle rages on, as the two duel, slowly they move towards the edge of the hangar.

Obi-Wan: Anakin, I'm sorry.

Obi-Wan force pushes Vader out of the hangar, and he falls down a hill of sharp rocks. His body reaches the bottom of the mountain, cut up badly.
  9. Oakessteve Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I had an idea of how the duel could start a few days ago. I think it might be rather cool if Yoda was to confront Palpatine. Palpatine uses the Force lightning on Yoda, who manages to deflect it like he does with Dooku. Palpatine then smiles, and says, "It was I who taught Dooku that," and then increases the Force lightning, sending Yoda flying backwards, unable to deflect it anymore. Yoda is almost dead, but rather than delivering the killing blow himself, as a test of his new apprentice's loyalty, he askes Anakin to do it. For some reason, Palpatine goes off somewhere, so it's just Yoda and Anakin on their own. Yoda tries to convince Anakin to turn back to the Light Side, but Anakin doesn't listen. He is about to deliver the killing blow, when who enters the room, but........Obi-Wan. Then, as their duel starts, Yoda manages to get away.

What do you lot think? This would both explain why Yoda dies all of a sudden in Return of the Jedi, as he could be slowly dying from the injuries he sustained from his encounter with Palpatine, and it would be Obi-Wan's way of paying back Yoda for saving him from being killed by Dooku. It might work!
  10. smauldookie Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    anakin catches obi wan trying to get some loving from padme.

anakin ask what the hell he's doing. obi tells him to shut your piehole and get him some deathsticks. so he could relax padem. obi jedi mind trick doesn't work on padme being padme is soo hard headed.

anakin hates it when obi treats him like a slave and pulls out his lightsabor. tells obi "look old man, watch what you say to me or else." obi turns around lookin at anakin and says " or else what?."

AND THE DUEL BEGINS!

padme is sitting down on her loveseat watching the two jedi fight over her, getting high over it.
  11. Slave-2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Obi Wan has always had a soft spot for those jedi children (especially little Liam!) and when he walks into the training room to find Anakin cutting all their heads off in one fell swoop, he decides to take revenge on the childrens behalf 8-}.
  12. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My idea was akin to DarthHomer's, in that Obi-Wan witnessess Anakin impale Mace.

Anakin's last words to Mace:

"Now. Who is too old...old man?"

(Referring to Mace calling Anakin too old to train in TPM)
  13. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    to Naked_Jango. k, but how do they get from their apartment to dueling in front of the lava pit? you lost me there.

because i am an obi/padme 'shipper, here's another theory:

padme continually hangs out with obi-wan (as friends) but palpatine or some other sith lord, twists it, making it look like (to anakin) that padme & obi-wan are having an affair behind his back. so our boys duel over padme (obi-wan tries to convince him he's wrong, but ani won't listen to obi-wan. ani eventually slips and falls into the pit.he does catch onto something; obi-wan tries to pull him back out but ani falls anyway, leaving behind his lightsabre. supposedly, it dropped to the ground as ani slipped.

how's that sound?
  14. AnakinSlave Jedi Knight

star 3
    Somehow Padme will provoke the final duel. Alive or dead.
  15. Masterjabba Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is it absolutely certain that there is a duel between Anakin and ObiWan?
  16. Jabachile Jedi Master

star 4
    Hayden said that he has to workout this summer because he and Ewan are filming a fight next summer that's attempting to be the biggest duel in movie history.
  17. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "filming a fight next summer that's attempting to be the biggest duel in movie history."

That may be his "childhood-dream" interpretation of it, but not George Lucas'. If they attempt to do that, then I think it will fail miserably.
  18. DarthHomer Force Ghost

star 5
    But it will be the biggest duel in movie history! Or I'll ask for my money back :)
  19. smauldookie Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    they will try to out due all duel on previous starwars films.

yoda/dooku duel was shorter but way better then the 3 way duel on TPM.

IAM SURE IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT AND EPIC. just seeing anakin with all his angry and taken it out on obi-wan will be soooo awsome!!
  20. SithLordNemesis Jedi Padawan

I think the whole Palp tricking Anakin into thinking it was the Jedi Council who let Padme die is right. But what I want to know is how Obi-Wan and Anakin end up over something hot.
  21. SDPadres13 Jedi Padawan

"But what I want to know is how Obi-Wan and Anakin end up over something hot."

Well, there's always Tatooine, and that has lava. Obi- Wan could be taking Luke to the Lars'. Then again, wouldn't Anakin therefore be able to find out where Luke was being stashed away?

There also could be the introduction of a new planet. Maybe Obi-Wan (and Mace) follow Anakin and Palpy to some Sith Planet where the Dark Lords are inducted. They're, of course, thinking of turning him back to the Light Side. And, this planet, being some "Planet of the Sith" is obviously gonna have big, nasty volcanoes and such.
  22. Oakessteve Manager Emeritus

star 6
  23. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think Yoda will fight, but the only problem is, I can't see him running. So perhaps he comes at the last minute and saves Kenobi's butt? I mean, the PT seems to have a two on one for every major lightsaber battle, with some one on ones scattered throughout.
  24. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    But what I want to know is how Obi-Wan and Anakin end up over something hot.

There are many possibilites for this.

One could be a return to Geonosis, for whatever reason. Being a gaseous planet, it is sure to have some volcanic activity somewhere.

Another could be Coruscant. Sometimes, Lucas goes back to old concepts from the OT and uses them in the PT. Such is the case with the air whales in AOTC. One location, based on concept designs from Ralph McQuarrie that I would think would be interesting, would be the northern Coruscant polar works, seen here:

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Locations/Coruscant/coruscant3.jpg]

Such a location could have heated vats.

Getting back to old concept art, another popular theory is that the duel would take place in a similar location such as this:

(cut & paste because the url is too long for slowboards)

http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Art/Ralph_McQuarrie/Return_of_the_Jedi/rmqroj4.jpg

The volcanic lair that was originally concieved to be the home of Darth Vader, and then (as seen in this painting), the lair of the Sith in ROTJ.
  25. Naked_Jango Jedi Knight

star 1
    AERYN_SUN: Sorry, I fogot to mention that the place they are living is in the slums, and has several 'health code violations', one major one is the molten metal moat surrounding the building. Sorry...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.