Post your pics here!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Jacen, Jan 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin
  1. surlygirlie Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Mirax, thank you so much!
    Yeah, that Bespin gown really devoured a significant chunk of my life... but it was worth it. :)

Thanks again for the kind words!

-sg
  2. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    You're very welcome. I thought the travel gown was incredible. Honestly, If I didn't know you had made it I would have thought it was the real thing and Natalie was wearing it. How long have you been doing this for. I can't imagine I would ever beable to make something quite like that. I just started sewing, wishing I had learned years ago.
  3. surlygirlie Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I've been sewing since I was around 3, according to my parents, so that's over a quarter of a century (I'm 30). I've worked for various and sundry costume shops through the years, but now, it's strictly for fun. Somehow, getting paid to do this stuff takes the creative fun out of it for me.

And believe me, on the road of my sewing experience, there are a LOT of ugly garments! Not everything comes out right, and even the ones that do often need a good bit of tweaking.

But that's just part of the fun. :)

-sg
  4. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Here is beginning of the [link=http://www.azeem2000.com/imperialguard/images/fullcloak1.jpg]Kir Kanos[/link] outfit to go with my Carnor Jax.

The cloak is double slit (even though I have only one arm out. And I have to find the eye shield :(

5. surlygirlie Manager Emeritus

star 4
    The costume looks great, Azeem!
    I really like the kitty cat sidekick. Very menacing. ;)

-sg
  6. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
  7. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    That is my cat, Madcat. (named for the mech, not because he is crazy :)

Well, he is a little crazy.
  8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    surlygirlie's costumes are just gorgeous...*sigh* I must say her work, and the work of others around here, inspire me to try harder and do better on my own attempts. :)
  9. ladystar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Surlygirlie those costumes are fantastic. I swear that it's Natalie sitting in the chair (in both gowns)!!
    You do awesome work. What are you wearing for the celebration??
  10. surlygirlie Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Azeem, all cats are crazy. That's just how they're wired.

Obi-Dawn and ladystar, thank you very very much! The praise of fellow costumers is always a big honor, in my book.

Alas, it doesn't look like we'll make it to Celebration. We shot our vacation budget on our anniversary trip... so everybody will have to have a little extra fun on our behalf, and get lots of pictures!

-sg
Moderators: Briannakin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.