main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Post your reactions here.......

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedibri, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I'm not going to see Epi.II at mid-night (Kids to take care of) So PLEASE everyone post your comments about the movie here.

2. Vader1029

Vader1029 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    Bummer!! You can't find a sitter...?

3. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000
    Not during the week. We have a 4 year old Daughter and a 6 week old Son. Don't worry I'm going just about all weekend :D .

4. Darth_Stevious

Darth_Stevious Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    What can I say? It was great! I can't wait to see it again at 3:10 this afternoon with Jordan. He is going to love it and so are all of you who didn't get to go to the midnight showing!

5. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    Yoda............Lightsaber...............still twitching.............. ;-)
    Best Star Wars movie ever!!

Chris

6. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    one word amazing:)

7. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    All I can say is Holy *********************!!!! That was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, and the money I spent on the advanced tickets was more than worth it. Spiderman's days are over, and the new superhero award goes to your favorite jedi master(as well as comedian) and mine, Yoda. The CGI was downright breathtaking, the action heart-stopping, and the suspense was unbelieveable. If there are more of you who haven't seen it yet, I recommend you find a way to because you are gonna want to see it again and again before monday.

An overview of the night for those of you who weren't in attendence: We arrived at the lennox around 4:35 and were joined by the rest of the OSU team, as well as Lazer and Darth William between 4:45 and 8. Over the course of that time, we passed out at least 100 flyers, played a few rounds of the card game, and let our suspense build by staging lightsaber battles all night long. They let us into the theater around 11:00, then we got into the theater around 11:15. Show started around 12:15 I would say, then, after a kickass matrix sequel/prequel preview, the show commenced. Let's say it was a life-altering experience...

Definitely worth the wait, and while comedic at times, Lucas seems to have developed a sense of humor since episode 1...well, developed a DARK sense of humor, anyway... For those of you who haven't seen it, I must say, while empire and jedi are my all time favs, this one has come into its own as one of the greats, and episode 1 has had its hand in building this installment to its fullest. WOW. Wow. wow... OH MY GOD!!!I so can't wait til later today...It is going to absolutely rock. Have fun, everyone, stay safe, and SEE THIS MOVIE!!!
    CJ

8. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    That movie was unbelievable! I would have posted my thoughts earlier, but I have been sleeping! Anyways, for those of you who haven't seen it yet, the Yoda fight is absolutely amazing!!!! You will not be dissapointed!

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I went at midnite and have tickets for 7:eek:op.m. tonite.I thought Obi/Ani humor was good.Yoda was worth the price of admission,and hereing QGJs voice thru Yoda"No,Anikin,No".In case you did not read the book and did not know the voice,it was QGJ. He has finally spoken from the force.[still his thoughts are with anakin] Ani has that innocent,but almost evil look in his eyes.Maybe George saw it too.PEACE Ewen

10. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Wow!!!!

Incredible. I can't wait to see it again. Just to take it all in.

One other thing, Hayden acting was BRILLIANT. Even the love scenes. I always disagree with critics. But their bashing of Hayden's acting is possibly the most OFF THE MARK criticisms I have EVER seen. His scene with Padme in the Lars' garage where he confesses a certain act, moved me in a chilling way that I was almost horrifying to hear him say it. I nominate him for an Oscar!!!

Wow!!!

11. weirdojedi

weirdojedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this movie was absolutly amazing, brilliant plot twits.....and when yoda goes nuts, I nearly jumped out of my seat with excited shock.....the whole place went in an uproar...his wry humor is VERY funny, much better than the lame puns threepio throws out there...which would have to be a minor complaint, and my only complaint....there are lots of new filimg styles, AND lots of nearly identical ones from the originals...its just so all encompassing greatness, it really adds alot to the entire series, not just EP1, i read somwhere that this movie makes AOTC a better movie, I agree, youwill go back and rethink it..i'd recomend saving some money if you havent seen it yet, because you will not be able to not see it in the theatre several times more, and it might get costly....

12. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    I'm still at a loss for words. The effects were amazing, the story was great, and the music was wonderful. I have always said that Empire was far and away my favorite of the movies, but it looks like AOTC may be comming up fast.

13. galen-kenobi

galen-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    AOTC managed to surpass my expectations, which were pretty high. The acting was better than I thought it would be, the dialog was not as bad as some were saying it was, and the love story was perfectly fine. I was beginning to wonder if I had seen a different movie than the critics did!

BTW, I think the coolest thing in the movie were the sonic weapons, especially the Jango's sonic charges. Silence, then that big twang. Too cool.

14. Samuel_L

Samuel_L Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    i loved the movie! when i saw yoda start fighting i went into a excited shock and then the one and only Mace Windu started whoopin on people and.....

SPOILER~finish off Jango~SPOILER

oh it was great. i highly recommend this movie to anyone. I cannot wait until Ep 3 cuz i wanna see the final battle between Count Dooku and someone. i think he's a cool villian cuz he's kinda good and kinda bad.

SPOILER~he knows about the emperor and is against him~SPOILER

15. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000
    Ok here we go. I must say that no matter how well a book is writen or how good photo's look it doesn't help a movie.
    But Lucas came through in a big way with Epi.II. It is simply one of the top 2 SW movies ever.

16. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    Wow. That's about all I can say right now about it.

17. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    One little addition to my earlier comments. I thought the movie was very cool the first time I saw it, but it was even better the second and third time.

18. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    DC-
    I agree 100%. This *rarely* happens to me,
    but each time I see this movie, I like it more and more.
    I have seen it 4 times now, and I can't wait to see it again!
    I feel like a 12 year-old again, discovering the joy I have been developing for this film over this past 6 days since first having seen it!
    There are just sooo many cool things that I discover each time I go- a look, a sound effect, a visual that zipped by me too quickly to process before, that I will catch this time around...AOTC rocks!

DW

19. jsp2000

jsp2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I thought the movie was great. I've seen it three times, and multiple more on bootleg (sorry!).

However, I wanted to tell everyone to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to go see AOTC in a DLP auditorium. My wife and I went to Showcase Cinema Springdale on Saturday night (with Lord_Jabez), and I must say DLP is UNBELIEVABLE. It is gorgeous. For comparison, I saw it at Easton the night before. You would not believe the difference. The colors are so much brighter, and the picture is much clearer.

I'm telling you, make the drive to Cincy. You won't be sorry!

20. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    I'll definitely be making the trip sometime jsp.

21. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    As will I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.