main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Posterboy!" (Pre-RoTS, Ani/Obi/Padme)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    This was cool--you wrote all three so well! I especially enjoyed Obi-Wan sloshing through the rain--great visual!

2. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    My word, Master.

My heart is tight, and I'm just a little breathless.

This is more than wonderous...

It was simply beauty in all it's forms.

Keep up the wonderful work Master.

Seven

3. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    What can I say apart from perfect? =D= I seem to run out of words today... Argh. It was just wonderful.

Wonderful characterization, wonderful plot bunny, wonderful description... [face_love]

4. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    You have no idea how much I loved this. There were so many different levels to the story, the subtle imagery that displayed the path of light and dark and the consequences that would befall Anakin and Padmé's secret relationship, Anakin frozen on a screen between them with the words "saviour of the galaxy" hung burning across his neck(burning - a future reference of the fate of the hero and the effect of his role and such pressure?)...just absolutely brilliant.

A slender figure slipped out of the shadows of the inner chambers, and moved into the light. I just love the reference to the light...of Obi-Wan, or to the chance to reveal the darkest of her secrets.

Blonde radiation-bleached hair framed his strong, gentle face. Intensely blue eyes were looking at someone beyond her line of vision. What a wonderful reference to Episode three and the pivotal scene that would change Anakin's life forever.

Anakin?s flush subsided. ?This is war,? he spoke, his tone abruptly quiet. ?And war needs warriors. Warriors who can fight. Fly better than I can. Duel like Master Obi-Wan. There?re millions out there, who need our help. This is what we?re born for. To help the people who work, eat and sleep, and bring up their kids. This victory is theirs, not ours. We feel just a small bit of it.? He paused. ?Is that such a wrong thing?? I love how this was reflected in Obi-Wan's thoughts at the beginning. It just shows that they are not all that different and have had to suffer through the same questions (and yet we know that they do not always come to the same answer).

He drew a deep breath, and walked out into the darkness.
    Light followed him.

And what a perfect ending, to show that the time for opening up the secret and changing the path of their lives has gone.

Wonderful imagery with so many meanings. There is not a single thing I would change about the story.

Welcome to the saga, my dear. [face_love]

5. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I've taken so long to reply. Bad me. :D

stormqueen874: My dear, I'm so glad you liked it so much. The end just wrote itself out. Thanks so much.

Anakin_Heartbreaker: Wow. Your comment realy made my day. Thanks so much. :)

Laine_Snowtrekker: Thank you! :)

Seven: My padawan. I;m so glad you reveiwed. [:D] Thank you!

Padlei: Thank you! :)

River_Stone: Ah, River, Dear girl, there are reviews I read again and again - yours is definitely one of them. I love how you dive straight to the point, and pick up deatils I'm hoping readers will notice.

"...reference to Episode three and the pivotal scene that would change Anakin's life forever."

[face_love]

I love how this was reflected in Obi-Wan's thoughts at the beginning. It just shows that they are not all that different and have had to suffer through the same questions (and yet we know that they do not always come to the same answer).

You know, I was hoping and hoping that would come to light. That was something I wanted to bring out. And I'm so happy. [:D]

Welcome to the saga, my dear.

Thank you, dear one. <bows>

6. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    I really enjoyed this one. It was a nice touch to have the Obster unbend a little. Great job with Padme.

7. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    "...and light followed him."

that was a great line [face_chicken]
    i loved ur short story...it was great
    :)

8. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Wonderful story! I loved the interaction between Obi-Wan and Padme.
    Obi sloshing in the puddles, thinking of his Master and his Padawan. Great imagery.

I just loved the whole thing!

9. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    There are so many things to love about this: Obi-Wan taking his boots off in the rain, Anakin playing to the crowd (perhaps a little more than he intended..), and that you can really understand the feelings Obi-Wan doesn't show and the things he leaves unsaid. The part where he notices the braid is heartwrenching. I also like how it was Threepio's 'helpful' redecorating that caused it to be in plain sight. :D

10. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Darth-Buddy: Thank you. Yes, Obi did unbend. A little. :)

light- : Thank you.

Jennifer_Lyn: Thanks! :D

Lovely-in-Orange: Lol. Threepio would think of something very helpful, I imagine. I'm glad you liked this. Thanks so much!

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, I missed this from long ago? Others have put into better words than I how beautiful this is. Stunning to the last P_A.

12. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    I've read this thing 3 times and i still find new things there every time. I luv Padme's thoughts on how Anakin's mind is on the war, but his heart belongs to her. Great job=D=

13. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    *is speechless*

*an hour later*
    I would wax eloquent about the imagery and characterization, but others have already done that, and no one likes a copycat. You made me want to cry for Obi-Wan...you made me actually cry for Obi-Wan. Only LuvEwan has accomplished that feat thus far, and I've been lurking around these boards for quite some time now. And your Padme was wonderful, the conflicting aspects of her love for Anakin and her trust in Obi-Wan beautifully shown. Oh, Obi-Wan...*sigh* "He is the ultimate Jedi," indeed.

Oh, and I love how you perfectly reconcile the learner Obi-Wan from your other fics with the adult. Subtly different from Stover's in all the right ways.

14. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Just stumbled across this delightful story.

Fits in so well, with Obi overlookin things between Padme and Anakin...

Keep up the good work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.