main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Posting estimated cost of film??

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by kervin, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kervin

kervin Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2004
    I just wondering if it is a good idea to give other the estimated cost of making the films???
    So newbies like me will be slapped into reality the actually cost of making a short movie.. :p

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I've done some research into this.

Now if you were filming digitally and then had to convert to 35mm format it would cost approximatly 45,000 to get a 120 minute film done. And that is without color correction or anything else.

Now you also need to buy the film too. I'm not sure on exact prices, but Lord of the Rings had over 5 millon feet of film that they had to develop then have an editor go over it. It usually will then get turned from a negative into a positive print then it will be turned into the roll of film they will send out to movie theaters. A long job and very pricey.

Now this does not inclued the price of a camera. You can rent high quality cameras for about $150 a day, not including the $700 dollar or so deposit.

Then you need to pay the actors, or at least feed them, put together costumes, set, sound, editing equipment, lighting equiptment, special effects, stunts and transportation. You'll need to do concept art too. All takes loads of time and loads of money.

Hard enough slap for you? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.