main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Posting in succession

Discussion in 'Communications' started by KeithyT, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    No biggie but a few times since I joined a year ago, moderators have picked me up when I've followed an earlier post with another (no other posts from other members inbetween) without using the edit feature.

Sometimes these posts are related/on the same subject, sometimes not - might just be the gap between them on a relatively idle thread. I'm not in the habit of doing this to annoy or have a "conversation" with myself as I'd like to think I'm an experienced and sensible measured internet forum user BUT I would say that I've mainly done it our of necessity as the EDIT feature has already disappeared or been disabled from my earlier post.

Can this time limit on ability to edit be increased at all or better yet be lifted completely so that you have edit rights permanently over all your authored posts (I probably can guess the answer to that one)?

With Thanks

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Since it has happened several times in your year with us, I would say the simplest solution would be to not double post. There is very rarely a need to post twice (or more) in succession. You may desire to, but it certainly isn't necessary. This is a discussion board, and the best way to foster discussion is to allow others to respond to your posts before adding a new post of your own. Once someone else has responded, you respond to them back and so forth.

As to extending the edit window. Those windows differ by forum. I cannot speak for the other forums, but I can say that it has previously been discussed by SWC staff for the SWC and deemed unnecessary.

[​IMG]

3. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Roger...

4. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Roger (JOKE!)

OK that one was on purpose. I will not "double post" again.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Seems like your question was answered, so locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.