main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question Posting spoilers? Explanation please?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by RogueSix, Dec 31, 2015.

1. RogueSix

RogueSix Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2015
    So I was composing a thread and noticed a large red banner warning about posting SPOILERS only in the force awakens thread.

Does this apply only to TFA or to all new material (books, comics, etc.)?

I would hate to get banned on my first day...

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It's mainly for the movies and series, but it applies to books etc. as well. With the other new material, it's a bit more relaxed and the timeframe is way longer, because you need more time to read a book than to watch a movie. So to stay save, mark all new things as a spoiler - unless you are in the spoiler part at the forum or you learned otherwise e. g. by what a mod said. You'll get it very fast for sure! :)

In case you want to know for sure for a certain post or thread, send a PM to the mod of the board where the thread in question is in. We all appreciate these PM - instead of going the try and error way. :)

And don't be too afraid of getting banned that fast. Usually and especially, if you don't do it on purpose, you get a warning first and the first ban is just for 24h mostly. A time that passes by fast.

I hope that helps, but if you have further questions, just ask. :)

That said: Welcome and have much fun! :D

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I second Skiara! Each forum often has its own rules about spoilers (like you can only post them in certain threads for a period of time). If you have any questions, the mods of the forum you're in are the best place to start!