main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion in 'Archive: Seacoast, NH' started by Cephas, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    What's up with all the locked posts? Who's doing this and why? Looks to me like somebody got lock-happy.

2. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Maybe the ISB is on a rampage... ;)

Censorship! Censorship! ;)

3. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    At first it was looking like STRAWBARY was exclusively locking any topic with the word "CANTINA" in it, but it looks like that word is not a pre-requisite for the topic lockout action....I sent her a private message to find out why she locked out my "CANTINA - Official Website" thread, but she scurried under a sun-baked rock like a womprat....

4. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    I requested that Strawbary lock posts which were redundant, no longer being posted to or which were not appropriate in my opinion on this board.

Jaded

5. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    [color=4682b4]Here are the Threads I have requested Strawbary to have locked and the reasons for the request:

We have our own Board :D - Locked because it had not received a post since 17 November, and was really no longer a viable post

First Meet - Happened in December

Christmas Wish List - No longer viable, Christmas is long over

Meet #2 Movie - Two Towers in Concord - Took place in December

Happy New Year Everyone - this was 5 months ago

Meet # 4 - Happened a while back

Cantina Fundraiser - Inappropriate for the board and was locked ages ago

Banner Thoughts - Well we have come up with our banner, so this is no longer necessary

Meeting for Group Pic - We decided not to do

Poll Who is your favorite non Fett Bounty Hunter - Poll is closed

Next Regular Meeting - Already Happened

Awesome songs - No activity outside of original post

RPG Characters - redundant moved to RPG's online or otherwise or RPG Begins

Honorary Positions - Only one post outside of the original post

Where to Go - Moved to Meeting Suggestions

Next Meeting for NH Echo Base - Moved to Meeting Suggestions

Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip !!! - No posts past original post (originally locked by author, however, had strawbary to re-open it after getting questions about it)

ROAD TRIP ROAD TRIP ROAD TRIP RPG - No posts recently - moved to RPG Begins

X2 - No posts past original should be put in Meeting Suggestions

Washington - Jango is back from Washington - Welcome back Jango

Poll - Meeting - Poll closed - moved to Meeting Suggestions

Cephas and TK - this was informational, and in my opinion did not need to be open

ATTENTION: ANYONE INTERESTED IN HAVING A NH FAN FORCE? - Locked by author as informational replies referred to Meeting Suggestions or PM to the author

Cantina Website - Boarderline Advertising and inappropriate for the group in my opinion therefore it was locked and deleted.

If you want any of these reopened, you may PM me and request it, however, be prepared to give me a valid arguement as to why. I will also take requests with valid reasons for threads that you feel should be locked.

Jaded[/color]

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I sent her a private message to find out why she locked out my "CANTINA - Official Website" thread, but she scurried under a sun-baked rock like a womprat....

um...no. I never hide from my Pm's. I was away this weekend enjoying some time off.
    Before you jump to conclusions next time , please talk to your CR, per their request threads can be locked.

Also, for the record, I have not received such a PM from Rik.

7. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Strawbary, I would like to apologize to you...I did not realize that my "thread lock out/deletion" was requested by Grand Moff Lyta. Just for the record, I was told by another CR as long as I wasn't pushing merchandise for sale with prices and all, I could post anything regarding CANTINA. The website is far from being a retail site, as you can see for yourself. The thread was locked out almost immediately after I started it, and I did send you a private message right away to inqire about the action (that would've been around 4/20/03 or so). I have some suspicions as to other reasons why Lyta was so quick to lock this thread out, while in the past other CANTINA threads were OK...Anyway, please accept my apology...

8. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    1st off there have been exactly two Cantina threads here, both of which were locked almost immediately for being in my opinion and that of the majority of the Executive council as inappropriate for the forum. I know that the Rebels allow an ongoing Cantina Thread, and that is the decision of the group of people in charge of that group. It is not a slight against you, nor the Cantina, however, we are not here to promote your store, I am sorry if you ever got the idea that we were, however we are not. I do not promote my personal websites here, and I expect that anyone else would see it the same way.

Jaded

9. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    It's got to be said and somebody's got to say it: We are all taking this group way too seriously. This group was created out of our love of Star Wars and our desire to enjoy it with people of the same persuasion. [Tarkin]This bickering is pointless.[/Tarkin] May I respectfully suggest that we all just take a deep breath, cool our jets, listen to what each other has to say, and try not to get all hot and bothered about it. We all created this group for fun, let's try to avoid any measure of political feuding.

10. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    (in reply to Sebulba's sermon:)

Amen, brother!

11. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    Princess Leia to Sebulba:"You know one of these days you're going to be wrong and I just hope I'm there to see it!"
    You've got that right, Seb. Just like life should, every Star Wars movie has comic relief in it. Sounds to me like DRL is winning here. Now I know I'm being a jerk by saying this because I'm still a padawan (wonder where George got that word?) and I haven't dealt with DRL yet but we shouldn't get so serious about this. Listen to Sebulba, he was after all frozen in DRL carbonite for a little while. But like Han Solo, he made it through (Go Seb!).
    But I could be wrong...

12. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    This is my last statement about this topic on the board, if anyone would like to continue it they can do so in PM or E-Mail. I just want to bring to everyone's attention that you as a group are the ones in control. If you do not like the way I as City Rep or the Executive Council is handling something, you can change it, as we represent you, not the other way around.

Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.