main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [PotC} Another View- one shot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by jedipati, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Pairing/Characters: Will/Elizabeth, OMC narrator, ensemble
    Rating: PG-13
    Summary: What the final battle in AWE was like, as seen from a different set of eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I have never seen such disadvantageous weather for a fight. Ha! I?ve never seen a maelstrom, not even after 80 years as a crewman on the Flying Dutchman, and 20 years before that as an officer in the Spanish Navy.

I landed on the deck of the Black Pearl. Almost immediately, I was fighting two of the pirates.

The deck was tilting crazily, it was raining worse then a hurricane, and we were fighting the most important fight I?d ever been in. Now, mind, I don?t have any problems with pirates, not any longer. After 80 years as a pirate, for all intents and purposes, I don?t mind them.

And I certainly can?t fault them for standing up against that Beckett.

Would that we could do the same.

This fight was simply crazy, with pirates, the crew, and marines all mixed together. And all three were fighting all three. I certainly didn?t care if a marine got in my way; it was one less problem when the Captain regained control of the heart.

The second wave headed over. I was fighting my way toward the main mast when I heard a semi-familiar voice. ?Elizabeth!?

It was the younger Turner, the boy who?d stolen the key. I watched as he stabbed a marine and headed for a woman pirate fighting nearby.

He caught her arm, and I couldn?t hear what he said, but she stared at him as if he was crazy. One of my crewmates rushed at them. They trapped his blades, the lass still staring at Turner. ?I don?t think now is the best time!?

They dealt with my crewmate, several marines, and another member of the Dutchman crew. ?Now may be the only time!? Turner yelled. What were they talking about?

I lost track of them after that for a bit, as I defended myself. I moved closer to where they were.

I heard the girl next, though apparently Turner had said something. ?Barbossa!? she called out. There was a brief pause. ?Marry us!?

SAY WHAT?

Apparently this Barbossa, fighting near the wheel, had the same reaction. ?I?m a little busy at the moment!?

?Barbossa, now!? Turner yelled after a moment of furious fighting.

?Fine then!?

I wanted to see this. Turner and ?Elizabeth? were getting married? Now?

And Barbossa was going along with this. I fought my way closer, but didn?t interfere.

I saw Barbossa fight his way to a box near the wheel and stand on it. He was? Good God, he was starting the wedding speech! ?Dearly Beloved we be gathered here today?? he had to break off as one of my crewmates rushed at him. He pulled out his pistol and shot the man. ??to nail yer gizzard to the mast ye poxy cur!?

I saw Turner and the lass exchange glances before they were caught up in the fighting once again. I was too stunned to do more then defend myself when a pirate rushed at me.

Even through the noise, I heard Turner. ?Elizabeth Swann, do you take me to be your husband?? I chanced a look over. They?d gone around the mast and were now where I could see them. They were staring at each other, a brief eddy in the fighting.

?I do!?

?Great!?

I realized, suddenly, that while there was dozens of people around us on this ship and the Dutchman, and tens of ships nearby, I was the only one watching this.

I remembered my own wedding, to my dear Maria. She?d died, four years before I?d joined the crew, but we?d had nearly ten years together.

These two weren?t likely to survive this day, but they wanted to die as husband and wife. The least I could do was be a witness for them.

I beat back my opponent, and gave myself some space to watch this crazy, impromptu wedding.

Apparently, I?d missed some fighting as they had moved farther back, closer to where I was. I listened as Elizabeth Swann spoke. ?Will Turner, do you take me?? she paused and they had to fight off a couple of attackers. ??to be your wife?? they had to stop again. ??In sickness and in health, with health being the le

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww, that's so sweet!!

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    With the last battle of AWE being as crazy as it is, maelstrom and all :p , it's really cool to see it from someone else's POV. Nice job! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.