main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [POTC]Out There- Disney Song Roulette Fan Fiction

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by darthhelinith, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    A Pirates of the Caribbean Fan Fiction using the Disney Song 'Out There' from The Hunchback of Notre dame. The Fan Fiction features some OCs and Captain Sparrow.
    This is my first Published Fan Fiction. I tend to stay Star Wars, but this was great fun to write, so I may well write more pirate stories in the future.[face_peace]

Copyright of lyrics belongs to Disney.

Dedicated to Liz and James. To quote Lord Vader, ?Your faith has never lacked, nor been disturbing.?

[i]You are my one defender[/i]

Shine shivered as the warm Caribbean rain pelted onto the deck and tricked down her spine, her thin clothing already soaked through. She watched Kevo in his heavy coat as he fought with the wheel of the ship, trying to keep it on a straight course. The rest of the crew were pulling in the sails and hauling ropes.

[i]Out there they'll revile you
    As a monster[/i]

Captain Black finally pulled the wheel to the desired position as the storm calmed slightly. The wind died down, and the rain resumed a drizzle.
    ?Depth?? Ham, the first mate called. Two men chucked the hand lead and line over the side.
    ?15 fathoms.? was the reply.
    Captain Black nodded in satisfaction. ?Right, maties. Weigh the Anchor.?
    6 men moved over to the Caspian and there was a clanking of chains and metal as the large anchor was slowly lowered into the water with a splooooscf.
    ?Come on Ham? Black turned to his first mate. ?Time to see the damage.?

The Captain walked over to the steps, and strode out onto the Mid-deck, Ham following. The initial assessment found that the wooden Bowsprit had a large fracture in it, which could break at any time. The Fore lower mast-which had also taken a beating, had lost both its Fore yard, and Fore lower top sail yard.

The Captain gave the word and overlooked as the two Spars were patched up and re-rigged with a temporary set up that Harper, the unofficial sail master had thought of.

Captain Black nodded in satisfaction, and then set up a watch; dismissing the other men until their turn. They were all glad to retire. They had been battling the storm for three hours, exhausting work.

?Father?? Black looked down and saw his daughter looking up at him. He picked her up and carried her below to the cabin they shared. He carefully dried her and found some warm clothes which she gratefully put on. Tucking her into the cot bed, he stroked her little face as the ship gently rocked her to sleep.

[i]I am a monster[/i]

Shine awoke in the middle of the night. She heard her father snoring in the cot above her and the gentle creaks of the wooden ship. The ticking of the strange clock that Kevo had brought with his most recent pillage was comforting, but she could not sleep.
    She kicked off the covers and walked over to the desk of papers. She took the key from its hiding place, and with its assistance, opened the top drawer of the oriental desk.

There was the mirror.

Shine had repeated this little routine many times. The mirror had been sent to her for her 6 birthday from her mother. A beautiful round hand mirror, with a gold frame decorated to look like twittering birds and flowers.

Father had not let her see the mirror; he had locked it in the top drawer of the desk. She had wanted so badly to see it; she didn?t really know what a mirror was- what it does. So, about 2 weeks ago, she had opened the top drawer, and looked at it.

She was fascinated by the face she had seen, with the huge scar running down the left side of the face. She had laughed at it.

It had taken her 7 more nights to realise that the face was her own. The person in the mirror copied every single thing that she did. And suddenly, the gold mirror was no longer beautiful, but a thing of fear, which tells the raw truth, something cursed.

But still she continued the routine, out of fascination. She could also pull faces, and play with her hair, or look at her eyes in fascination. Time and time again though, she had traced the scar on her face, studying the high ridges either side of the deep pink. And so she stared.

[i]Out there they will hate
    And scor

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, this is so sweet! And sad, too.

Can you please change your title so it reads: [POTC] Out There - (and whatever else you want to add - basically, just stick the [POTC] at the front).

3. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Done. :)
    Glad you like it, I most certainly enjoyed writing it.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Nicely done! Glad to see you got the title edit worked out. :D

5. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Heh! I tend to panic before thinking things through!
    I only realised that the boards had infinate post editing after I pm'ed' you!
    My excuse- It's my first publised fan fic:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.